From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: group without a message, but with message in the overview
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 12:43:32 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 11:43 UTC

Hello!

I use i2pn2 as upstream and some groups are empty there.

The strange thing is I can see information about a non- existing
message there:

de.etc.handel.misc #group is currently empty on i2pn2
Was kostet die Welt?
0 #message count
1 Hour 3 Minutes ago
by: Michael 'Mithi&

Although, that message doesn't exist.

What is the reason for that?

--
kind regards
Marco

Spam und Werbung bitte an ichwillgesperrtwerden@nirvana.admins.ws

Re: group without a message, but with message in the overview

<7c67baa7f980d7a62e9df884548cfbc4@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=887&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#887

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 17:15:16 +0000
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 17:15 UTC

Marco Moock wrote:

> Hello!

> I use i2pn2 as upstream and some groups are empty there.

> The strange thing is I can see information about a non- existing
> message there:

> de.etc.handel.misc #group is currently empty on i2pn2
> Was kostet die Welt?
> 0 #message count
> 1 Hour 3 Minutes ago
> by: Michael 'Mithi&

> Although, that message doesn't exist.

> What is the reason for that?

I think you are seeing this in RSLight, on the groups list page.

If so, it is an old bug where the variable containing last article info from the previous group fetched is displayed for a group with no articles. I need to fix that, but it's non-critical so I haven't done anything about it. I'll take a look into it when I get a chance.

--
Retro Guy

Re: group without a message, but with message in the overview

<1d1ccc1888f1b1cea4c811f73bf4f09c@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=920&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#920

Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:34:53 +0000
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:34 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> Marco Moock wrote:

>> Hello!

>> I use i2pn2 as upstream and some groups are empty there.

>> The strange thing is I can see information about a non- existing
>> message there:

>> de.etc.handel.misc #group is currently empty on i2pn2
>> Was kostet die Welt?
>> 0 #message count
>> 1 Hour 3 Minutes ago
>> by: Michael 'Mithi&

>> Although, that message doesn't exist.

>> What is the reason for that?

> I think you are seeing this in RSLight, on the groups list page.

> If so, it is an old bug where the variable containing last article info from the previous group fetched is displayed for a group with no articles. I need to fix that, but it's non-critical so I haven't done anything about it. I'll take a look into it when I get a chance.

This bug should now be fixed in the latest commit.

--
Retro Guy