When in doubt, lead trump.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: WC 23 U-17

SubjectAuthor
* WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
+* WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
|`* WC 23 U-17Werner Pichler
| `* WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
|  `* WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
|   `* WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
|    `- WC 23 U-17Binder Dundat
`- WC 23 U-17Jesper Lauridsen

1
WC 23 U-17

<c55a8efc-c6f9-49df-b406-c3370b29a3dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16279&group=rec.sport.soccer#16279

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 05:11:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: WC 23 U-17
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Sun, 12 Nov 2023 13:11 UTC

Well what do you know, another World Cup is on! This time itis in Indonesia or maybe Malaysia? Anyhow it is under 17 WC, with weird rules. Like Mexican keepers have to wear blindfolds? What kinda weird rule is that@!

In the world of u-17 football Venezuela is good but New Caledonia not so much. Kanada is on this WC too, though they lost to Spain, here on the Iceberg, it looks like they are showing most of the games, unless of course curling is playing at 5 AM. I dont know if they pull all night curling matches, seems like something they might do?

Re: WC 23 U-17

<c63ec4eb-a1f8-4e59-b3c7-ae791c040addn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16322&group=rec.sport.soccer#16322

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 05:29:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: WC 23 U-17
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 13:29 UTC

On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 8:11:12 a.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> Well what do you know, another World Cup is on! This time itis in Indonesia or maybe Malaysia? Anyhow it is under 17 WC, with weird rules. Like Mexican keepers have to wear blindfolds? What kinda weird rule is that@!
>
> In the world of u-17 football Venezuela is good but New Caledonia not so much. Kanada is on this WC too, though they lost to Spain, here on the Iceberg, it looks like they are showing most of the games, unless of course curling is playing at 5 AM. I dont know if they pull all night curling matches, seems like something they might do?

We are at the end of the group stage, which meant nothing as almost every team qualifies for the knock out. It would be easier to tell you the teams that did not qualify.

Kanada, just terrible, easy group and not a point with a negative goal difference of -20 or something like that.
New Kaledonia, only New Caledonia was worse than Kanada, their goal difference was something like -30
Poland also 0 points and a bad goal diff, but at least they were in a tough group
New Zealand, probably disappointing for their fans.
Burkina Faso at least they got points
Panama, Not the most Rockingest tournament for CONCACAF, USA did make it, but will play Germany in the rd of 16, Germany seems to be doing well in the U 17 world?

Re: WC 23 U-17

<be75dfb2-f3be-4ade-9a81-89fa1fff069dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16338&group=rec.sport.soccer#16338

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 05:52:01 -0800 (PST)
From: wpichler@gmail.com (Werner Pichler)
 by: Werner Pichler - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:52 UTC

On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:29:33 PM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 8:11:12 a.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > Well what do you know, another World Cup is on! This time itis in Indonesia or maybe Malaysia? Anyhow it is under 17 WC, with weird rules. Like Mexican keepers have to wear blindfolds? What kinda weird rule is that@!
> >
> > In the world of u-17 football Venezuela is good but New Caledonia not so much. Kanada is on this WC too, though they lost to Spain, here on the Iceberg, it looks like they are showing most of the games, unless of course curling is playing at 5 AM. I dont know if they pull all night curling matches, seems like something they might do?
> We are at the end of the group stage, which meant nothing as almost every team qualifies for the knock out. It would be easier to tell you the teams that did not qualify.
>
> Kanada, just terrible, easy group and not a point with a negative goal difference of -20 or something like that.
> New Kaledonia, only New Caledonia was worse than Kanada, their goal difference was something like -30
> Poland also 0 points and a bad goal diff, but at least they were in a tough group
> New Zealand, probably disappointing for their fans.
> Burkina Faso at least they got points
> Panama, Not the most Rockingest tournament for CONCACAF, USA did make it, but will play Germany in the rd of 16, Germany seems to be doing well in the U 17
> world?

