The surest way to remain a winner is to win once, and then not play any more.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R

SubjectAuthor
* Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga RBinder Dundat
`* Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga RBinder Dundat
 `- Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga RBinder Dundat

1
Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R

<2923d68d-3707-4cba-a0dc-cd88c3d02fbdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16715&group=rec.sport.soccer#16715

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 11:37:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 19:37 UTC

Firstly congrats to FC Copenhagen, the hottest team in football, qualifying ahead of Galatasary and ManU.

A couple of games that mean something today.

Porto vs Shactar is a game for 2nd place in the group, a tie would favour Porto.

Atletico and Lazio both qualified, but playing each other for 1st place. SOme might say it is a big deal finishing first, you do avoid Man City and Real.

And then the Group of Death, somehow the New Pretenders are already qualified, but not assured first place. It is all very complicated, but the other 3 teams can all still qualify.

If PSG beat BVB they are through as group leaders and the other game is for Europa. a draw may or may not be enough depending on what happens in the Newcastle v Milan game.

So really the 2 games worth watching would be Porto vs Shactar or Newcastle vs Milan if BVB are winning.

Re: Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R

<5e0e5b35-b7df-46d7-ad13-e93dcdd6b921n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16719&group=rec.sport.soccer#16719

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:55:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:55 UTC

On Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 2:37:31 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> Firstly congrats to FC Copenhagen, the hottest team in football, qualifying ahead of Galatasary and ManU.
>
> A couple of games that mean something today.
>
> Porto vs Shactar is a game for 2nd place in the group, a tie would favour Porto.
>
> Atletico and Lazio both qualified, but playing each other for 1st place. SOme might say it is a big deal finishing first, you do avoid Man City and Real.
>
> And then the Group of Death, somehow the New Pretenders are already qualified, but not assured first place. It is all very complicated, but the other 3 teams can all still qualify.
>
> If PSG beat BVB they are through as group leaders and the other game is for Europa. a draw may or may not be enough depending on what happens in the Newcastle v Milan game.
>
> So really the 2 games worth watching would be Porto vs Shactar or Newcastle vs Milan if BVB are winning.

The thrilling match between BVB and PSG is 0-0 at the half-both teams with plenty of chances- but Newcastle leads AC milan 1-0 and as it stands right now, Newcastle would join Dortmund in the next round.

Porto is looking good so far and Atletico beating Lazio to top their group.

Re: Thrilling conclusion to the Champions Liga R

<1bead1a0-a894-4d69-9642-1c8f29f427ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16721&group=rec.sport.soccer#16721

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:13:03 -0800 (PST)
From: dundat@gmail.com (Binder Dundat)
 by: Binder Dundat - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 22:13 UTC

On Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 3:55:36 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 2:37:31 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
> > Firstly congrats to FC Copenhagen, the hottest team in football, qualifying ahead of Galatasary and ManU.
> >
> > A couple of games that mean something today.
> >
> > Porto vs Shactar is a game for 2nd place in the group, a tie would favour Porto.
> >
> > Atletico and Lazio both qualified, but playing each other for 1st place.. SOme might say it is a big deal finishing first, you do avoid Man City and Real.
> >
> > And then the Group of Death, somehow the New Pretenders are already qualified, but not assured first place. It is all very complicated, but the other 3 teams can all still qualify.
> >
> > If PSG beat BVB they are through as group leaders and the other game is for Europa. a draw may or may not be enough depending on what happens in the Newcastle v Milan game.
> >
> > So really the 2 games worth watching would be Porto vs Shactar or Newcastle vs Milan if BVB are winning.
> The thrilling match between BVB and PSG is 0-0 at the half-both teams with plenty of chances- but Newcastle leads AC milan 1-0 and as it stands right now, Newcastle would join Dortmund in the next round.
>
> Porto is looking good so far and Atletico beating Lazio to top their group.

Ok, maybe not the most thrilling games ever, but thrilling if you were a PSG or Newcastle fan. In the end when AC milan took the lead, the BVBPSG game then shut down.

SO what can you take from the thrilling group stage of the UCL?

ll is the best liga in Europe not the WWE PL.
The offside VARobots in UCL are "actual" Robots, if I understand it correctly?
Pepe broke the record of oldest guy to score in the comp, he beat his old record by a month.
I only see Man City or Real winning this thing.