The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Canada vs Trinidad

SubjectAuthor
* Canada vs TrinidadThe Doctor
`* Re: Canada vs TrinidadBinder Dundat
 +* Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R]MH
 |+- Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R]The Doctor
 |`* Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])Lléo
 | +- Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])The Doctor
 | +- Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])Binder Dundat
 | `* Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])Werner Pichler
 |  +- Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])The Doctor
 |  `- Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])Jesus Petry
 +- Re: Canada vs TrinidadLléo
 `- Re: Canada vs TrinidadJesper Lauridsen

1
Canada vs Trinidad

<utk7ri$gtr$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18183&group=rec.sport.soccer#18183

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Canada vs Trinidad
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:24:34 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:24 UTC

I hope hope Canada kicks Trinidad s hard that Trinidad goes home
crying hard!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Canada vs Trinidad

<utkd43$31l4k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18184&group=rec.sport.soccer#18184

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Canada vs Trinidad
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:54:24 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:54 UTC

On 2024-03-22 11:24 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
> I hope hope Canada kicks Trinidad s hard that Trinidad goes home
> crying hard!

I have to admit the Rockingness of CONCACAF is even too much for me, I
have no idea what this match is for? I think it may have something to
do with qualifying for a South American championship, but I am not sure?
Might be for an Asian one maybe? It is all too Rocking for me.

I think Canada is out of the CONCACAF Nations League, I also think the
final will be between USA and Mexico as Canada was knocked out somehow
at home by Jamaica? I can only guess Canada did not opt for the safe
home venue of Yellowknife for that match, or at least Edmonton, the
idiots probably played in balmy Calgary or Toronto.

What I do know, or at least I think I know, is that the Rockingness of
CONCACAF is so great that puny little CONEMBOL wants CONCACAF to host
its Championship. We all know in the near future CONCACAF willbe hosting
every World Cup. Also a bit surprised that there were no S American
qualifiers during this break?

In somewhat related news 2026 WC winners North Korea no longer see the
need to qualify for the WC they won and why would you if you already won
the damn thing!

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R]

<utnl1b$3t87m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18196&group=rec.sport.soccer#18196

From: MHnospam@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R]
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 16:27:53 -0600
 by: MH - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:27 UTC

On 2024-03-22 10:54, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-22 11:24 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
>> I hope hope Canada kicks Trinidad s hard that Trinidad goes home
>> crying hard!

I did not see the game (could not be bothered paying for OneSoccer just
for this). Watched Belgian and German friendlies instead. Germany
looked very good and deservedly beat France. Could have been as much as
4-0 but stayed at 2-0.

Anyway Canada left it fairly late but did get the job done and beat T
and T 2-0. Goals by Larin and sub. Shaffelburg (from Port Williams NS -
just down the road from where I used to live. I doubt there are much
more than 1000 people in Port Williams).

Surprise started for Canada were Crepeau in goal, Waterman on defence,
and Ugbo up front. Glad to see the back of Borjan, but I always felt
St. Clair was the more natural successor in Goal.

The very young Luc de Fougerolles (18, Fulham) came on for his first
cap, committing him to the Canadian cause.

This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
and Chile. We could easily finish last.

> I have to admit the Rockingness of CONCACAF is even too much for me, I
> have no idea what this match is for?  I think it may have something to
> do with qualifying for a South American championship, but I am not sure?
>  Might be for an Asian one maybe?  It is all too Rocking for me.
>
> I think Canada is out of the CONCACAF Nations League, I also think the
> final will be between USA and Mexico as Canada was knocked out somehow
> at home by Jamaica?  I can only guess Canada did not opt for the safe
> home venue of Yellowknife for that match, or at least Edmonton, the
> idiots probably played in balmy Calgary or Toronto.
>
> What I do know, or at least I think I know, is that the Rockingness of
> CONCACAF is so great that puny little CONEMBOL wants CONCACAF to host
> its Championship. We all know in the near future CONCACAF willbe hosting
> every World Cup. Also a bit surprised that there were no S American
> qualifiers during this break?
>
> In somewhat related news 2026 WC winners North Korea no longer see the
> need to qualify for the WC they won and why would you if you already won
> the damn thing!

