A gambler's biggest thrill is winning a bet. His next biggest thrill is losing a bet.

sport / rec.sport.soccer / Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

SubjectAuthor
* EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
`* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin
 `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
  `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
   `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
    +* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin
    |`- Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
    `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin
     `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
      `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
       `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
        +- Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
        `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin
         `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
          +* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
          |`* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersBinder Dundat
          | `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersFutbolmetrix
          |  `- Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersWerner Pichler
          `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin
           `* Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersMH
            `- Re: EURO 24 play off QualifiersReal_Mardin

1
EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<ut03la$1tmip$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18094&group=rec.sport.soccer#18094

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 20:10:15 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 00:10 UTC

This next international break is not just for fun friendlies, there are
still some teams in Europe that have not qualified for Euro 24. If I am
not mistake I think 48 countries now qualify, which is essentially all
of Europe, hell they are even adding Asian teams now to the tournament,
cus there just are not enough teams in the tournament.

I dont know how these teams made it to this qualifying stage, I think it
has something to do with Nations leagues and qualifying groups and being
nice to your parents. Anyhow these matches are for the final 3
countries. I think?

Path A

Semi-finals
Poland vs Estonia
Wales vs Finland
Final
Wales or Finland vs Poland or Estonia

Path B

Semi-finals
Israel vs Iceland
Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine
Final
Bosnia and Herzegovina or Ukraine vs Israel or Iceland

Path C

Semi-finals
Georgia vs Luxembourg
Greece vs Kazakhstan
Final
Georgia or Luxembourg vs Greece or Kazakhstan

If you ask me the friendlies Germany are playing look more interesting
than these matches. They play France and the Dutch.

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<5f67f96d437e4922c7a71578520cc6a5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18177&group=rec.sport.soccer#18177

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Subject: Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:53:46 +0000
 by: Real_Mardin - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:53 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> This next international break is not just for fun friendlies, there are
> still some teams in Europe that have not qualified for Euro 24. If I am
> not mistake I think 48 countries now qualify, which is essentially all
> of Europe, hell they are even adding Asian teams now to the tournament,
> cus there just are not enough teams in the tournament.

> I dont know how these teams made it to this qualifying stage, I think it
> has something to do with Nations leagues and qualifying groups and being
> nice to your parents. Anyhow these matches are for the final 3
> countries. I think?

> Path A

> Semi-finals
> Poland vs Estonia
> Wales vs Finland
> Final
> Wales or Finland vs Poland or Estonia

> Path B

> Semi-finals
> Israel vs Iceland
> Bosnia and Herzegovina vs Ukraine
> Final
> Bosnia and Herzegovina or Ukraine vs Israel or Iceland

> Path C

> Semi-finals
> Georgia vs Luxembourg
> Greece vs Kazakhstan
> Final
> Georgia or Luxembourg vs Greece or Kazakhstan

> If you ask me the friendlies Germany are playing look more interesting
> than these matches. They play France and the Dutch.

These playoff matches have a definite Euro Crotto feel to them.

RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utieu2$2g00h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18178&group=rec.sport.soccer#18178

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 19:13:07 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:13 UTC

On 2024-03-21 2:53 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
> Binder Dundat wrote:
>
>> This next international break is not just for fun friendlies, there
>> are still some teams in Europe that have not qualified for Euro 24.
>> If I am not mistake I think 48 countries now qualify, which is
>> essentially all of Europe, hell they are even adding Asian teams now
>> to the tournament, cus there just are not enough teams in the tournament.
>
>> I dont know how these teams made it to this qualifying stage, I think
>> it has something to do with Nations leagues and qualifying groups and
>> being nice to your parents.  Anyhow these matches are for the final 3
>> countries. I think?
>

>> Path A
>
>> Semi-finals
>> Poland      vs     Estonia
>> Wales      vs Finland
>> Final
>> Wales or Finland     vs     Poland or Estonia

In the end my Polski Ogorski mistress is happy, not that she cares that
much about football. Wales v Polski

>> Path B
>
>> Semi-finals
>> Israel  vs      Iceland
>> Bosnia and Herzegovina      vs Ukraine
>> Final
>> Bosnia and Herzegovina or Ukraine     vs     Israel or Iceland
I felt sorry for Ukrania yet happy that Israel do not go through. Yet i
will be attacked for that. Israel has no Business in the sporting world,
just as Russia and really, I dont want them in UEFA.