I do admit that I find it hard to take a tournament seriously in which UEFA has five teams compared to OFC's two.

Ciao,
Werner

Re: WC 23 U-17

<3cf815a9-7eec-49e8-97ac-1b57b345a7b9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16440&group=rec.sport.soccer#16440

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:47:10 -0800 (PST)
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:47 UTC

Here we are at the epic semi finale stage. In the world of U-17 football, teams like France, Argentina, Germany and Mail are tops, who wudda thunk it?

Germany v Argentina

If I am up at 3:30 AM I might even watch, but I doubt it. If they happen to win, then I suggest J-Nag, drop all the players in the National team and just take these kids and work with them for the next 6 months, it would not end up any worse, but probably better. Maybe I would add Rocco Reitz as well.

France v Mali

You are probably thinking, Mali, what are they doing here?

But they actually have a decent record in the World of U 17 football.

FYI, The greatest team in the History of U-17 football is Nigeria

On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 8:52:04 a.m. UTC-5, Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 2:29:33 PM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 8:11:12 a.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > > Well what do you know, another World Cup is on! This time itis in Indonesia or maybe Malaysia? Anyhow it is under 17 WC, with weird rules. Like Mexican keepers have to wear blindfolds? What kinda weird rule is that@!
> > >
> > > In the world of u-17 football Venezuela is good but New Caledonia not so much. Kanada is on this WC too, though they lost to Spain, here on the Iceberg, it looks like they are showing most of the games, unless of course curling is playing at 5 AM. I dont know if they pull all night curling matches, seems like something they might do?
> > We are at the end of the group stage, which meant nothing as almost every team qualifies for the knock out. It would be easier to tell you the teams that did not qualify.
> >
> > Kanada, just terrible, easy group and not a point with a negative goal difference of -20 or something like that.
> > New Kaledonia, only New Caledonia was worse than Kanada, their goal difference was something like -30
> > Poland also 0 points and a bad goal diff, but at least they were in a tough group
> > New Zealand, probably disappointing for their fans.
> > Burkina Faso at least they got points
> > Panama, Not the most Rockingest tournament for CONCACAF, USA did make it, but will play Germany in the rd of 16, Germany seems to be doing well in the U 17
> > world?
> I do admit that I find it hard to take a tournament seriously in which UEFA has five teams compared to OFC's two.
>
> Ciao,
> Werner

Re: WC 23 U-17

<525ffcef-2622-4d1d-8f73-721e38e8cfd2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16441&group=rec.sport.soccer#16441

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:49:02 -0800 (PST)
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:49 UTC

And why does Googs keep asking me if i am Not Binder Robot?

On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 7:47:14 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> Here we are at the epic semi finale stage. In the world of U-17 football, teams like France, Argentina, Germany and Mail are tops, who wudda thunk it?
>
> Germany v Argentina
>
> If I am up at 3:30 AM I might even watch, but I doubt it. If they happen to win, then I suggest J-Nag, drop all the players in the National team and just take these kids and work with them for the next 6 months, it would not end up any worse, but probably better. Maybe I would add Rocco Reitz as well.
>

> France v Mali
>
> You are probably thinking, Mali, what are they doing here?
>
> But they actually have a decent record in the World of U 17 football.
>
> FYI, The greatest team in the History of U-17 football is Nigeria
> On Monday, November 20, 2023 at 8:52:04 a.m. UTC-5, Werner Pichler wrote:

> > > We are at the end of the group stage, which meant nothing as almost every team qualifies for the knock out. It would be easier to tell you the teams that did not qualify.
> > >
> > > Kanada, just terrible, easy group and not a point with a negative goal difference of -20 or something like that.
> > > New Kaledonia, only New Caledonia was worse than Kanada, their goal difference was something like -30
> > > Poland also 0 points and a bad goal diff, but at least they were in a tough group
> > > New Zealand, probably disappointing for their fans.
> > > Burkina Faso at least they got points
> > > Panama, Not the most Rockingest tournament for CONCACAF, USA did make it, but will play Germany in the rd of 16, Germany seems to be doing well in the U 17
> > > world?
> > I do admit that I find it hard to take a tournament seriously in which UEFA has five teams compared to OFC's two.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Werner

Re: WC 23 U-17

<9015d90a-27cb-498c-847f-0cf4d9451591n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16549&group=rec.sport.soccer#16549

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 05:03:18 -0800 (PST)
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 13:03 UTC

So in the Alternate Reality that is U -17 World Football, Germany is actually pretty good.

