From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: logging for nocem
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:45:46 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:45 UTC

Hello!

I have now enabled nocem and selected the group news.lists.filters.
Is there a way to see the logging?
In journalctl I can see the daemon loading articles, but I can't find
something about no nocem.

--
kind regards
Marco

Spam und Werbung bitte an ichwillgesperrtwerden@nirvana.admins.ws

Re: logging for nocem

<c96c96c2699ea7b745c57007c77b8d2a$1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=892&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#892

From: retroguy@novabbs.org (Retro Guy)
Subject: Re: logging for nocem
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:55:59 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 14:55 UTC

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:45:46 +0100, Marco Moock wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have now enabled nocem and selected the group news.lists.filters.
> Is there a way to see the logging?
> In journalctl I can see the daemon loading articles, but I can't find
> something about no nocem.

Logging will be in:
$spooldir/log/nocem.log

Enable nocem and add the groups to check for nocem to rslight.inc.php:

'enable_nocem' => '1',
'nocem_groups' => 'rocksolid.spam news.lists.filters',

Configure $config_dir/gpg.conf

Add nocem keys to gpg (set GNUPGHOME same as in gpg.conf)

Re: logging for nocem

<uojf9h$7n56$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=894&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#894

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 17:04:01 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:04 UTC

Am 21.01.2024 um 07:55:59 Uhr schrieb Retro Guy:

> Logging will be in:
> $spooldir/log/nocem.log
>
> Enable nocem and add the groups to check for nocem to rslight.inc.php:
>
> 'enable_nocem' => '1',
> 'nocem_groups' => 'rocksolid.spam news.lists.filters',
>
> Configure $config_dir/gpg.conf
>
> Add nocem keys to gpg (set GNUPGHOME same as in gpg.conf)

Thanks, that worked.

Just for other readers:
By default, GNUPGHOME is not set and .gnupg will be placed in ~.
Setting GNUPGHOME will change that in the current terminal (and with
export in child processes too), but not for other situations.

selecting keys for automated nocem (was: logging for nocem)

<1aa3a96f13868399ba8281d287177fba$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=895&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#895

From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: selecting keys for automated nocem (was: logging for nocem)
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:07:35 -0600
 by: SugarBug - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:07 UTC

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:55:59 -0700
Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:45:46 +0100, Marco Moock wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have now enabled nocem and selected the group news.lists.filters.
> > Is there a way to see the logging?
> > In journalctl I can see the daemon loading articles, but I can't
> > find something about no nocem.
>
> Logging will be in:
> $spooldir/log/nocem.log
>
> Enable nocem and add the groups to check for nocem to rslight.inc.php:
>
> 'enable_nocem' => '1',
> 'nocem_groups' => 'rocksolid.spam news.lists.filters',
>
> Configure $config_dir/gpg.conf

Default is: $rslight_gpg['gnupghome'] = $config_dir."/.gnupg";

If I change gnupghome to an arbitrary directory and add keys using that
as home, will this maintain separation from keys in default .gnupg
directory? Does rslight only check keys in the specified gnupghome?

For instance when I use gpg from the command line and specify 'homedir'
it does not access ~/.gnupg at all, as in this example:

gpg --homedir ~/debian_keys --list-keys

So from the command line as far as gpg knows, ~/debian_keys is the gpg
keystore and gpg is not even aware of ~/.gnupg when --homedir
~/debian_keys is specified. Does rslight honor this? Is rslight doing
something analogous to my CLI example with the gpg.conf setting?

> Add nocem keys to gpg (set GNUPGHOME same as in gpg.conf)

If another admin's public key is imported to rslight gnupg homedir will
nocem automatically honor and process their nocems on local messages
when a signature matches an imported pubkey?

So if I want rslight nocem to automatically honor and process nocems
from another sysop, do I simply import their pubkey to 'gnupghome'
directory? Or is there more to it? A little clarification might end my
confusion on this.

--
░░░▘░░▌░▗░▌░░░▜░▌░░ https://nightbulb.net | Flip the night switch.
░▛▌▌▛▌▛▌▜▘▛▌▌▌▐░▛▌░ oodles and obbs of odds and ends

Re: selecting keys for automated nocem

<f580e7890cfefadc5b2998c3cbb1b458@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=896&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#896

Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:56:27 +0000
Subject: Re: selecting keys for automated nocem
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:56 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:55:59 -0700
> Retro Guy <retroguy@novabbs.org> wrote:

>> On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:45:46 +0100, Marco Moock wrote:
>>
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > I have now enabled nocem and selected the group news.lists.filters.
>> > Is there a way to see the logging?
>> > In journalctl I can see the daemon loading articles, but I can't
>> > find something about no nocem.
>>
>> Logging will be in:
>> $spooldir/log/nocem.log
>>
>> Enable nocem and add the groups to check for nocem to rslight.inc.php:
>>
>> 'enable_nocem' => '1',
>> 'nocem_groups' => 'rocksolid.spam news.lists.filters',
>>
>> Configure $config_dir/gpg.conf

> Default is: $rslight_gpg['gnupghome'] = $config_dir."/.gnupg";

> If I change gnupghome to an arbitrary directory and add keys using that
> as home, will this maintain separation from keys in default .gnupg
> directory? Does rslight only check keys in the specified gnupghome?

> For instance when I use gpg from the command line and specify 'homedir'
> it does not access ~/.gnupg at all, as in this example:

> gpg --homedir ~/debian_keys --list-keys

> So from the command line as far as gpg knows, ~/debian_keys is the gpg
> keystore and gpg is not even aware of ~/.gnupg when --homedir
> ~/debian_keys is specified. Does rslight honor this? Is rslight doing
> something analogous to my CLI example with the gpg.conf setting?

I believe --homedir or setting GNUPGHOME have the same result. rslight will set the environment variable GNUPGHOME, then run gpg (not using --homedir).

If GNUPGHOME is set to $config_dir/.gnupg which is default in rslight, that is the location for the keys for rslight. It will know nothing of any other gpg location.

You would add keys to that dir, and rslight would check that dir.

>> Add nocem keys to gpg (set GNUPGHOME same as in gpg.conf)

> If another admin's public key is imported to rslight gnupg homedir will
> nocem automatically honor and process their nocems on local messages
> when a signature matches an imported pubkey?

> So if I want rslight nocem to automatically honor and process nocems
> from another sysop, do I simply import their pubkey to 'gnupghome'
> directory? Or is there more to it? A little clarification might end my
> confusion on this.

That is correct. Just add the public key to the GNUPGHOME location, and the nocems will be honored if they arrive in the groups listed in rslight.inc.php

At some point we need to be able to specify which nocem types for a sender to honor (spam/junk/whatever), but right now we honor all of them for that sender who's key we have added.

--
Retro Guy