Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

SubjectAuthor
* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Futbolmetrix
+* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Futbolmetrix
|`- Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Jesper Lauridsen
+* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5The Doctor
|`* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Jesus Petry
| `- Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5The Doctor
+* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5milivella
|`- Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5MH
+- Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Mark
`* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5Futbolmetrix
 `- Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5milivella

1
Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<uln7gu$30onu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16819&group=rec.sport.soccer#16819

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 11:27:10 -0500
 by: Futbolmetrix - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 16:27 UTC

Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League NED/ENG2 Match Day 5
(2023/12/23-24)

Eredivisie takes a break until Jan 13, so it's all English Championship,
all the time.

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?

*Home*
- Before Thursday (= before 2023/12/20, 23:59 GMT)
=- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference

*Away*
=- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their
teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2023/12/23
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't
picked any team, you have free choice)
=- their opponents will represent your opponent

*ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
his/her deadline, the home player will be
represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her
two picked teams.
If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
player can pick two teams (one from each match),
and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best
outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.

Fixtures
--------

Tier 1

Mark - Werner Pichler
Leeds United - Ipswich Town
Stoke City - Millwall

milivella - MH
Blackburn Rovers - Watford
Plymouth Argyle - Birmingham

Tier 2

Futbolmetrix - Jesper Lauridsen
Leeds United - Ipswich Town
Stoke City - Millwall

The Doctor - Jesus Petry
Blackburn Rovers - Watford
Plymouth Argyle - Birmingham

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<uln9of$31bpi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16820&group=rec.sport.soccer#16820

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:05:18 -0500
 by: Futbolmetrix - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:05 UTC

On 12/17/2023 11:27 AM, Futbolmetrix wrote:

> Futbolmetrix        -    Jesper Lauridsen
>     Leeds United    -    Ipswich Town
>     Stoke City    -    Millwall

Wooden spoon decider here, must make sure to disorient my opponent with
well-crafted picks.

The descendants of the losers of the Wars of the Roses, and Ramblers FC
(who play where Messi can't do it on a rainy night)

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<ulo49p$18jc$30@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16823&group=rec.sport.soccer#16823

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 00:38:17 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 00:38 UTC

Plymouth and Rovers!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<uloal3$3ag0i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16824&group=rec.sport.soccer#16824

From: milivella@gmail.com (milivella)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 03:26:42 +0100
 by: milivella - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 02:26 UTC

Futbolmetrix:
> milivella        -    MH
>     Blackburn Rovers    -    Watford
>     Plymouth Argyle    -    Birmingham
I have no idea. I'm in complete crisis-mode.
???
I pick Blackburn Rovers and Plymouth Argile.
MH, please be gentle.
--
Cheers
milivella

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<ulpcrj$3g2m4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16826&group=rec.sport.soccer#16826

From: jesus.petry@gmail.com (Jesus Petry)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:10:27 -0300
 by: Jesus Petry - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 12:10 UTC

On 17/12/2023 21:38, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <uln7gu$30onu$1@dont-email.me>,
> Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League NED/ENG2 Match Day 5
>> (2023/12/23-24)
>>

>> Eredivisie takes a break until Jan 13, so it's all English Championship,
>> all the time.
>>

>> What to do
>> -----------
>>
>> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>>
>> *Home*
>> - Before Thursday (= before 2023/12/20, 23:59 GMT)
>> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>>
>> *Away*
>> =- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their
>> teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2023/12/23
>> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't
>> picked any team, you have free choice)
>> =- their opponents will represent your opponent
>>
>> *ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
>> his/her deadline, the home player will be
>> represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her
>> two picked teams.
>> If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
>> player can pick two teams (one from each match),
>> and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best
>> outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
>> If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.
>>

>> Fixtures
>> --------
>>
>> Tier 1
>>
>> Mark - Werner Pichler
>> Leeds United - Ipswich Town
>> Stoke City - Millwall
>>
>> milivella - MH
>> Blackburn Rovers - Watford
>> Plymouth Argyle - Birmingham
>>

>> Tier 2
>>
>> Futbolmetrix - Jesper Lauridsen
>> Leeds United - Ipswich Town
>> Stoke City - Millwall
>>
>> The Doctor - Jesus Petry
>> Blackburn Rovers - Watford
>> Plymouth Argyle - Birmingham
>
> Plymouth and Rovers!

Sir Elton's Rocketmen.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<ulpg2a$1av8$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16827&group=rec.sport.soccer#16827

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 13:05:14 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 13:05 UTC

COYR !
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<e5ab3875-adc1-46d2-99b2-e4127717172bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16927&group=rec.sport.soccer#16927

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 03:32:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Pammiesheart@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
 by: Mark - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:32 UTC

On Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 4:27:13 PM UTC, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League NED/ENG2 Match Day 5
> (2023/12/23-24)
>

> Eredivisie takes a break until Jan 13, so it's all English Championship,
> all the time.
>

> What to do
> -----------
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away?
>
> *Home*
> - Before Thursday (= before 2023/12/20, 23:59 GMT)
> =- Pick one team from each of the two matches, in order of preference
>
> *Away*
> =- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked their
> teams) and before kickoff of the first match on Saturday 2023/12/23
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if they haven't
> picked any team, you have free choice)
> =- their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> *ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
> his/her deadline, the home player will be
> represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her
> two picked teams.
> If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
> player can pick two teams (one from each match),
> and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best
> outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
> If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.
>

> Fixtures
> --------
>
> Tier 1
>
> Mark - Werner Pichler
> Leeds United - Ipswich Town
> Stoke City - Millwall

Aagh, I've forgotten to pick with all this hassle of trying to download a newsreader. I'll just guess rather than predict and hope Futbolmetrix doesn't notice I've missed the deadline.
Millwall and Leeds.