We are in the Final between two teams that you might have expected to see in a final of real football. If I am not mistaken, both Semis went to pks?

Germany 1 - 0 France HT

Apparently the German goal was from a PK that took a lot of VARing, like 8 minutes of VARing. I thought Germany had a possible call for another pk towards the end of the half. Looks like a back and forth game that could go either way.

On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 7:49:04 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> And why does Googs keep asking me if i am Not Binder Robot?
> On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 7:47:14 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > Here we are at the epic semi finale stage. In the world of U-17 football, teams like France, Argentina, Germany and Mail are tops, who wudda thunk it?
> >
> > Germany v Argentina
> >
> > If I am up at 3:30 AM I might even watch, but I doubt it. If they happen to win, then I suggest J-Nag, drop all the players in the National team and just take these kids and work with them for the next 6 months, it would not end up any worse, but probably better. Maybe I would add Rocco Reitz as well.
> >

> > France v Mali
> >
> > You are probably thinking, Mali, what are they doing here?
> >
> > But they actually have a decent record in the World of U 17 football.
> >
> > FYI, The greatest team in the History of U-17 football is Nigeria

> > > I do admit that I find it hard to take a tournament seriously in which UEFA has five teams compared to OFC's two.
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Werner

Re: WC 23 U-17

<859358fe-a526-4d38-9cce-a0c6a6360d81n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16550&group=rec.sport.soccer#16550

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 05:53:26 -0800 (PST)
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 13:53 UTC

Maybe not such an Alternate Reality?

Germany took a convincing insurmountable 2-0 lead, which lasted for all of 10 seconds.

Germany 2 - 2 France 88 min

On Saturday, December 2, 2023 at 8:03:20 a.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> So in the Alternate Reality that is U -17 World Football, Germany is actually pretty good.
>
> We are in the Final between two teams that you might have expected to see in a final of real football. If I am not mistaken, both Semis went to pks?
>
> Germany 1 - 0 France HT
>
> Apparently the German goal was from a PK that took a lot of VARing, like 8 minutes of VARing. I thought Germany had a possible call for another pk towards the end of the half. Looks like a back and forth game that could go either way.
> On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 7:49:04 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > And why does Googs keep asking me if i am Not Binder Robot?
> > On Monday, November 27, 2023 at 7:47:14 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > > Here we are at the epic semi finale stage. In the world of U-17 football, teams like France, Argentina, Germany and Mail are tops, who wudda thunk it?
> > >
> > > Germany v Argentina
> > >
> > > If I am up at 3:30 AM I might even watch, but I doubt it. If they happen to win, then I suggest J-Nag, drop all the players in the National team and just take these kids and work with them for the next 6 months, it would not end up any worse, but probably better. Maybe I would add Rocco Reitz as well.
> > >

> > > France v Mali
> > >
> > > You are probably thinking, Mali, what are they doing here?
> > >
> > > But they actually have a decent record in the World of U 17 football.
> > >
> > > FYI, The greatest team in the History of U-17 football is Nigeria

Re: WC 23 U-17

<ukfjbl$2dmlp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16553&group=rec.sport.soccer#16553

From: rorschak@sorrystofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:43:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 15:43 UTC

In the end Germany beat France on penalties. Mali get bronze with a
3-0 win over Argentina.

According to social media over the last 12 months, world cup wins on
penalties means you're the best of all time.