From: non-patriots@disney.com (Non-patriots)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer,talk.politics.guns,talk.politics.misc
Subject: USWNT's Vlatko Andonovski resigns; coach drawing interest from multiple teams globally: Source
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 06:51:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Non-patriots - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 06:51 UTC

Vlatko Andonovski has resigned as coach of the U.S. women�s national team,
a source briefed on Andonovski�s status confirmed to The Athletic on
Wednesday. The source was granted anonymity because they were not
authorized to speak publicly before the move was officially announced.
Soccer outlet 90min first reported the news.

Andonovski has drawn interest from multiple teams at the international and
club levels already, the source said. U.S. Soccer is finalizing an
agreement to make assistant coach Twila Kilgore interim head coach,
multiple sources briefed on the plans said. The U.S. women have two
friendlies against South Africa scheduled for Sept. 21 and 24.

The 46-year-old Andonovski oversaw a disappointing World Cup campaign as
the side was knocked out at the last-16 stage by Sweden with a 5-4 defeat
on penalties. It was the earliest the USWNT have ever been knocked out of
a World Cup and Andonovski�s decisions throughout the tournament had been
called into question.

https://theathletic.com/4756777/2023/08/16/vlatko-andonovski-uswnt-head-
coach/

Actually it was the shitty, anti-American, disrespectful, unworthy USWNT
that has been called into question. The ex-coach is simply collateral
damage.

Re: USWNT's Vlatko Andonovski resigns; coach drawing interest from multiple teams globally: Source

<7feda8ea-9c57-4552-bcb7-be479b9dcce1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=15337&group=rec.sport.soccer#15337

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 01:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: USWNT's Vlatko Andonovski resigns; coach drawing interest from
multiple teams globally: Source
From: Pammiesheart@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
 by: Mark - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:28 UTC

On Thursday, August 17, 2023 at 7:51:26 AM UTC+1, Non-patriots wrote:
> Vlatko Andonovski has resigned as coach of the U.S. women’s national team,
> a source briefed on Andonovski’s status confirmed to The Athletic on
> Wednesday. The source was granted anonymity because they were not
> authorized to speak publicly before the move was officially announced.
> Soccer outlet 90min first reported the news.
>
> Andonovski has drawn interest from multiple teams at the international and
> club levels already, the source said. U.S. Soccer is finalizing an
> agreement to make assistant coach Twila Kilgore interim head coach,
> multiple sources briefed on the plans said. The U.S. women have two
> friendlies against South Africa scheduled for Sept. 21 and 24.
>
> The 46-year-old Andonovski oversaw a disappointing World Cup campaign as
> the side was knocked out at the last-16 stage by Sweden with a 5-4 defeat
> on penalties. It was the earliest the USWNT have ever been knocked out of
> a World Cup and Andonovski’s decisions throughout the tournament had been
> called into question.
>
> https://theathletic.com/4756777/2023/08/16/vlatko-andonovski-uswnt-head-
> coach/
>
> Actually it was the shitty, anti-American, disrespectful, unworthy USWNT
> that has been called into question. The ex-coach is simply collateral
> damage.

He seems to be giving up too early to me. He did a good job for FC Kansas City; why not persevere a bit longer with USA?