Ever feel like life was a game and you had the wrong instruction book?

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Leverkusen Watch R

SubjectAuthor
* Leverkusen Watch RBinder Dundat
+* Re: Leverkusen Watch RWerner Pichler
|`- Re: Leverkusen Watch RJesper Lauridsen
`* Re: Leverkusen Watch RBinder Dundat
 `* Re: Leverkusen Watch RBinder Dundat
  +- Re: Leverkusen Watch RWerner Pichler
  +- Re: Leverkusen Watch RMark
  `* Re: Leverkusen Watch RBinder Dundat
   `- Re: Leverkusen Watch RBinder Dundat

1
Leverkusen Watch R

<usd6ba$17mk7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18002&group=rec.sport.soccer#18002

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Leverkusen Watch R
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 14:59:36 -0500
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 19:59 UTC

I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer comes
through. Now granted, they were playing against a team no one has ever
heard of from a country from who knows where? I mean, I am pretty sure
it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?

I didn't see how Qaraba went up 2-0, I tuned in around the time Florian
Wirtz came on and he then single-handedly rescued the point for Bayer
and keeps them undefeated this season. Once again a late goal saves
Bayer from being the Pretenders and that has happened so many times this
season as well. Can they go undefeated for the rest of the season?
Probably not, but they have 10 points on bayern and you know bayern will
drop points. Dont let that win vs Lazio fool you into believing bayern
is back. Lazio played to hold Bayern instead of going after them and
that is why they lost, also they just are not very good.

I suppose what this does show is that Leverkusen are not a deep squad,
they need their top players, Alonso looked to have rested a bunch for
this match, which is 10 time zones away from Germany, so I kinda get
that, but they just cant do it without the core players. Can you
imagine if Freiburg was playing Qarabag, they would be peddling those
bikes for months! I mean come on, it is closer to China than Europe! I
think they are closer to Australia than Europe????

We will continue this watch to see if bayer can pull of the first
undefeated season ever in the history of football!

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<useknp$1jqdl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18007&group=rec.sport.soccer#18007

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Leverkusen Watch R
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:11:21 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:TyhPrPAeXthbvrOIVLa4HR+Q3eI=
 by: Werner Pichler - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 09:11 UTC

Binder Dundat <dundat@mail.com> wrote:
> I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer comes
> through. Now granted, they were playing against a team no one has ever
> heard of from a country from who knows where? I mean, I am pretty sure
> it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?

Well, Leverkusen last played there in November so they might have
remembered.

I‘ve got to say it sucks a bit that the draw turned out two ties (also
Sporting-Atalanta) that have already taken place in the group stages. But
it’s the last time that that could have happened anyway.

Ciao,
Werner

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<uskgis$30mvm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18016&group=rec.sport.soccer#18016

From: rorschak@stofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:37:16 +0100
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 14:37 UTC

On 08/03/2024 10.11, Werner Pichler wrote:
> Binder Dundat <dundat@mail.com> wrote:
>> I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer comes
>> through. Now granted, they were playing against a team no one has ever
>> heard of from a country from who knows where? I mean, I am pretty sure
>> it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?
>
> Well, Leverkusen last played there in November so they might have
> remembered.
>
> I‘ve got to say it sucks a bit that the draw turned out two ties (also
> Sporting-Atalanta) that have already taken place in the group stages.

Freiburg - West Ham as well.

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<usvsfh$1s8oh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18085&group=rec.sport.soccer#18085

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:07:43 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 22:07 UTC

On 2024-03-07 2:59 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer comes
> through.  Now granted, they were playing against a team no one has ever
> heard of from a country from who knows where?  I mean, I am pretty sure
> it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?
>
> I didn't see how Qaraba went up 2-0, I tuned in around the time Florian
> Wirtz came on and he then single-handedly rescued the point for Bayer
> and keeps them undefeated this season.  Once again a late goal saves
> Bayer from being the Pretenders and that has happened so many times this
> season as well.  Can they go undefeated for the rest of the season?
> Probably not, but they have 10 points on bayern and you know bayern will
> drop points.  Dont let that win vs Lazio fool you into believing bayern
> is back.  Lazio played to hold Bayern instead of going after them and
> that is why they lost, also they just are not very good.
>
> I suppose what this does show is that Leverkusen are not a deep squad,
> they need their top players, Alonso looked to have rested a bunch for
> this match, which is 10 time zones away from Germany, so I kinda get
> that, but they just cant do it without the core players.  Can you
> imagine if Freiburg was playing Qarabag, they would be peddling those
> bikes for months!  I mean come on, it is closer to China than Europe!  I
> think they are closer to Australia than Europe????
>
> We will continue this watch to see if bayer can pull of the first
> undefeated season ever in the history of football!

You can pretty much take this post and re-post it for today's match,
except go one better as they score 3 to avoid having to go to ET. They
were down 2-0 with 20 mins left and looked like going out, but once
again in very un-pretnder like fashion they pull off the win. Now
granted they beat this team form who knows where in the group stage 6-1
on agg. so it should have been easier, but the end result is what matters.

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<ut7n56$3o8tp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18140&group=rec.sport.soccer#18140

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 17:25:56 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:25 UTC

I want to say Bayer are new Champions, the equation proves it is, our
projections have them winning the liga,but deep down inside, I still
cant help but think of the Pretenders. But 8 games left and a 10 point
lead,what could possibly go wrong?

Bayer beat Freiburg today 3-2, which is not that interesting, what is
interesting is that Streich may be hanging up the bicycle?