>> Path C
>
>> Semi-finals
>> Georgia      vs      Luxembourg
>> Greece      vs      Kazakhstan
>> Final
>> Georgia or Luxembourg     vs    Greece or Kazakhstan

Luxumburgo was the Cinderella team, but the reality is they are a 4th
tier team.

I am happy for the Greeks

>> If you ask me the friendlies Germany are playing look more interesting
>> than these matches.  They play France and the Dutch.

The match was not even on tonight!

> These playoff matches have a definite Euro Crotto feel to them.
>

> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utjpr9$2sr68$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18181&group=rec.sport.soccer#18181

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 07:25:30 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:25 UTC

Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and is
through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and goals
scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland

Winners go through

TBA
Wales vs Poland

1:00pm
Georgia vs Greece

3:45pm
Ukraine vs Iceland

On 2024-03-21 7:13 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-21 2:53 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
>> Binder Dundat wrote:
>>
>>> This next international break is not just for fun friendlies, there
>>> are still some teams in Europe that have not qualified for Euro 24.
>>> If I am not mistake I think 48 countries now qualify, which is
>>> essentially all of Europe, hell they are even adding Asian teams now
>>> to the tournament, cus there just are not enough teams in the
>>> tournament.
>>
>>> I dont know how these teams made it to this qualifying stage, I think
>>> it has something to do with Nations leagues and qualifying groups and
>>> being nice to your parents.  Anyhow these matches are for the final 3
>>> countries. I think?
>>

>>> Path A
>>
>>> Semi-finals
>>> Poland      vs     Estonia
>>> Wales      vs Finland
>>> Final
>>> Wales or Finland     vs     Poland or Estonia
>
> In the end my Polski Ogorski mistress is happy, not that she cares that
> much about football.  Wales v Polski
>>
>>> Path B
>>
>>> Semi-finals
>>> Israel  vs      Iceland
>>> Bosnia and Herzegovina      vs Ukraine
>>> Final
>>> Bosnia and Herzegovina or Ukraine     vs     Israel or Iceland
> I felt sorry for Ukrania yet happy that Israel do not go through.  Yet i
> will be attacked for that. Israel has no Business in the sporting world,
> just as Russia and really, I dont want them in UEFA.
>>
>>> Path C
>>
>>> Semi-finals
>>> Georgia      vs      Luxembourg
>>> Greece      vs      Kazakhstan
>>> Final
>>> Georgia or Luxembourg     vs    Greece or Kazakhstan
>
> Luxumburgo was the Cinderella team, but the reality is they are a 4th
> tier team.
>

> I am happy for the Greeks
>>
>>> If you ask me the friendlies Germany are playing look more
>>> interesting than these matches.  They play France and the Dutch.
>
> The match was not even on tonight!
>

>> These playoff matches have a definite Euro Crotto feel to them.
>>

>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utv80l$2afqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18231&group=rec.sport.soccer#18231

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:34:49 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:34 UTC

On 2024-03-22 7:25 a.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and is
> through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and goals
> scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland
>
>  Winners go through
>

> TBA
>     Wales vs Poland
>
> 1:00pm
>     Georgia vs Greece

Georgia on my Mind, going to PKs

> 3:45pm
>     Ukraine vs Iceland
>
> On 2024-03-21 7:13 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:

>> In the end my Polski Ogorski mistress is happy, not that she cares
>> that much about football.  Wales v Polski

>> I felt sorry for Ukrania yet happy that Israel do not go through.  Yet
>> i will be attacked for that. Israel has no Business in the sporting
>> world, just as Russia and really, I dont want them in UEFA.

