Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits -
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:21:53 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 17:21 UTC

Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits -
The key is bottom line - " It's pretty clear they just need to
make a better circuit."

from
https://racingnews365.com/russell-makes-simple-suggestion-to-combat-track-limits

Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits
Today, 08:05
0 comments
Track limits have come under the spotlight once again in Formula 1 after
the Qatar Grand Prix.

https://racingnews365.com/russell-makes-simple-suggestion-to-combat-track-limits
Russell Qatar
ARTICLE
TO NEWS OVERVIEW
© Mercedes F1
George Russell has suggested a "simple" solution to combat the growing
problem with track limits at certain circuits in Formula 1.

There was a total of 51 lap times deleted throughout the Qatar Grand
Prix, with only Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz, and Lewis Hamilton not
falling foul - the latter two having retired either before or in the
opening stages of the race.

Drivers mainly blamed the sweltering conditions in their cockpits at
Qatar, which Valtteri Bottas branded as "torture" and several others
criticised as being at the limit.

This was created by the mix of harsher track limits and mandated stint
lengths due to safety concerns with the Pirelli tyres, forcing drivers
to effectively produce qualifying laps without any respite between stints.

It is not the first time track limits has come under the spotlight this
season, after the Austrian GP saw 83 lap times deleted and a final order
published several hours after the race.

VIEWED BY OTHERS:
Leclerc Qatar
F1 NEWS
FIA President warns circuits could lose F1 races over track limits
Russell Qatar
MERCEDES
Mercedes point to major improvement for Qatar GP future
Russell: We need better circuits
Sergio Perez called the track limits penalties a "joke" while FIA
President Mohammed Ben Sulayem has suggested that circuits could lose
their spot on the calendar if they do not find a solution.

When asked what solutions he would introduce, Russell told media
including RacingNews365: "It's quite simple design tracks that don't
allow you to go over track limits.

"We don't have the problem at Suzuka, I don't think we really have a
problem at Silverstone, which is also high speed.

"But it's just a handful of circuits that we have it always. It's pretty
clear they just need to make a better circuit."

Re: Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits -

<ugc0jt$2n24e$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21707&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21707

From: News@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:00:29 -0400
 by: News - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 18:00 UTC

On 10/13/2023 1:21 PM, a425couple wrote:
> Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits -
> The key is bottom line - " It's pretty clear they just need to
> make a better circuit."
>

> from
> https://racingnews365.com/russell-makes-simple-suggestion-to-combat-track-limits
>
> Russell makes 'simple' suggestion to combat track limits
> Today, 08:05
> 0 comments
> Track limits have come under the spotlight once again in Formula 1 after
> the Qatar Grand Prix.
>

> https://racingnews365.com/russell-makes-simple-suggestion-to-combat-track-limits
> Russell Qatar
> ARTICLE
> TO NEWS OVERVIEW
> © Mercedes F1
> George Russell has suggested a "simple" solution to combat the growing
> problem with track limits at certain circuits in Formula 1.
>
> There was a total of 51 lap times deleted throughout the Qatar Grand
> Prix, with only Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz, and Lewis Hamilton not
> falling foul - the latter two having retired either before or in the
> opening stages of the race.
>
> Drivers mainly blamed the sweltering conditions in their cockpits at
> Qatar, which Valtteri Bottas branded as "torture" and several others
> criticised as being at the limit.
>
> This was created by the mix of harsher track limits and mandated stint
> lengths due to safety concerns with the Pirelli tyres, forcing drivers
> to effectively produce qualifying laps without any respite between stints.
>
> It is not the first time track limits has come under the spotlight this
> season, after the Austrian GP saw 83 lap times deleted and a final order
> published several hours after the race.
>
> VIEWED BY OTHERS:
> Leclerc Qatar
> F1 NEWS
> FIA President warns circuits could lose F1 races over track limits
> Russell Qatar
> MERCEDES
> Mercedes point to major improvement for Qatar GP future
> Russell: We need better circuits
> Sergio Perez called the track limits penalties a "joke" while FIA
> President Mohammed Ben Sulayem has suggested that circuits could lose
> their spot on the calendar if they do not find a solution.
>
> When asked what solutions he would introduce, Russell told media
> including RacingNews365: "It's quite simple design tracks that don't
> allow you to go over track limits.
>
> "We don't have the problem at Suzuka, I don't think we really have a
> problem at Silverstone, which is also high speed.
>
> "But it's just a handful of circuits that we have it always. It's pretty
> clear they just need to make a better circuit."

"Simple", ditch the TilkeDromes.