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<um4l4o$1lvjf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16932&group=rec.sport.soccer#16932

From: MHnospam@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 11:39:20 -0700
 by: MH - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 18:39 UTC

On 2023-12-17 19:26, milivella wrote:
> Futbolmetrix:
>
>> milivella        -    MH
>>      Blackburn Rovers    -    Watford
>>      Plymouth Argyle    -    Birmingham
>
> I have no idea. I'm in complete crisis-mode.
>
> ???
>
> I pick Blackburn Rovers and Plymouth Argile.
>
> MH, please be gentle.

I have as little idea as you do. Watford, because they have a Canadian
(Koné).

> --
> Cheers
> milivella

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<1af3a8ce-dd80-409f-8690-be77e6b5a593n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16936&group=rec.sport.soccer#16936

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:58:18 -0800 (PST)
From: rorschak@stofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 00:58 UTC

On Sunday 17 December 2023 at 18:05:23 UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> On 12/17/2023 11:27 AM, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> > Futbolmetrix - Jesper Lauridsen
> > Leeds United - Ipswich Town
> > Stoke City - Millwall
> Wooden spoon decider here, must make sure to disorient my opponent with
> well-crafted picks.
>
> The descendants of the losers of the Wars of the Roses, and Ramblers FC
> (who play where Messi can't do it on a rainy night)

Clear homer matches, so it doesn't really matter what I pick. Might as well have some dignity and go the tractor boys.

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<um7akn$261tn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=16945&group=rec.sport.soccer#16945

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 13:58:31 -0500
 by: Futbolmetrix - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 18:58 UTC

On 12/17/2023 11:27 AM, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League NED/ENG2 Match Day 5
> (2023/12/23-24)

I like this thing of posting results immediately:

Tier 1
----
Mark 0-0 Werner Pichler (Millwall - Stoke City)
milivella 1-2 MH (Blackburn Rovers - Watford)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
9 5 9 3 6 4 Mark
7 5 9 8 1 5 milivella
5 5 5 7 -2 5 MH
4 5 3 8 -5 4 Werner Pichler

The Mark-Werner match was selected by random.org, even though it ended
up coinciding with Mark's first choice. It wouldn't have been quite fair
to let him get the best of his two picks when he was past the deadline.

Mark still has some work to do to secure the title (what an inept biased
gamemaster I am!), while milivella could still in theory go down, but it
would require a quite unusual combination of results.

Tier 2
----
Futbolmetrix 4-0 Jesper Lauridsen (Leeds United - Ipswich Town)
The Doctor 1-2 Jesus Petry (Blackburn Rovers - Watford)

Pts M GF GA GD Picks Team
10 5 10 4 6 5 The Doctor
9 5 9 5 4 4 Jesus Petry
5 5 6 4 2 5 Futbolmetrix
4 5 3 15 -12 5 Jesper Lauridsen

Jesus prevents Doc from securing promotion, while in the wooden spoon
battle, the House of York comes away with a glorious triumph. But it
ain't over till it's over...

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 Match Day 5

<um88fe$2eao7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17054&group=rec.sport.soccer#17054

From: milivella@gmail.com (milivella)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 04:27:41 +0100
 by: milivella - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 03:27 UTC

Futbolmetrix:
> On 12/17/2023 11:27 AM, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>> Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 56 - League NED/ENG2 Match Day
>> 5 (2023/12/23-24)
>
> I like this thing of posting results immediately:
I like it, too! Let's extract the tooth right away...
> Tier 1
> ----
> Mark    0-0    Werner Pichler    (Millwall - Stoke City)
> milivella 1-2    MH    (Blackburn Rovers - Watford)
Blackburn was ahead for 80 minutes. Surely this must be rewarded in some
way?
> Pts    M    GF    GA    GD    Picks    Team
> 9    5    9    3    6    4    Mark
> 7    5    9    8    1    5    milivella
> 5    5    5    7    -2    5    MH
> 4    5    3    8    -5    4    Werner Pichler
>
> The Mark-Werner match was selected by random.org, even though it ended
> up coinciding with Mark's first choice. It wouldn't have been quite fair
> to let him get the best of his two picks when he was past the deadline.
...Thanks?
> Mark still has some work to do to secure the title
Token anti-weaufx.
> while milivella could still in theory go down
His heart speaks.
, but it
> would require a quite unusual combination of results.
Token anti-weaufx.
> Tier 2
> ----
> Futbolmetrix    4-0    Jesper Lauridsen (Leeds United - Ipswich Town)
> The Doctor    1-2    Jesus Petry    (Blackburn Rovers - Watford)
>

> Pts    M    GF    GA    GD    Picks    Team
> 10    5    10    4    6    5    The Doctor
> 9    5    9    5    4    4    Jesus Petry
> 5    5    6    4    2    5    Futbolmetrix
> 4    5    3    15    -12    5    Jesper Lauridsen
>

> Jesus prevents Doc from securing promotion, while in the wooden spoon
> battle, the House of York comes away with a glorious triumph. But it
> ain't  over till it's over...
Token anti-weaufx.
Thanks for managing the game.
--