I just know I'm a better manager when I have Joe DiMaggio in center field. -- Casey Stengel

sport / rec.autos.sport.f1 / Lando! DOTD!

SubjectAuthor
* Lando! DOTD!Alan
+* Lando! DOTD!Phil Carmody
|+- Lando! DOTD!Alan
|`* Lando! DOTD!~misfit~
| +- Lando! DOTD!Alan
| `* Lando! DOTD!Phil Carmody
|  +* Lando! DOTD!Mark Jackson
|  |`* Lando! DOTD!Dumas Walker
|  | +* Lando! DOTD!News
|  | |+- Lando! DOTD!texas gate
|  | |`* Lando! DOTD!Dumas Walker
|  | | `- Lando! DOTD!News
|  | `- Lando! DOTD!texas gate
|  `* Lando! DOTD!~misfit~
|   +- Lando! DOTD!geoff
|   `* Lando! DOTD!Phil Carmody
|    `* Lando! DOTD!geoff
|     `* Lando! DOTD!Phil Carmody
|      `- Lando! DOTD!Mark Jackson
`* Lando! DOTD!XYXPDQ
 +* Lando! DOTD!geoff
 |+- Lando! DOTD!News
 |`- Lando! DOTD!Phil Carmody
 `* Lando! DOTD!Alan
  `* Lando! DOTD!geoff
   `* Lando! DOTD!Alan
    `* Lando! DOTD!geoff
     +- Lando! DOTD!Alan
     `- Lando! DOTD!Alan

Pages:12
Lando! DOTD!

<uhmnra$3k19$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21819&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21819

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Lando! DOTD!
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 15:54:33 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 29 Oct 2023 22:54 UTC

Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.

Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.

Lost out on the restart on hard tires.

And still came back to finish P5!

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<87fs1s9f3o.fsf@fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21834&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21834

From: pc+usenet@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Subject: Re: Lando! DOTD!
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 19:47:55 +0200
sha1:PWevMayy9cWcwaynnvD8kqF64WY=
 by: Phil Carmody - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:47 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> writes:
> Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.
>
> Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.
>
> Lost out on the restart on hard tires.
>
> And still came back to finish P5!

Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uhort5$iosn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21835&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21835

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:16:05 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 18:16 UTC

On 2023-10-30 10:47, Phil Carmody wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> writes:
>> Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.
>>
>> Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.
>>
>> Lost out on the restart on hard tires.
>>
>> And still came back to finish P5!
>
> Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
> lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
> was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
> Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.

I think Oscar is a very bright young racing talent; not only fast, but
wise beyond his years.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uhpabm$lcum$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21837&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21837

From: shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:22:43 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 22:22 UTC

On 31/10/2023 6:47 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> writes:
>> Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.
>>
>> Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.
>>
>> Lost out on the restart on hard tires.
>>
>> And still came back to finish P5!
>
> Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
> lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
> was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
> Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.
>
> Phil

Lando did really well, a great drive from a great driver.

However Alan's wrong to say that he lost out on the re-start "on hard tyres" as he did the last
stint on mediums. Also, yes Lando lost out because he pitted under the safety car just before the
red flag but he only lost 2 places because of that (8th to 10th). He had a bad start on his mediums
(wheelspin) and dropped 5 places (to 15th) by the second corner. To get back to 5th from there was
stellar.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uhpcvd$lqla$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21838&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21838

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:07:25 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 23:07 UTC

On 2023-10-30 15:22, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 31/10/2023 6:47 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> writes:
>>> Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.
>>>
>>> Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.
>>>
>>> Lost out on the restart on hard tires.
>>>
>>> And still came back to finish P5!
>>
>> Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
>> lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
>> was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
>> Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.
>>
>> Phil
>
> Lando did really well, a great drive from a great driver.
>
> However Alan's wrong to say that he lost out on the re-start "on hard
> tyres" as he did the last stint on mediums. Also, yes Lando lost out
> because he pitted under the safety car just before the red flag but he
> only lost 2 places because of that (8th to 10th). He had a bad start on
> his mediums (wheelspin) and dropped 5 places (to 15th) by the second
> corner. To get back to 5th from there was stellar.