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R]

<utnpfc$1bnq$5@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18199&group=rec.sport.soccer#18199

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 23:43:40 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 23:43 UTC

In article <utnl1b$3t87m$1@dont-email.me>, MH <MHnospam@ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>On 2024-03-22 10:54, Binder Dundat wrote:
>> On 2024-03-22 11:24 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
>>> I hope hope Canada kicks Trinidad s hard that Trinidad goes home
>>> crying hard!
>>

>I did not see the game (could not be bothered paying for OneSoccer just
>for this). Watched Belgian and German friendlies instead. Germany
>looked very good and deservedly beat France. Could have been as much as
>4-0 but stayed at 2-0.
>
>Anyway Canada left it fairly late but did get the job done and beat T
>and T 2-0. Goals by Larin and sub. Shaffelburg (from Port Williams NS -
>just down the road from where I used to live. I doubt there are much
>more than 1000 people in Port Williams).
>
>Surprise started for Canada were Crepeau in goal, Waterman on defence,
>and Ugbo up front. Glad to see the back of Borjan, but I always felt
>St. Clair was the more natural successor in Goal.
>
>The very young Luc de Fougerolles (18, Fulham) came on for his first
>cap, committing him to the Canadian cause.
>
>This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
>and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>>
>> I have to admit the Rockingness of CONCACAF is even too much for me, I
>> have no idea what this match is for?  I think it may have something to
>> do with qualifying for a South American championship, but I am not sure?
>>  Might be for an Asian one maybe?  It is all too Rocking for me.
>>
>> I think Canada is out of the CONCACAF Nations League, I also think the
>> final will be between USA and Mexico as Canada was knocked out somehow
>> at home by Jamaica?  I can only guess Canada did not opt for the safe
>> home venue of Yellowknife for that match, or at least Edmonton, the
>> idiots probably played in balmy Calgary or Toronto.
>>
>> What I do know, or at least I think I know, is that the Rockingness of
>> CONCACAF is so great that puny little CONEMBOL wants CONCACAF to host
>> its Championship. We all know in the near future CONCACAF willbe hosting
>> every World Cup. Also a bit surprised that there were no S American
>> qualifiers during this break?
>>
>> In somewhat related news 2026 WC winners North Korea no longer see the
>> need to qualify for the WC they won and why would you if you already won
>> the damn thing!

I saw that Game as was riveted!

Next games include

a friendly against the Dutch

Copa America!

20 June vs Argentina to kick the tournament off!

The other 2 games are Chile and Peru!

Argentina and Chile to advance from that group!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Canada vs Trinidad

<utoigo$6v69$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18201&group=rec.sport.soccer#18201

From: llb.moura@gmail.com (Lléo)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 03:51:34 -0300
 by: Lléo - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 06:51 UTC

On 22/03/2024 13:54, Binder Dundat wrote:
> What I do know, or at least I think I know, is that the Rockingness of
> CONCACAF is so great that puny little CONEMBOL wants CONCACAF to host
> its Championship. We all know in the near future CONCACAF willbe hosting
> every World Cup. Also a bit surprised that there were no S American
> qualifiers during this break?

They'll return only after Copa America.

> In somewhat related news 2026 WC winners North Korea no longer see the
> need to qualify for the WC they won and why would you if you already won
> the damn thing!

So they just suddenly cancelled their home WCQ match against Japan,
without presenting any reasons for that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/22/north-korea-cancels-world-cup-qualifier-against-japan

They still have home matches scheduled in June, against Syria and
Myanmar, but apparently this one has been "moved to an yet unnanounced
neutral venue".

Best regards,

Lléo

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<utoj7t$73ri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18202&group=rec.sport.soccer#18202

From: llb.moura@gmail.com (Lléo)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 04:03:55 -0300
 by: Lléo - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 07:03 UTC

On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
> and Chile. We could easily finish last.

I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
ago, in fact.

Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
here are the full groups:

A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada
B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica
C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia
D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica

Looking up at Wikipedia, the playoff tree after the first round just
doesn't seem right. It reads:

A1 vs B2
B1 vs A2

C1 vs D2
D1 vs C2

So, that would mean that teams from group A and B can only meet teams
from groups C and D in the final, not before. If two teams from the same
group advance from the quarterfinals, they'll necessarily meet in the
semifinals. And also, that Brasil/Uruguay vs Argentina can only happen
in the final. It wasn't like that in 2016, so not sure why they decided
to botch it this time.

Best regards,

Lléo

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<utp30e$jg5$8@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18205&group=rec.sport.soccer#18205

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:32:30 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:32 UTC

In article <utoj7t$73ri$1@dont-email.me>, Lléo <llb.moura@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
>> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
>> and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>

>I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
>ago, in fact.
>
>Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
>Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
>here are the full groups:
>
>A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada

Argentina and Chile to advance

>B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica

Mexico and Jamaica

>C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia

USA and Uruguay

>D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica

Brasil and Paraguay

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<utpaag$cp3m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18206&group=rec.sport.soccer#18206

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:37:21 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 13:37 UTC

On 2024-03-24 3:03 a.m., Lléo wrote:
> On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
>> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina,
>> Peru, and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>

> I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
> ago, in fact.
>
> Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
> Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
> here are the full groups:
>
> A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada
At face value, looking quickly, this looks a very tough group for
Kanada, but then when you consider Chile and peru are old teams that are
not doing that well in qualifying, who is to say what happens?

