On Thanksgiving Day all over America, families sit down to dinner at the same moment -- halftime.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

SubjectAuthor
* Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsFutbolmetrix
`* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsFutbolmetrix
 +* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsThe Doctor
 |`- Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinalsmilivella
 +* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsFutbolmetrix
 |`- Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsJesus Petry
 +* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsWerner Pichler
 |`* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsMark
 | `* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsMark
 |  `* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinalsmilivella
 |   `- Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsFutbolmetrix
 `* Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsMH
  `- Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup QuarterfinalsJesper Lauridsen

1
Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<b5123052037ad84ba9cbbe194d97af8c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18147&group=rec.sport.soccer#18147

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 00:44:29 +0000
 by: Futbolmetrix - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 00:44 UTC

Seeded teams:

1. MH
2. Futbolmetrix
3. The Doctor
4. Werner Pichler

Quarterfinals:
--------------
QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
QF4: The Doctor - milivella

Semifinals round:
------------------
SF1: Winner QF1 - Winner QF2
SF2: Winner QF3 - Winner QF4

RR1: Loser QF1 - Loser QF2
RR2: Loser QF3 - Loser QF4

Final round
-----------
F1: Winner SF1 - Winner SF2

F3a: Loser SF1 - Winner RR2
F3b: Loser SF2 - Winner RR1

F7: Loser RR1 - Loser RR2

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<7eaa001c15d390e93550e79ccb9dede7@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18148&group=rec.sport.soccer#18148

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 00:59:07 +0000
 by: Futbolmetrix - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 00:59 UTC

Futbolmetrix wrote:

European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A (men and women)

What to do
-----------

Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
on its side.

*Home*
- Before Wednesday 2024-03-20, 23:59 GMT
- Pick one team from each of the two matches.

*Away*
- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
teams) and before kickoff of the first match
- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
any team, you have free choice)
- Their opponents will represent your opponent

*ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)

Quarterfinals
-------------

QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2

QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
FC Cincinnati 1 - New York City FC X2
Washington Spirit 1 - Bay FC X2

QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Real Salt Lake X2
San Diego Wave 1 - KC Current X2

QF4: The Doctor - milivella
Sporting Kansas City 1 - LA Galaxy X2
Portland Thorns 1 - Gotham FC X2

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<ut8b2o$1utb$9@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18153&group=rec.sport.soccer#18153

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 03:06:00 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 03:06 UTC

In article <7eaa001c15d390e93550e79ccb9dede7@www.novabbs.com>,
Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
>European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A (men and women)
>

>What to do
>-----------
>
>Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
>remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
>on its side.
>
>*Home*
>- Before Wednesday 2024-03-20, 23:59 GMT
>- Pick one team from each of the two matches.
>
>*Away*
>- After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
>teams) and before kickoff of the first match
>- Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
>any team, you have free choice)
>- Their opponents will represent your opponent
>
>*ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
>his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the team that
>achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
>If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
>player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she will be
>represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her
>two picked teams.. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
>Quarterfinals
>-------------
>
>QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
>New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
>Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2
>

>QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
>FC Cincinnati 1 - New York City FC X2
>Washington Spirit 1 - Bay FC X2
>

>QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
>Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Real Salt Lake X2
>San Diego Wave 1 - KC Current X2
>

>QF4: The Doctor - milivella
>Sporting Kansas City 1 - LA Galaxy X2
>Portland Thorns 1 - Gotham FC X2

LA Galaxy nd Portland!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<16e947bee6876bff76aaa6e3de9c5fc8@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18159&group=rec.sport.soccer#18159

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:06:55 +0000
 by: Futbolmetrix - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:06 UTC

Futbolmetrix wrote:

> QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
> Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Real Salt Lake X2
> San Diego Wave 1 - KC Current X2

Hmm...Wave and Real Salt Lake

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<ut9p6o$8nlo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18160&group=rec.sport.soccer#18160

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:13:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:A9Y2NWtqfpPhhXDBnbhQjkBFkwE=
 by: Werner Pichler - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:13 UTC

Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A (men and women)
>

> What to do
> -----------
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
> remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
> on its side.
>
> *Home*
> - Before Wednesday 2024-03-20, 23:59 GMT
> - Pick one team from each of the two matches.
>
> *Away*
> - After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
> teams) and before kickoff of the first match
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
> any team, you have free choice)
> - Their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> *ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
> his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the team that
> achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
> If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
> player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she will be
> represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two
> picked teams.. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
> Quarterfinals
> -------------
>
> QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
> New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
> Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2
>

> QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
> FC Cincinnati 1 - New York City FC X2
> Washington Spirit 1 - Bay FC X2

1. Cincinnati
2. Bay FC (only the second competitive match in that team’s history, and
already deciding a UPT tie)

Ciao,
Werner

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<ut9suk$9i3s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18162&group=rec.sport.soccer#18162

From: jesus.petry@gmail.com (Jesus Petry)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:17:07 -0300
 by: Jesus Petry - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:17 UTC

On 18/03/2024 12:06, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Futbolmetrix wrote:
>

>> QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
>> Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Real Salt Lake X2
>> San Diego Wave 1 - KC Current X2
>
> Hmm...Wave and Real Salt Lake

The Canucks.

Tchau!
Jesus Petry

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<ut9tfa$9kft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18163&group=rec.sport.soccer#18163

From: MHnospam@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:26:02 -0600
 by: MH - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:26 UTC

On 2024-03-17 18:59, Futbolmetrix wrote:
> Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A (men
> and women)
>

> What to do
> -----------
>
> Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
> remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with the X
> on its side.
>
> *Home*
> - Before Wednesday 2024-03-20, 23:59 GMT
> - Pick one team from each of the two matches.
>
> *Away*
> - After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
> teams) and before kickoff of the first match
> - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't picked
> any team, you have free choice)
> - Their opponents will represent your opponent
>
> *ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team before
> his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the team that
> achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
> If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the away
> player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she will be
> represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her
> two picked teams.. If nobody picks a team, teams are assigned randomly.)
>
> Quarterfinals
> -------------
>
> QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
> New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
> Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2

Fire just had an amazing comeback win, so I will go with them.
Rain is my second choice. Does anyone know if the rumour that "Rain
City Bitch Pigeons" was actually a leading choice for the name for the
Seattle NHL team has any substance to it?

> QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
> FC Cincinnati 1 - New York City FC X2
> Washington Spirit 1 - Bay FC X2
>

> QF3: Futbolmetrix - Jesus Petry
> Vancouver Whitecaps 1 - Real Salt Lake X2
> San Diego Wave 1 - KC Current X2
>

> QF4: The Doctor - milivella
> Sporting Kansas City 1 - LA Galaxy X2
> Portland Thorns 1 - Gotham FC X2

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<uteblq$1e38r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18170&group=rec.sport.soccer#18170

From: Pammiesheart@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:52:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:52 UTC

Werner Pichler wrote:

> Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Futbolmetrix wrote:
> >
> > European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A
> > (men and women)

What's wrong with Uruguay? Penarol are playing Nacional this weekend.
I approve of the NWSL though.

> > What to do
> > -----------
> >
> > Look at the fixtures below: do you play home or away? In any case:
> > remember that it's single-leg, and a draw qualifies the team with
> > the X on its side.

> > - Before Wednesday 2024-03-20, 23:59 GMT
> > - Pick one team from each of the two matches.
> >
> > Away
> > - After Wednesday (or even sooner, if the home player has picked his
> > teams) and before kickoff of the first match
> > - Pick one of the teams not picked by your opponent (if he hasn't
> > picked any team, you have free choice)
> > - Their opponents will represent your opponent
> >
> > *ATTENTION: NEW RULE*: If the away player doesn't pick any team
> > before his/her deadline, the home player will be represented by the
> > team that achieves the best outcome out of his/her two picked teams.
> > If the home player doesn't pick any team before his deadline, the
> > away player can pick two teams (one from each match), and he/she
> > will be represented by the team that achieves the best outcome out
> > of his/her two picked teams.. If nobody picks a team, teams are
> > assigned randomly.)
> >
> > Quarterfinals
> > -------------
> >
> > QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
> > New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
> > Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2
> >