>> Luxumburgo was the Cinderella team, but the reality is they are a 4th
>> tier team.
>>

>> I am happy for the Greeks

>> The match was not even on tonight!
>>

>>> These playoff matches have a definite Euro Crotto feel to them.
>>>

>>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<07a6cfb7caa83f1b0196411603445e8c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18232&group=rec.sport.soccer#18232

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:49:13 +0000
 by: Real_Mardin - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:49 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> On 2024-03-22 7:25 a.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>> Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and is
>> through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and goals
>> scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland
>>
>>  Winners go through
>>

>> TBA
>>     Wales vs Poland
>>
>> 1:00pm
>>     Georgia vs Greece

> Georgia on my Mind, going to PKs

So I watch extra time on Viaplay, the match goes to penalties. Then ticker tape across the bottom of the screen: To continue watching Georgia - Greece switch to the Viaplay Player (the match had overrun into the slot reserved for Wales - Poland).

I load up the Viaplay Player and select Georgia - Greece in anticipation of the penalty shootout...........and they're showing the build up to Wales - Poland instead!

Why do I pay Viaplay good money? WHY?!?!

Anyway, Georgia won on penalties. So no Turkey - Greece showdown at Euro 2024. And lots of people who speculated on Turkey v Play Off Winner C tickets because they thought they might make money from it being Turkey - Greece probably just lost some money.

RM

>> 3:45pm
>>     Ukraine vs Iceland

>>> In the end my Polski Ogorski mistress is happy, not that she cares
>>> that much about football.  Wales v Polski

>>> I felt sorry for Ukrania yet happy that Israel do not go through.  Yet
>>> i will be attacked for that. Israel has no Business in the sporting
>>> world, just as Russia and really, I dont want them in UEFA.

>>> Luxumburgo was the Cinderella team, but the reality is they are a 4th
>>> tier team.
>>>

>>> I am happy for the Greeks

>>> The match was not even on tonight!

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<8e82a4516c1b7a3d01cf1164f166a408@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18233&group=rec.sport.soccer#18233

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:52:23 +0000
 by: Real_Mardin - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:52 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> On 2024-03-22 7:25 a.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>> Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and is
>> through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and goals
>> scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland
>>
>>  Winners go through
>>

>> TBA
>>     Wales vs Poland

If this turns out to be rubbish just bear in mind these were the two worst UEFA teams in World Cup 2022.

This is the Eurocrotto final.

RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utv9kb$2as13$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18234&group=rec.sport.soccer#18234

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:02:23 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:02 UTC

On 2024-03-26 3:49 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
> Binder Dundat wrote:
>
>> On 2024-03-22 7:25 a.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>>> Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and
>>> is through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and
>>> goals scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland
>>>
>>>   Winners go through
>>>

>>> TBA
>>>      Wales vs Poland
>>>
>>> 1:00pm
>>>      Georgia vs Greece
>

>> Georgia on my Mind, going to PKs
>

> So I watch extra time on Viaplay, the match goes to penalties. Then
> ticker tape across the bottom of the screen: To continue watching
> Georgia - Greece switch to the Viaplay Player (the match had overrun
> into the slot reserved for Wales - Poland).
>
> I load up the Viaplay Player and select Georgia - Greece in anticipation
> of the penalty shootout...........and they're showing the build up to
> Wales - Poland instead!
> Why do I pay Viaplay good money? WHY?!?!

So that is what happened. I had to switch to FS2. Terrible penals.

> Anyway, Georgia won on penalties. So no Turkey - Greece showdown at Euro
> 2024. And lots of people who speculated on Turkey v Play Off Winner C
> tickets because they thought they might make money from it being Turkey
> - Greece probably just lost some money.
>

> RM
>

>>> 3:45pm
>>>      Ukraine vs Iceland

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utva5e$2as13$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18235&group=rec.sport.soccer#18235

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:11:30 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:11 UTC

On 2024-03-26 3:52 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
> Binder Dundat wrote:
>
>> On 2024-03-22 7:25 a.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
>>> Some late goals, two of which changed things, Ukrania comes back and
>>> is through to the final round. If you look at it from the scores and
>>> goals scored, the hottest teams are Poland, Greece, Wales and Iceland
>>>
>>>   Winners go through
>>>

>>> TBA
>>>      Wales vs Poland
>

> If this turns out to be rubbish just bear in mind these were the two
> worst UEFA teams in World Cup 2022.
> This is the Eurocrotto final.

