From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: OT JIHWC R
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 21:19:39 -0500
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 02:19 UTC

WE all know Germany is the best at the Basketball, but junior Ice hockey?

Yep, for the first time in 10000 years or however long the last ice age
was, Germany has beaten Finland at the Ice hockey WC for juniors, which
in ice hockey terms is the real ice hockey.

Now in ice hockey, unlike football ( or soccer) nobody feigns injury, in
fact quite the opposite, you can have broken teeth and missing limbs,
but you never let the opponent know you are hurt. Even the VAR robots
in ice hockey always turn down penalties, if you cross checked a guy and
knocked out all his teeth and were given the 5 minute penalty you
deserve, the Robots will bring it down to a 2 minute minor.

AS far as I now Kanada has won every junior ice hockey world cup since
they invented Zamboni machines. Maybe Sweden won one or two and maybe
the Czechs once won one, but Kanada is like the Brazil of junior ice
hockey as far as I know.

How come the Swedes did not invite their Russian friends to this WC?

Apparently this thing is on Ottawa next year.
We dont even have snow on the ground here on the Iceberg kapital, it is
just gross, ugly rain, its like Hanburgo.

Re: OT JIHWC R

<ummivd$rj89$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17096&group=rec.sport.soccer#17096

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: OT JIHWC R
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 08:52:47 -0500
 by: Binder Dundat - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 13:52 UTC

On 2023-12-27 9:19 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> WE all know Germany is the best at the Basketball, but junior Ice hockey?

Ok, the short lived reign as champions of ice hockey lasted for about 20
hours. Sweden, USA and of course Kanada are the kings of junior ice hockey.

Couple of big games today,
Sweden v Kanada and USA v Czechnoslovakia.
It would appear Slovakia is better than Czechia at the ice hockey.
Some very lopsided scores so far like Latvia 0 -10 Kanada or Swiss 3 -
11 USA

> Yep, for the first time in 10000 years or however long the last ice age
> was, Germany has beaten Finland at the Ice hockey WC for juniors, which
> in ice hockey terms is the real ice hockey.
>
> Now in ice hockey, unlike football ( or soccer) nobody feigns injury, in
> fact quite the opposite, you can have broken teeth and missing limbs,
> but you never let the opponent know you are hurt.  Even the VAR robots
> in ice hockey always turn down penalties, if you cross checked a guy and
> knocked out all his teeth and were given the 5 minute penalty you
> deserve, the Robots will bring it down to a 2 minute minor.
>
> AS far as I now Kanada has won every junior ice hockey world cup since
> they invented Zamboni machines.  Maybe Sweden won one or two and maybe
> the Czechs once won one, but Kanada is like the Brazil of junior ice
> hockey as far as I know.
>
> How come the Swedes did not invite their Russian friends to this WC?
>
> Apparently this thing is on Ottawa next year.
> We dont even have snow on the ground here on the Iceberg  kapital, it is
> just gross, ugly rain, its like Hanburgo.

Re: OT JIHWC R

<9ab8d81d-3009-4dca-a5de-101c0f6d8945n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17115&group=rec.sport.soccer#17115

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 10:27:05 -0800 (PST)
From: wpichler@gmail.com (Werner Pichler)
 by: Werner Pichler - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:27 UTC

On Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 3:19:43 AM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> WE all know Germany is the best at the Basketball, but junior Ice hockey?
>
> Yep, for the first time in 10000 years or however long the last ice age
> was, Germany has beaten Finland at the Ice hockey WC for juniors, which
> in ice hockey terms is the real ice hockey.
>
> Now in ice hockey, unlike football ( or soccer) nobody feigns injury, in
> fact quite the opposite, you can have broken teeth and missing limbs,
> but you never let the opponent know you are hurt. Even the VAR robots
> in ice hockey always turn down penalties, if you cross checked a guy and
> knocked out all his teeth and were given the 5 minute penalty you
> deserve, the Robots will bring it down to a 2 minute minor.
>
> AS far as I now Kanada has won every junior ice hockey world cup since
> they invented Zamboni machines. Maybe Sweden won one or two and maybe
> the Czechs once won one, but Kanada is like the Brazil of junior ice
> hockey as far as I know.
>
> How come the Swedes did not invite their Russian friends to this WC?
>
> Apparently this thing is on Ottawa next year.
> We dont even have snow on the ground here on the Iceberg kapital, it is
> just gross, ugly rain, its like Hanburgo.