> B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica

Yet this group looks weaker than a CONCACAF group?

> C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia
and so does this one

> D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica
This looks a proper group

> Looking up at Wikipedia, the playoff tree after the first round just
> doesn't seem right. It reads:
>
> A1 vs B2
> B1 vs A2
>
> C1 vs D2
> D1 vs C2
>
> So, that would mean that teams from group A and B can only meet teams
> from groups C and D in the final, not before. If two teams from the same
> group advance from the quarterfinals, they'll necessarily meet in the
> semifinals. And also, that Brasil/Uruguay vs Argentina can only happen
> in the final. It wasn't like that in 2016, so not sure why they decided
> to botch it this time.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lléo

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<uts6vu$16486$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18221&group=rec.sport.soccer#18221

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:58:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:45N810KQT7aQEAPVgeDqtlhgJCA=
 by: Werner Pichler - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:58 UTC

Lléo <llb.moura@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
>> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
>> and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>

> I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
> ago, in fact.
>
> Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
> Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
> here are the full groups:
>
> A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada
> B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica
> C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia
> D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica

Where’s Qatar? >:)

Ciao,
Werner

> Looking up at Wikipedia, the playoff tree after the first round just
> doesn't seem right. It reads:
>
> A1 vs B2
> B1 vs A2
>
> C1 vs D2
> D1 vs C2
>
> So, that would mean that teams from group A and B can only meet teams
> from groups C and D in the final, not before. If two teams from the same
> group advance from the quarterfinals, they'll necessarily meet in the
> semifinals. And also, that Brasil/Uruguay vs Argentina can only happen
> in the final. It wasn't like that in 2016, so not sure why they decided
> to botch it this time.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Lléo

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<uts7il$1c0t$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18225&group=rec.sport.soccer#18225

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:08:53 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 16:08 UTC

In article <uts6vu$16486$1@dont-email.me>,
Werner Pichler <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Lléo <llb.moura@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
>>> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
>>> and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>>

>> I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
>> ago, in fact.
>>
>> Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
>> Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
>> here are the full groups:
>>
>> A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada
>> B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica
>> C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia
>> D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica
>
>Where’s Qatar? >:)

The is CONMEBOL not CONCACAF :-)

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Canada vs Trinidad [R] (also Costa Rica vs Honduras [R])

<utsgvj$18lkl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18227&group=rec.sport.soccer#18227

From: jesus.petry@gmail.com (Jesus Petry)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:49:22 -0300
 by: Jesus Petry - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:49 UTC

On 25/03/2024 12:58, Werner Pichler wrote:
> Lléo <llb.moura@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/03/2024 19:27, MH wrote:
>>> This qualifies us for the Copa America, with a group of Argentina, Peru,
>>> and Chile. We could easily finish last.
>>

>> I had not realised that the groups have already been drawn. Three months
>> ago, in fact.
>>
>> Given that we also had the other playoff tonight (Costa Rica 3-1
>> Honduras), the 16 participants of Copa America are already known. So,
>> here are the full groups:
>>
>> A - Argentina, Peru, Chile, Canada
>> B - Mexico, Ecuador, Venezuela, Jamaica
>> C - United States, Uruguay, Panama, Bolivia
>> D - Brasil, Colombia, Paraguay, Costa Rica
>
> Where’s Qatar? >:)

Well, it was kind of fun when they were in Copa America. Of course I
didn't know at the time, but I was present in the stadium when the
future World Champions had to work hard to beat the future Asian Champions.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Re: Canada vs Trinidad

<utvj38$2d16t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18244&group=rec.sport.soccer#18244

From: rorschak@stofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 23:43:49 +0100
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:43 UTC

On 22/03/2024 17.54, Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-22 11:24 a.m., The Doctor wrote:
>> I hope hope Canada kicks Trinidad s hard that Trinidad goes home
>> crying hard!
>

> I have to admit the Rockingness of CONCACAF is even too much for me, I
> have no idea what this match is for?  I think it may have something to
> do with qualifying for a South American championship, but I am not sure?
>  Might be for an Asian one maybe?  It is all too Rocking for me.
>
> I think Canada is out of the CONCACAF Nations League, I also think the
> final will be between USA and Mexico

A not so rocking final, from what I hear.