It is kinda bad, I am gonna forgo watching until the 0-0 at full time
and switch to #GERNED, it is already 1-1.

> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utvbq5$2bc3q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18236&group=rec.sport.soccer#18236

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:39:37 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:39 UTC

On 2024-03-26 4:11 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 3:52 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
>> Binder Dundat wrote:

>> If this turns out to be rubbish just bear in mind these were the two
>> worst UEFA teams in World Cup 2022.
>> This is the Eurocrotto final.

It is 0-0 at the half, of course. I did actually switch over to #GERNED,
probably should have switched to #ENGBEL

Iceland leading Ukrania 1-0 HT in wherever Ukrania are playing home matches.

> It is kinda bad, I am gonna forgo watching until the 0-0 at full time
> and switch to #GERNED, it is already 1-1.
>

>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utveni$2c41k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18237&group=rec.sport.soccer#18237

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:29:25 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 21:29 UTC

On 2024-03-26 4:39 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 4:11 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:

>>> If this turns out to be rubbish just bear in mind these were the two
>>> worst UEFA teams in World Cup 2022.
>>> This is the Eurocrotto final.
>
> It is 0-0 at the half, of course. I did actually switch over to #GERNED,
> probably should have switched to #ENGBEL
>
> Iceland leading Ukrania 1-0 HT in wherever Ukrania are playing home
> matches.

They are playing in Poland and have come back and lead 2-1 with 10 mins
left. Still 0-0 in Wales

Meanwhile we are Projecting Austria to win EURO 24

>> It is kinda bad, I am gonna forgo watching until the 0-0 at full time
>> and switch to #GERNED, it is already 1-1.
>>

>>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utvfbb$2c41k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18238&group=rec.sport.soccer#18238

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:39:58 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 21:39 UTC

ANd Ukrania are through to EURO 24, we like these kinda stories. Of
course 0-0 between Wales and Poland.

Meanwhile Germany actually win? If this German team is beating the
likes of France and Holland, then this cup is anyones.

On 2024-03-26 5:29 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 4:39 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:

>> It is 0-0 at the half, of course. I did actually switch over to
>> #GERNED, probably should have switched to #ENGBEL
>>
>> Iceland leading Ukrania 1-0 HT in wherever Ukrania are playing home
>> matches.
>
> They are playing in Poland and have come back and lead 2-1 with 10 mins
> left.  Still 0-0 in Wales
>
> Meanwhile we are Projecting Austria to win EURO 24
>

>>> It is kinda bad, I am gonna forgo watching until the 0-0 at full time
>>> and switch to #GERNED, it is already 1-1.

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<15faff0a80f00f757a505e936637f970@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18239&group=rec.sport.soccer#18239

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 21:46:07 +0000
 by: Real_Mardin - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 21:46 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> On 2024-03-26 4:39 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:

>> It is 0-0 at the half, of course. I did actually switch over to #GERNED,
>> probably should have switched to #ENGBEL
>>
>> Iceland leading Ukrania 1-0 HT in wherever Ukrania are playing home
>> matches.

> They are playing in Poland and have come back and lead 2-1 with 10 mins
> left. Still 0-0 in Wales

FT Wales 0 - Poland 0.

I told you this was Eurocrotto!

Only thing I would say is where is VAR when you need it? Wales with a level looking goal before half time and a clear push on Moore in the penalty area in injury time but no reviews? Yet in so many other games they fall over themselves to rule out a goal because someoene's toenail was marginally offside.