Well, Germany finished last in their group and will have to beat Norway to avoid relegation,
and Canada have just been eliminated by the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals.

Ciao,
Werner

Re: OT JIHWC R

<un55a2$3etlk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17122&group=rec.sport.soccer#17122

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 21:31:29 -0500
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 02:31 UTC

On 2024-01-02 1:27 p.m., Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 3:19:43 AM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
>> WE all know Germany is the best at the Basketball, but junior Ice hockey?
>>
>> Yep, for the first time in 10000 years or however long the last ice age
>> was, Germany has beaten Finland at the Ice hockey WC for juniors, which
>> in ice hockey terms is the real ice hockey.
>>
>> Now in ice hockey, unlike football ( or soccer) nobody feigns injury, in
>> fact quite the opposite, you can have broken teeth and missing limbs,
>> but you never let the opponent know you are hurt. Even the VAR robots
>> in ice hockey always turn down penalties, if you cross checked a guy and
>> knocked out all his teeth and were given the 5 minute penalty you
>> deserve, the Robots will bring it down to a 2 minute minor.
>>
>> AS far as I now Kanada has won every junior ice hockey world cup since
>> they invented Zamboni machines. Maybe Sweden won one or two and maybe
>> the Czechs once won one, but Kanada is like the Brazil of junior ice
>> hockey as far as I know.
>>
>> How come the Swedes did not invite their Russian friends to this WC?
>>
>> Apparently this thing is on Ottawa next year.
>> We dont even have snow on the ground here on the Iceberg kapital, it is
>> just gross, ugly rain, its like Hanburgo.
>
> Well, Germany finished last in their group and will have to beat Norway to avoid relegation,
> and Canada have just been eliminated by the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals.
>
> Ciao,
> Werner

It is all very hard to understand. Germany beat Finland in the first
match ( granted it was an Italian job with them getting totally
outplayed and outshot and defending all of the 3rd period) yet Finland
are in the semi finals.
Latvia were beaten 10 -0 by Kanada, yet they still made the QFs.
The Swiss also made the QFs and even took hosts Sweden to OT.
Slovaks beat the Czechs 6-2, yet Czechs are in the semi.

So anyhow, semi finals are
Finalndia v USA
Sweden v Czech

Re: OT JIHWC R

<b0b92b37-0874-49d7-b795-93e688205b3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17126&group=rec.sport.soccer#17126

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:25:32 -0800 (PST)
From: wpichler@gmail.com (Werner Pichler)
 by: Werner Pichler - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:25 UTC

On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 3:31:33 AM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-01-02 1:27 p.m., Werner Pichler wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 3:19:43 AM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> >> WE all know Germany is the best at the Basketball, but junior Ice hockey?
> >>
> >> Yep, for the first time in 10000 years or however long the last ice age
> >> was, Germany has beaten Finland at the Ice hockey WC for juniors, which
> >> in ice hockey terms is the real ice hockey.
> >>
> >> Now in ice hockey, unlike football ( or soccer) nobody feigns injury, in
> >> fact quite the opposite, you can have broken teeth and missing limbs,
> >> but you never let the opponent know you are hurt. Even the VAR robots
> >> in ice hockey always turn down penalties, if you cross checked a guy and
> >> knocked out all his teeth and were given the 5 minute penalty you
> >> deserve, the Robots will bring it down to a 2 minute minor.
> >>
> >> AS far as I now Kanada has won every junior ice hockey world cup since
> >> they invented Zamboni machines. Maybe Sweden won one or two and maybe
> >> the Czechs once won one, but Kanada is like the Brazil of junior ice
> >> hockey as far as I know.
> >>
> >> How come the Swedes did not invite their Russian friends to this WC?
> >>
> >> Apparently this thing is on Ottawa next year.
> >> We dont even have snow on the ground here on the Iceberg kapital, it is
> >> just gross, ugly rain, its like Hanburgo.
> >
> > Well, Germany finished last in their group and will have to beat Norway to avoid relegation,
> > and Canada have just been eliminated by the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals.
> >
> It is all very hard to understand. Germany beat Finland in the first
> match ( granted it was an Italian job with them getting totally
> outplayed and outshot and defending all of the 3rd period) yet Finland
> are in the semi finals.
> Latvia were beaten 10 -0 by Kanada, yet they still made the QFs.
> The Swiss also made the QFs and even took hosts Sweden to OT.
> Slovaks beat the Czechs 6-2, yet Czechs are in the semi.
>
> So anyhow, semi finals are
> Finalndia v USA
> Sweden v Czech