> > QF2: Werner Pichler - Mark
> > FC Cincinnati 1 - New York City FC X2
> > Washington Spirit 1 - Bay FC X2
>

> 1. Cincinnati
> 2. Bay FC (only the second competitive match in that team’s history,
> and already deciding a UPT tie)
>

> Ciao,
> Werner

Washington Spirit

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<utg566$1r988$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18174&group=rec.sport.soccer#18174

From: milivella@gmail.com (milivella)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 03:14:30 +0100
 by: milivella - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 02:14 UTC

The Doctor:

>> QF4: The Doctor - milivella
>> Sporting Kansas City 1 - LA Galaxy X2
>> Portland Thorns 1 - Gotham FC X2
>
> LA Galaxy nd Portland!

So I have to pick between Alberto Sordi and Bruce Wayne...

Sporting Kansas City.

--
Cheers
milivella

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<utjhjd$2r2a2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18179&group=rec.sport.soccer#18179

From: Pammiesheart@yahoo.co.uk (Mark)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:04:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:04 UTC

Mark wrote:

> Werner Pichler wrote:
>
> > Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Futbolmetrix wrote:
> > >
> > > European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A
> > > (men and women)
> > >
> What's wrong with Uruguay? Penarol are playing Nacional this weekend.
> I approve of the NWSL though.

The web-site I read that on seem to have changed their minds about
that. Apparently Nacional are playing Progreso and Penarol aren't
playing. Penarol v Nacional is now on March 29 at 19:00 UTC.

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<utksp7$35e30$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18185&group=rec.sport.soccer#18185

From: rorschak@stofanet.dk (Jesper Lauridsen)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 22:21:41 +0100
 by: Jesper Lauridsen - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:21 UTC

On 18/03/2024 18.26, MH wrote:
> On 2024-03-17 18:59, Futbolmetrix wrote:
>
> European leagues are on international break, so we'll do US of A (men and women)

We could have had Wolfsburg - Bayern, though.

>> QF1: MH - Jesper Lauridsen
>> New England Revolution 1 - Chicago Fire X2
>> Chicago Red Stars 1X - Seattle Reign 2
>
> Fire just had an amazing comeback win, so I will go with them.
> Rain is my second choice.  Does anyone know if the rumour that "Rain
> City Bitch Pigeons" was actually a leading choice for the name for the
> Seattle NHL team has any substance to it?

Crvena Zvezdas.

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<utlevu$39cv3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18187&group=rec.sport.soccer#18187

From: milivella@gmail.com (milivella)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 03:32:29 +0100
 by: milivella - Sat, 23 Mar 2024 02:32 UTC

Mark:

> Mark wrote:
>
>> Werner Pichler wrote:

>> What's wrong with Uruguay? Penarol are playing Nacional this weekend.
>> I approve of the NWSL though.
>
> The web-site I read that on seem to have changed their minds about
> that. Apparently Nacional are playing Progreso and Penarol aren't
> playing. Penarol v Nacional is now on March 29 at 19:00 UTC.

Such confusion is unacceptable. I think this requires the whole season
57 to be cancelled.

Re: Unsophisticated Prediction Tiers Season 57 Cup Quarterfinals

<9bc53514c9571c635f7040f4d45bf159@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18208&group=rec.sport.soccer#18208

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:18:22 +0000
 by: Futbolmetrix - Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:18 UTC

milivella wrote:

> Such confusion is unacceptable. I think this requires the whole season
> 57 to be cancelled.

Uruguay would not have been considered for the Cup games anyway, so this is irrelevant. Also, why would you want to cancel the whole of season 57 now that you have a strong chance of winning your second double wooden spoon?

Cup QFs results
1. MH 1-2 Jesper Lauridsen (Seattle Reign 2-Chicago Red Stars 1X)
4. Werner Pichler 1-2 Mark (Bay FC X2-Washington Spirit 1)

2. Futbolmetrix 2-1 Jesus Petry (Real Salt lake X2-Vancouver Whitecaps 1)
3. The Doctor 3-2 milivella (LA Galaxy X2-Sporting Kansas City 1)

Upsets in the top half of the draw, seeded teams advance in the bottom half.

Semifinals and repechage round to be announced shortly.