> Meanwhile we are Projecting Austria to win EURO 24

lol just seen the result, 6-1! Congratulations Werner!

RM

>>> It is kinda bad, I am gonna forgo watching until the 0-0 at full time
>>> and switch to #GERNED, it is already 1-1.

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18240&group=rec.sport.soccer#18240

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 18:01:46 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:01 UTC

On 2024-03-26 5:46 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
> Binder Dundat wrote:

>>> It is 0-0 at the half, of course. I did actually switch over to
>>> #GERNED, probably should have switched to #ENGBEL
>>>
>>> Iceland leading Ukrania 1-0 HT in wherever Ukrania are playing home
>>> matches.
>
>> They are playing in Poland and have come back and lead 2-1 with 10
>> mins left.  Still 0-0 in Wales
>

> FT Wales 0 - Poland 0.
>
> I told you this was Eurocrotto!

Still 0-0. Niether team look like scoring. You would think with
Lewandowski, that Poland have the advantage, but this looks like it is
going to PENALS

15 mins left

> Only thing I would say is where is VAR when you need it? Wales with a
> level looking goal before half time and a clear push on Moore in the
> penalty area in injury time but no reviews? Yet in so many other games
> they fall over themselves to rule out a goal because someoene's toenail
> was marginally offside.
>
>> Meanwhile we are Projecting Austria to win EURO 24
>
> lol just seen the result, 6-1! Congratulations Werner!
>

> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utvhlv$2covh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18241&group=rec.sport.soccer#18241

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 18:19:47 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:19 UTC

On 2024-03-26 6:01 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 5:46 p.m., Real_Mardin wrote:
>> Binder Dundat wrote:

>>> They are playing in Poland and have come back and lead 2-1 with 10
>>> mins left.  Still 0-0 in Wales
>>

>> FT Wales 0 - Poland 0.
>>
>> I told you this was Eurocrotto!
>
> Still 0-0.  Niether team look like scoring.  You would think with
> Lewandowski, that Poland have the advantage, but this looks like it is
> going to PENALS
>
> 15 mins left

0-0 going to Penals. We are Projecting a maximum of 68% of PKs will be
converted.

>> Only thing I would say is where is VAR when you need it? Wales with a
>> level looking goal before half time and a clear push on Moore in the
>> penalty area in injury time but no reviews? Yet in so many other games
>> they fall over themselves to rule out a goal because someoene's
>> toenail was marginally offside.
>>
>>> Meanwhile we are Projecting Austria to win EURO 24
>>
>> lol just seen the result, 6-1! Congratulations Werner!
>>

>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<utvidu$2cuen$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18242&group=rec.sport.soccer#18242

From: dundat@mail.com (Binder Dundat)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 18:32:34 -0400
 by: Binder Dundat - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:32 UTC

On 2024-03-26 6:19 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:
> On 2024-03-26 6:01 p.m., Binder Dundat wrote:

>>> FT Wales 0 - Poland 0.
>>>
>>> I told you this was Eurocrotto!
>>
>> Still 0-0.  Niether team look like scoring.  You would think with
>> Lewandowski, that Poland have the advantage, but this looks like it is
>> going to PENALS
>>
>> 15 mins left
>
> 0-0 going to Penals.  We are Projecting a maximum of 68% of PKs will be
> converted.

And this just proves that Xg and all those stupid stats they use today
mean nothing.

90% of PK were converted and Poland join Ukrania and Georigia.

>>> Only thing I would say is where is VAR when you need it? Wales with a
>>> level looking goal before half time and a clear push on Moore in the
>>> penalty area in injury time but no reviews? Yet in so many other
>>> games they fall over themselves to rule out a goal because someoene's
>>> toenail was marginally offside.

