From: fleemos@fifan.com (fleemos876)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Don't remember seeing this happen before
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 16:02:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: fleemos876 - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 16:02 UTC

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1683143232073375744

The look on their faces lmao

Re: Don't remember seeing this happen before - Spoiler

<GTfvM.154000$TPw2.131727@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=20881&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#20881

Subject: Re: Don't remember seeing this happen before - Spoiler
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 13:15:34 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 20:15 UTC

On 7/23/23 09:02, fleemos876 wrote:
> https://twitter.com/F1/status/1683143232073375744
>
> The look on their faces lmao

Ohhh Man!
Lando, that was really a KLUTSISH move!

from
https://www.reuters.com/sports/motor-sports/verstappens-trophy-smashed-after-red-bull-break-f1-record-2023-07-23/

Verstappen's trophy smashed after Red Bull break F1 record
Reuters

July 23, 20239:54 AM PDTUpdated 3 hours ago

[1/2]Formula One F1 - Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, Budapest,
Hungary - July 23, 2023 Red Bull's Max Verstappen celebrates on the
podium with the trophy after winning the Hungarian Grand Prix
REUTERS/Bernadett Szabo

BUDAPEST, July 23 (Reuters) - Max Verstappen was left with a broken
trophy after Red Bull smashed a Formula One record at the Hungarian
Grand Prix on Sunday.

Red Bull's double world champion put the porcelain winner's trophy down
while preparing to spray the champagne but McLaren's Lando Norris sent
it tumbling off the top step when he bashed the ground to open his bottle.

Verstappen left, smiling, with the broken pink pot tucked under his arm.

00:02

02:04
"Sorry Max," McLaren said on their Twitter feed.

"We're gonna need some glue," Red Bull replied, after a post declaring
'Record broken. Trophy broken" with a tick and embarrassed emoji.

"We can't take you anywhere. Glad to have you up there with us though."

Norris, who finished second, and Verstappen are good friends and they
could joke about the trophy in the post-race press conference.

"I'm not sure," said Norris bashfully when asked what happened, to
laughter and despite the evidence being seen by millions around the world.

"Max just placed it too close to the edge. It fell over I guess. Not my
problem, it's his."

Red Bull's 12th win in a row beat McLaren's 1988 run of 11 successive
wins. The victory was also Verstappen's seventh in a row and ninth in 11
races this season, sending him 110 points clear of team mate and
third-placed Sergio Perez.

Reporting by Alan Baldwin in London, editing by Toby Davis
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Read Next

Hungarian Grand Prix
Motor racing
Verstappen has Hamilton's number but probably not for long
Hungarian Grand Prix
Motor racing
Horner hails Perez for 'don't write me off' drive
Hungarian Grand Prix
Motor racing
Red Bull like an F1 car in an F2 race, says Mercedes' Wolff
Hungarian Grand Prix
Motor racing
Verstappen wins in Hungary as Red Bull make F1 history

Re: Don't remember seeing this happen before - Spoiler

<lUgvM.143518$GMN3.69594@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=20882&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#20882

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 14:24:33 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 21:24 UTC

On 7/23/23 13:15, a425couple wrote:
> On 7/23/23 09:02, fleemos876 wrote:
>> https://twitter.com/F1/status/1683143232073375744
>>
>> The look on their faces lmao
>
> Ohhh Man!
> Lando, that was really a KLUTSISH move!
>
> from
> https://www.reuters.com/sports/motor-sports/verstappens-trophy-smashed-after-red-bull-break-f1-record-2023-07-23/
>
> Verstappen's trophy smashed after Red Bull break F1 record
> Reuters

Sports Illustrated
F1 News: Lando Norris Smashed Max Verstappen's Hungarian GP Trophy In

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/38058399/norris-damages-verstappen-hungarian-gp-trophy-podium-celebration

Lando Norris breaks Max Verstappen's trophy at the ...
SB Nation
4 hours ago — Red Bull made Formula 1 history on Sunday when Max
Verstappen claimed yet another win in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Lando Norris smashes up Max Verstappen's Hungarian ...
Mirror
6 hours ago — Max Verstappen spent only a few seconds in possession of
his trophy for winning the Hungarian Grand Prix before it was
accidentally smashed ...

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/12926175/you-said-it-was-my-fault-max-verstappen-questions-lando-norris-after-trophy-smash

Re: Don't remember seeing this happen before - Spoiler

<NrWcnUCzc9NeYyD5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=20883&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#20883

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 16:32:03 +1200
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:32 UTC

On 24/07/2023 9:24 am, a425couple wrote:
> On 7/23/23 13:15, a425couple wrote:
>> On 7/23/23 09:02, fleemos876 wrote:
>>> https://twitter.com/F1/status/1683143232073375744
>>>
>>> The look on their faces lmao
>>
>> Ohhh Man!
>> Lando, that was really a KLUTSISH move!
>>
>> from
>> https://www.reuters.com/sports/motor-sports/verstappens-trophy-smashed-after-red-bull-break-f1-record-2023-07-23/
>>
>> Verstappen's trophy smashed after Red Bull break F1 record
>> Reuters
>>

> Sports Illustrated
> F1 News: Lando Norris Smashed Max Verstappen's Hungarian GP Trophy In
>
> https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/38058399/norris-damages-verstappen-hungarian-gp-trophy-podium-celebration
>

> Lando Norris breaks Max Verstappen's trophy at the ...
> SB Nation
> 4 hours ago — Red Bull made Formula 1 history on Sunday when Max
> Verstappen claimed yet another win in the Hungarian Grand Prix.
>

> Lando Norris smashes up Max Verstappen's Hungarian ...
> Mirror
> 6 hours ago — Max Verstappen spent only a few seconds in possession of
> his trophy for winning the Hungarian Grand Prix before it was
> accidentally smashed ...
>
> https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/12926175/you-said-it-was-my-fault-max-verstappen-questions-lando-norris-after-trophy-smash

Typical newspaper headlines, often which people never actually read past.

From the headlines you could be forgiven for getting the impression
that ROS deliberated and directly smashed up VER's trophy.

A dumb and clumsy move for sure, just to get some extra shower-power.

geoff