From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Setting a newsgroup as read-only in Rocksolid Light
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:10:37 -0500
logging-data="2689831"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Sat, 28 Oct 2023 14:10 UTC

Is there a way to set a newsgroup as read only in Rocksolid Light?

The idea is to allow local users to read from a certain group, and
allow the local server to sync the group with a peer but to prevent
local users from posting to it.

--
3883@sugar.bug | sybershock.com | alt.sources.crypto

Re: Setting a newsgroup as read-only in Rocksolid Light

<20231104082313.3473384909184d13f6d4821b@novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=654&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#654

From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 08:23:13 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 15:23 UTC

On Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:10:37 -0500
Syber Shock <admin@sybershock.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to set a newsgroup as read only in Rocksolid Light?
>
> The idea is to allow local users to read from a certain group, and
> allow the local server to sync the group with a peer but to prevent
> local users from posting to it.

Oops, I completely overlooked this message :(

You can set a 'Section' as read-only, but not a group in a section that
allows posting.

If you look at www.rocksolidbbs.com, you'll notice that Dovenet and fms
are read-only sections. This is set in the config file per section:
$config_dir/<section>.inc.php

--
Retro Guy

Re: Setting a newsgroup as read-only in Rocksolid Light

<20231207072705.3f3543f9@dev>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=656&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#656

From: 3883@sugar.bug (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 07:27:05 -0600
 by: Syber Shock - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 13:27 UTC

On Sat, 4 Nov 2023 08:23:13 -0700
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:10:37 -0500
> Syber Shock <admin@sybershock.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to set a newsgroup as read only in Rocksolid Light?
> >
> > The idea is to allow local users to read from a certain group, and
> > allow the local server to sync the group with a peer but to prevent
> > local users from posting to it.
>
> Oops, I completely overlooked this message :(
>
> You can set a 'Section' as read-only, but not a group in a section
> that allows posting.
>
> If you look at www.rocksolidbbs.com, you'll notice that Dovenet and
> fms are read-only sections. This is set in the config file per
> section: $config_dir/<section>.inc.php

Dandy ... I can just move the read-only groups to a single section.
That will work out right.