>>> lol just seen the result, 6-1! Congratulations Werner!
>>>

>>> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<63fec5a1abb0628ee3fa1ee0a986475f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18243&group=rec.sport.soccer#18243

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:35:57 +0000
References: <ut03la$1tmip$1@dont-email.me> <5f67f96d437e4922c7a71578520cc6a5@www.novabbs.com> <utieu2$2g00h$1@dont-email.me> <utjpr9$2sr68$1@dont-email.me> <utv80l$2afqd$1@dont-email.me> <8e82a4516c1b7a3d01cf1164f166a408@www.novabbs.com> <utva5e$2as13$2@dont-email.me> <utvbq5$2bc3q$1@dont-email.me> <utveni$2c41k$1@dont-email.me> <15faff0a80f00f757a505e936637f970@www.novabbs.com> <utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Real_Mardin - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 22:35 UTC

Poland win 5-4 on penalties.

I thought Wales were marginally better on the night, but who are we kidding, had they got through they don't have the quality to have made an impact at the Euros.

Mind you, neither do Poland!

Which really underlines the point - if the playoffs are sending the likes of Georgia and Poland through is the Euros too big a tournament? Will they really add quality? Was it better as a 16 team tournament?

RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<24e7535c0b9f30854a9683881e6b2a69@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18248&group=rec.sport.soccer#18248

From: futbolmetrix@yahoo.com (Futbolmetrix)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:40:51 +0000
References: <ut03la$1tmip$1@dont-email.me> <5f67f96d437e4922c7a71578520cc6a5@www.novabbs.com> <utieu2$2g00h$1@dont-email.me> <utjpr9$2sr68$1@dont-email.me> <utv80l$2afqd$1@dont-email.me> <8e82a4516c1b7a3d01cf1164f166a408@www.novabbs.com> <utva5e$2as13$2@dont-email.me> <utvbq5$2bc3q$1@dont-email.me> <utveni$2c41k$1@dont-email.me> <15faff0a80f00f757a505e936637f970@www.novabbs.com> <utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me> <utvhlv$2covh$1@dont-email.me> <utvidu$2cuen$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Futbolmetrix - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:40 UTC

Binder Dundat wrote:

> 90% of PK were converted and Poland join Ukrania and Georigia.

Good that we will get to see some interesting talent at the Euros like Kvaratskhelia, as well as old fox Lewandowski. Too bad that we will miss out on Albert Gudmnundsson, who is proving to be one of the most interesting talents in Serie A this year (26 years old so not super young, but still interesting)

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<uu1cmr$2tic4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18249&group=rec.sport.soccer#18249

From: MHnospam@ucalgary.ca (MH)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:07:06 -0600
<utieu2$2g00h$1@dont-email.me> <utjpr9$2sr68$1@dont-email.me>
<utv80l$2afqd$1@dont-email.me>
<8e82a4516c1b7a3d01cf1164f166a408@www.novabbs.com>
<utva5e$2as13$2@dont-email.me> <utvbq5$2bc3q$1@dont-email.me>
<utveni$2c41k$1@dont-email.me>
<15faff0a80f00f757a505e936637f970@www.novabbs.com>
<utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me>
<63fec5a1abb0628ee3fa1ee0a986475f@www.novabbs.com>
 by: MH - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 15:07 UTC

On 2024-03-26 16:35, Real_Mardin wrote:
> Poland win 5-4 on penalties.
>
> I thought Wales were marginally better on the night, but who are we
> kidding, had they got through they don't have the quality to have made
> an impact at the Euros.
>
> Mind you, neither do Poland!
> Which really underlines the point - if the playoffs are sending the
> likes of Georgia and Poland through is the Euros too big a tournament?
> Will they really add quality? Was it better as a 16 team tournament?

Possibly yes. But don't forget:

2016:

Albania 1-0 Romania
Wales 2-1 Slovakia
Russia 0-3 Wales
N. Ireland 2-0 Ukraine
Italy 0-1 Republic of Ireland
Portugal 1-1 Iceland
Iceland 1-1 Hungary
Iceland 2-1 Austria
Wales 3-1 Belgium
Iceland 2-1 England

2020

Wales 2-1 Turkey
Wales 1-1 Switzerland
Denmark 0-1 Finland
Spain 1-1 Poland
Hungary 1-1 France
Hungary 2-2 Germany
Switzerland 3-3 France (win on pens

And half the quarter finalists not being who many would have picked
before the tournament.