On 2024-03-14 6:07 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-07 2:59 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>> I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer comes
>> through.  Now granted, they were playing against a team no one has
>> ever heard of from a country from who knows where?  I mean, I am
>> pretty sure it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?
>>
>> I didn't see how Qaraba went up 2-0, I tuned in around the time
>> Florian Wirtz came on and he then single-handedly rescued the point
>> for Bayer and keeps them undefeated this season.  Once again a late
>> goal saves Bayer from being the Pretenders and that has happened so
>> many times this season as well.  Can they go undefeated for the rest
>> of the season? Probably not, but they have 10 points on bayern and you
>> know bayern will drop points.  Dont let that win vs Lazio fool you
>> into believing bayern is back.  Lazio played to hold Bayern instead of
>> going after them and that is why they lost, also they just are not
>> very good.
>>
>> I suppose what this does show is that Leverkusen are not a deep squad,
>> they need their top players, Alonso looked to have rested a bunch for
>> this match, which is 10 time zones away from Germany, so I kinda get
>> that, but they just cant do it without the core players.  Can you
>> imagine if Freiburg was playing Qarabag, they would be peddling those
>> bikes for months!  I mean come on, it is closer to China than Europe!
>> I think they are closer to Australia than Europe????
>>
>> We will continue this watch to see if bayer can pull of the first
>> undefeated season ever in the history of football!
>
> You can pretty much take this post and re-post it for today's match,
> except go one better as they score 3 to avoid having to go to ET.  They
> were down 2-0 with 20 mins left and looked like going out, but once
> again in very un-pretnder like fashion they pull off the win.  Now
> granted they beat this team form who knows where in the group stage 6-1
> on agg. so it should have been easier, but the end result is what matters.

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<ut9b36$5mva$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18156&group=rec.sport.soccer#18156

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:12:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:crD7nJfyfop/FWveBAD6y4bqlUo=
 by: Werner Pichler - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:12 UTC

Binder Dundat <dundat@mail.com> wrote:
> I want to say Bayer are new Champions, the equation proves it is, our
> projections have them winning the liga,but deep down inside, I still
> cant help but think of the Pretenders. But 8 games left and a 10 point
> lead,what could possibly go wrong?
>
> Bayer beat Freiburg today 3-2, which is not that interesting, what is
> interesting is that Streich may be hanging up the bicycle?

Yep, he’s cycling into the sunset at the end of the season.

Historical precedent would suggest that Freiburg will now blunder through
four seasons before they find their next decennial manager.

Ciao,
Werner

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<utbrtp$psuo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18167&group=rec.sport.soccer#18167

From: Pammiesheart@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:11:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:11 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> I want to say Bayer are new Champions, the equation proves it is, our
> projections have them winning the liga,but deep down inside, I still
> cant help but think of the Pretenders. But 8 games left and a 10
> point lead,what could possibly go wrong?

Ask Botafogo.

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<uu9fca$13omq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18268&group=rec.sport.soccer#18268

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:41:46 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 16:41 UTC

Once again, in what seems a normal occurrence, bayer win with goals in
the 90th minute. Apparently Xabi will be back again next season as
well, probably end up getting fired next year. But enjoy it while you
can. Now lets see if the Pretenders can do it against Bayern.

On 2024-03-17 5:25 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> I want to say Bayer are new Champions, the equation proves it is, our
> projections have them winning the liga,but deep down inside, I still
> cant help but think of the Pretenders.  But 8 games left and a 10 point
> lead,what could possibly go wrong?
>
> Bayer beat Freiburg today 3-2, which is not that interesting, what is
> interesting is that Streich may be hanging up the bicycle?
>

> On 2024-03-14 6:07 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>> On 2024-03-07 2:59 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>>> I was ready to say the Pretenders are back, but once again Bayer
>>> comes through.  Now granted, they were playing against a team no one
>>> has ever heard of from a country from who knows where?  I mean, I am
>>> pretty sure it is not in Europe, possibly Asia, maybe Arctica?
>>>
>>> I didn't see how Qaraba went up 2-0, I tuned in around the time
>>> Florian Wirtz came on and he then single-handedly rescued the point
>>> for Bayer and keeps them undefeated this season.  Once again a late
>>> goal saves Bayer from being the Pretenders and that has happened so
>>> many times this season as well.  Can they go undefeated for the rest
>>> of the season? Probably not, but they have 10 points on bayern and
>>> you know bayern will drop points.  Dont let that win vs Lazio fool
>>> you into believing bayern is back.  Lazio played to hold Bayern
>>> instead of going after them and that is why they lost, also they just
>>> are not very good.
>>>
>>> I suppose what this does show is that Leverkusen are not a deep
>>> squad, they need their top players, Alonso looked to have rested a
>>> bunch for this match, which is 10 time zones away from Germany, so I
>>> kinda get that, but they just cant do it without the core players.
>>> Can you imagine if Freiburg was playing Qarabag, they would be
>>> peddling those bikes for months!  I mean come on, it is closer to
>>> China than Europe! I think they are closer to Australia than Europe????
>>>
>>> We will continue this watch to see if bayer can pull of the first
>>> undefeated season ever in the history of football!
>>
>> You can pretty much take this post and re-post it for today's match,
>> except go one better as they score 3 to avoid having to go to ET.
>> They were down 2-0 with 20 mins left and looked like going out, but
>> once again in very un-pretnder like fashion they pull off the win.
>> Now granted they beat this team form who knows where in the group
>> stage 6-1 on agg. so it should have been easier, but the end result is
>> what matters.

Re: Leverkusen Watch R

<v03lbs$ecit$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18513&group=rec.sport.soccer#18513

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 14:19:40 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:19 UTC

Just incredible, they did it again! This time I didnt think they would,
but no, they just cant lose