From: MHnospam@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Carabao Cup
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:22:49 -0600
 by: MH - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:22 UTC

I know it is fashionable to disparage the League cup, but I have watched
some of the games the last two years and they have been pretty exciting
and enjoyable. Also get to see more of the less well known players on
the books of the big guns. With Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Villa and Man
United already out this year, there is an opportunity there for someone.

Both Newcastle and Liverpool have played pretty strong lineups, and
brought on some of their top guys as subs as well. Particularly
impressed by Endo and Quansah yesterday vs. Bournemouth, and Joe Gomez,
while certainly not a natural at right back, sure did get forward a lot.
As for Salah, he was really fired up and into it, and did not look
like a player who wants to be in Saudi Arabia at all.

Re: Carabao Cup

<ui19iu$19g0$30@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16126&group=rec.sport.soccer#16126

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Carabao Cup
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:58:38 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:58 UTC

In article <ui17fp$2e0to$1@dont-email.me>, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>I know it is fashionable to disparage the League cup, but I have watched
>some of the games the last two years and they have been pretty exciting
>and enjoyable. Also get to see more of the less well known players on
>the books of the big guns. With Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Villa and Man
>United already out this year, there is an opportunity there for someone.
>
>Both Newcastle and Liverpool have played pretty strong lineups, and
>brought on some of their top guys as subs as well. Particularly
>impressed by Endo and Quansah yesterday vs. Bournemouth, and Joe Gomez,
>while certainly not a natural at right back, sure did get forward a lot.
> As for Salah, he was really fired up and into it, and did not look
>like a player who wants to be in Saudi Arabia at all.

The semis will be interesting!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Carabao Cup

<xn0o8wiknnex1003@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16137&group=rec.sport.soccer#16137

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 18:48:20 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:48 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <ui17fp$2e0to$1@dont-email.me>, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca>
> wrote:
> > I know it is fashionable to disparage the League cup, but I have
> > watched some of the games the last two years and they have been
> > pretty exciting and enjoyable. Also get to see more of the less well
> > known players on the books of the big guns. With Spurs, Arsenal, Man
> > City, Villa and Man United already out this year, there is an
> > opportunity there for someone.
> >
> > Both Newcastle and Liverpool have played pretty strong lineups, and
> > brought on some of their top guys as subs as well. Particularly
> > impressed by Endo and Quansah yesterday vs. Bournemouth, and Joe
> > Gomez, while certainly not a natural at right back, sure did get
> > forward a lot. As for Salah, he was really fired up and into it,
> > and did not look like a player who wants to be in Saudi Arabia at all.
> >

> The semis will be interesting!

Quarter-Finals first though Dave!!!

Re: Carabao Cup

<xn0o8wiogsxsc004@reader.xsnews.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16138&group=rec.sport.soccer#16138

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 18:52:59 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 17:52 UTC

MH wrote:

> I know it is fashionable to disparage the League cup [...] Also to get
> to see more of the less well known players on the books of the big guns.

The latter is usually the reason for the former. As in, if the managers
don't take the competition seriously enough to field their first XI (etc.)
> Both Newcastle and Liverpool have played pretty strong lineups, and
> brought on some of their top guys as subs as well.

Pochettino fielded a very strong XI, which was unlike him, but without a
proper first team out Blackburn could well have been a banana skin for
Chelsea in their current form....

Re: Carabao Cup

<ui3qpa$2hb0$16@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16144&group=rec.sport.soccer#16144

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 22:04:26 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 22:04 UTC

In article <xn0o8wiknnex1003@reader.xsnews.nl>,
Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <ui17fp$2e0to$1@dont-email.me>, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca>
>> wrote:
>> > I know it is fashionable to disparage the League cup, but I have
>> > watched some of the games the last two years and they have been
>> > pretty exciting and enjoyable. Also get to see more of the less well
>> > known players on the books of the big guns. With Spurs, Arsenal, Man
>> > City, Villa and Man United already out this year, there is an
>> > opportunity there for someone.
>> >
>> > Both Newcastle and Liverpool have played pretty strong lineups, and
>> > brought on some of their top guys as subs as well. Particularly
>> > impressed by Endo and Quansah yesterday vs. Bournemouth, and Joe
>> > Gomez, while certainly not a natural at right back, sure did get
>> > forward a lot. As for Salah, he was really fired up and into it,
>> > and did not look like a player who wants to be in Saudi Arabia at all.
>> >

>> The semis will be interesting!
>
>Quarter-Finals first though Dave!!!

I know!
--