If history has shown anything at all, it is that we at RSS are not
particularly good at identifying eurocrotti before the fact, or even at
deciding who is the most crotto of them all.

> RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<2a7c5960aa8e5b5f26e047fc1c8122f5@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18250&group=rec.sport.soccer#18250

From: realmardinrss@proton.me (Real_Mardin)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:21:37 +0000
References: <ut03la$1tmip$1@dont-email.me> <5f67f96d437e4922c7a71578520cc6a5@www.novabbs.com> <utieu2$2g00h$1@dont-email.me> <utjpr9$2sr68$1@dont-email.me> <utv80l$2afqd$1@dont-email.me> <8e82a4516c1b7a3d01cf1164f166a408@www.novabbs.com> <utva5e$2as13$2@dont-email.me> <utvbq5$2bc3q$1@dont-email.me> <utveni$2c41k$1@dont-email.me> <15faff0a80f00f757a505e936637f970@www.novabbs.com> <utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me> <63fec5a1abb0628ee3fa1ee0a986475f@www.novabbs.com> <uu1cmr$2tic4$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Real_Mardin - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:21 UTC

MH wrote:

> On 2024-03-26 16:35, Real_Mardin wrote:
>> Poland win 5-4 on penalties.
>>
>> I thought Wales were marginally better on the night, but who are we
>> kidding, had they got through they don't have the quality to have made
>> an impact at the Euros.
>>
>> Mind you, neither do Poland!
>> Which really underlines the point - if the playoffs are sending the
>> likes of Georgia and Poland through is the Euros too big a tournament?
>> Will they really add quality? Was it better as a 16 team tournament?

> Possibly yes. But don't forget:

> 2016:

> Albania 1-0 Romania
> Wales 2-1 Slovakia
> Russia 0-3 Wales
> N. Ireland 2-0 Ukraine
> Italy 0-1 Republic of Ireland
> Portugal 1-1 Iceland
> Iceland 1-1 Hungary
> Iceland 2-1 Austria
> Wales 3-1 Belgium
> Iceland 2-1 England

> 2020

> Wales 2-1 Turkey
> Wales 1-1 Switzerland
> Denmark 0-1 Finland
> Spain 1-1 Poland
> Hungary 1-1 France
> Hungary 2-2 Germany
> Switzerland 3-3 France (win on pens

> And half the quarter finalists not being who many would have picked
> before the tournament.

> If history has shown anything at all, it is that we at RSS are not
> particularly good at identifying eurocrotti before the fact, or even at
> deciding who is the most crotto of them all.

Good point.

In light of that, we are now projecting Georgia to win Euro 2024!

RM

Re: EURO 24 play off Qualifiers

<uu1qbb$30t7h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=18251&group=rec.sport.soccer#18251

From: no_email@invalid.invalid (Werner Pichler)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.soccer
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:59:55 -0000 (UTC)
<utvgk6$2cgh9$1@dont-email.me>
<utvhlv$2covh$1@dont-email.me>
<utvidu$2cuen$1@dont-email.me>
<24e7535c0b9f30854a9683881e6b2a69@www.novabbs.com>
sha1:YdTCeFb+5BAeUQFQi/BtwHjafqI=
 by: Werner Pichler - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 18:59 UTC

Futbolmetrix <futbolmetrix@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Binder Dundat wrote:
>
>> 90% of PK were converted and Poland join Ukrania and Georigia.
>
> Good that we will get to see some interesting talent at the Euros like
> Kvaratskhelia, as well as old fox Lewandowski. Too bad that we will miss
> out on Albert Gudmnundsson, who is proving to be one of the most
> interesting talents in Serie A this year (26 years old so not super
> young, but still interesting)

Well, at least instead of 26-year-old Guðmundsson we now get 26-year old
Dovbyk who plays a similar role in La Liga.

Ciao,
Werner