To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins / Season opener at SoFi

SubjectAuthor
* Season opener at SoFiValravn
`- Season opener at SoFiStoobz

1
Season opener at SoFi

<96a47422-478b-498c-b361-50ee8ad05465n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=1016&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#1016

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 08:43:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Season opener at SoFi
From: gmwellbrook@gmail.com (Valravn)
 by: Valravn - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 15:43 UTC

As a South Florida expat incarcerated in SoCal for almost four decades, one of the few bright spots has been traipsing down to San Diego to watch live when the Dolphins played the Chargers. Now, with the Chargers relocation they are practically in my back yard. (Well, OK, SoFi is about 22 miles away for me according to "the google").

I am certain of one thing, I intend to be there for the season opener.

Problem is, I used to always go with one of my step children (as I was never able to properly indoctrinate my son in "the way of the fish" :))

I now find myself recently widowed with aforementioned step kids relocated to Texas.

I may have a couple of adult grandchildren to drag along, but they are primarily baseball fans and claim the 49'ers and Seahawks for their NFL following...

Curious if any newsgroup refugees are planning to be in town for that one.

I'm not quite ready to post anything that may appear like an open invitation at FinHeaven.

Re: Season opener at SoFi

<u774kb$5akp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=1017&group=alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins#1017

From: stoobz4@comcast.net (Stoobz)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins
Subject: Re: Season opener at SoFi
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 11:11:55 -0500
 by: Stoobz - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 16:11 UTC

On 6/24/2023 10:43 AM, Valravn wrote:
> As a South Florida expat incarcerated in SoCal for almost four decades, one of the few bright spots has been traipsing down to San Diego to watch live when the Dolphins played the Chargers. Now, with the Chargers relocation they are practically in my back yard. (Well, OK, SoFi is about 22 miles away for me according to "the google").
>
> I am certain of one thing, I intend to be there for the season opener.
>
> Problem is, I used to always go with one of my step children (as I was never able to properly indoctrinate my son in "the way of the fish" :))
>
> I now find myself recently widowed with aforementioned step kids relocated to Texas.
>
> I may have a couple of adult grandchildren to drag along, but they are primarily baseball fans and claim the 49'ers and Seahawks for their NFL following...
>
> Curious if any newsgroup refugees are planning to be in town for that one.
>
> I'm not quite ready to post anything that may appear like an open invitation at FinHeaven.

Firstly, my condolences on your loss.

Secondly, I wish I was out that way - I would gladly join you! That
looks like an amazing stadium ;)