Sweden v USA final

Germany escaped relegation thanks to an OT winner against Norway.

Ciao,
Werner

Re: OT JIHWC R

<unbomj$l027$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17129&group=rec.sport.soccer#17129

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 09:39:17 -0500
 by: Binder Dundat - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 14:39 UTC

On 2024-01-04 4:25 p.m., Werner Pichler wrote:
> On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 3:31:33 AM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:

>>> Well, Germany finished last in their group and will have to beat Norway to avoid relegation,
>>> and Canada have just been eliminated by the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals.
>>>
>> It is all very hard to understand. Germany beat Finland in the first
>> match ( granted it was an Italian job with them getting totally
>> outplayed and outshot and defending all of the 3rd period) yet Finland
>> are in the semi finals.
>> Latvia were beaten 10 -0 by Kanada, yet they still made the QFs.
>> The Swiss also made the QFs and even took hosts Sweden to OT.
>> Slovaks beat the Czechs 6-2, yet Czechs are in the semi.
>>
>> So anyhow, semi finals are
>> Finalndia v USA
>> Sweden v Czech
>
> Sweden v USA final

USA won the final and it is another win for the Rockingest conference in
the world of sport. granted when it comes to ice hockey, there really
are only two countries in CONCACAF, I dont think I have ever seen a
Mexican ice hockey team? MAybe Jamaica has one, they did have a bobsled
team.

> Germany escaped relegation thanks to an OT winner against Norway.
>

> Ciao,
> Werner

Re: OT JIHWC R

<b8eefcc6-0d60-444c-8751-14d05e0d7bfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=17136&group=rec.sport.soccer#17136

Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 11:56:38 -0800 (PST)
From: wpichler@gmail.com (Werner Pichler)
 by: Werner Pichler - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 19:56 UTC

On Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 3:39:18 PM UTC+1, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-01-04 4:25 p.m., Werner Pichler wrote:

> >> It is all very hard to understand. Germany beat Finland in the first
> >> match ( granted it was an Italian job with them getting totally
> >> outplayed and outshot and defending all of the 3rd period) yet Finland
> >> are in the semi finals.
> >> Latvia were beaten 10 -0 by Kanada, yet they still made the QFs.
> >> The Swiss also made the QFs and even took hosts Sweden to OT.
> >> Slovaks beat the Czechs 6-2, yet Czechs are in the semi.
> >>
> >> So anyhow, semi finals are
> >> Finalndia v USA
> >> Sweden v Czech
> >
> > Sweden v USA final
>
> USA won the final and it is another win for the Rockingest conference in
> the world of sport. granted when it comes to ice hockey, there really
> are only two countries in CONCACAF, I dont think I have ever seen a
> Mexican ice hockey team? MAybe Jamaica has one, they did have a bobsled
> team.

The Selección Mexicana de Hockey sobre Hielo last year got relegated from the fifth
to the sixth tier of the World Championships, and so will play in March in Division III A
in Kyrgyzstan, in a group with Turkmenistan, South Africa, Thailand, and Luxembourg.

These lower tiers are delightfully random.

Ciao,
Werner