Yup. Beg your pardon. Norris on older mediums, yes.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<877cn2anvp.fsf@fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21843&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21843

From: pc+usenet@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:05:14 +0200
sha1:xKL9iy6dLyyjCvkSeTpamT9Y9+Q=
 by: Phil Carmody - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:05 UTC

~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:
> On 31/10/2023 6:47 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> writes:
>>> Yes: he screwed up his qualifying, but what a recovery drive.
>>>
>>> Lost out because he did a tire change before the red flag.
>>>
>>> Lost out on the restart on hard tires.
>>>
>>> And still came back to finish P5!
>>
>> Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
>> lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
>> was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
>> Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.
>>
>> Phil
>
> Lando did really well, a great drive from a great driver.
>
> However Alan's wrong to say that he lost out on the re-start "on hard
> tyres" as he did the last stint on mediums. Also, yes Lando lost out
> because he pitted under the safety car just before the red flag but he
> only lost 2 places because of that (8th to 10th). He had a bad start
> on his mediums (wheelspin) and dropped 5 places (to 15th) by the
> second corner. To get back to 5th from there was stellar.

Yup. Thanks for the correction.

On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to do
much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that were
leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
aside childish remnants from the dawn of our civilization.
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<kqcgubF56b7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21844&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21844

From: mjackson@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:23:07 -0400
 by: Mark Jackson - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:23 UTC

On 10/31/2023 10:05 AM, Phil Carmody wrote:

> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to
> do much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that
> were leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.

Commentary suggested that it was a question of avoiding running many
laps behind the safety car.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<698863800@f10.n1.z17064.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21846&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21846

From: Dumas.Walker@f10.n1.z17064.fidonet.org (Dumas Walker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:37:00 +1300
 by: Dumas Walker - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:37 UTC

> > On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to
> > do much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that
> > were leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.

> Commentary suggested that it was a question of avoiding running many
> laps behind the safety car.

Televised US racing series have been leaning heavily on the red flag in
recent years, often to "manufacture" a "better end" of a race. US promoters
have probably gotten used to this.

* SLMR 2.1a * Make like smoke and dissipate.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uhue31$1pj0h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21847&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21847

From: News@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 16:57:04 -0400
 by: News - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 20:57 UTC

On 10/31/2023 3:37 PM, Dumas Walker wrote:
>>> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to
>>> do much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that
>>> were leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.
>
>> Commentary suggested that it was a question of avoiding running many
>> laps behind the safety car.
>
> Televised US racing series have been leaning heavily on the red flag in
> recent years, often to "manufacture" a "better end" of a race. US promoters
> have probably gotten used to this.

NASCRAP

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uhuhdk$1q5h7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21848&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21848

From: shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com (~misfit~)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 10:53:52 +1300
 by: ~misfit~ - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 21:53 UTC

On 1/11/2023 3:05 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
> ~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Fully agree. Several other good shows, but he was relentless, and never
>>> lost his focus on the target. I'm glad the team recognised that Oscar
>>> was more useful by letting him past without any fuss. And nice to hear
>>> Lando's "thank you" immediately afterwards.
>>>
>>> Phil
>>
>> Lando did really well, a great drive from a great driver.
>>
>> However Alan's wrong to say that he lost out on the re-start "on hard
>> tyres" as he did the last stint on mediums. Also, yes Lando lost out
>> because he pitted under the safety car just before the red flag but he
>> only lost 2 places because of that (8th to 10th). He had a bad start
>> on his mediums (wheelspin) and dropped 5 places (to 15th) by the
>> second corner. To get back to 5th from there was stellar.
>
> Yup. Thanks for the correction.
>
> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to do
> much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that were
> leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.
>
> Phil

As others have mentioned red flags are becoming more common. It's partly for the spectacle (less
racing laps lost and a standing start, as well as the wild-card free tyre change) and partly due to
increased safety concerns.

I'm fairly sure at least one Tecpro panel was replaced at Mexico. A small truck arrived with 3
replacement panels and later, as they were sweeping up I saw that one of the panels on the truck
was ruptured so that one at least had been replaced.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<ZZGdncfuwtzWRd_4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21849&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21849

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:59:24 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 22:59 UTC

On 2/11/2023 10:53 am, ~misfit~ wrote:
> On 1/11/2023 3:05 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> ~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Lando did really well, a great drive from a great driver.
>>>
>>> However Alan's wrong to say that he lost out on the re-start "on hard
>>> tyres" as he did the last stint on mediums. Also, yes Lando lost out
>>> because he pitted under the safety car just before the red flag but he
>>> only lost 2 places because of that (8th to 10th). He had a bad start
>>> on his mediums (wheelspin) and dropped 5 places (to 15th) by the
>>> second corner. To get back to 5th from there was stellar.
>>
>> Yup. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to do
>> much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that were
>> leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.
>>
>> Phil
>
> As others have mentioned red flags are becoming more common. It's partly
> for the spectacle (less racing laps lost and a standing start, as well
> as the wild-card free tyre change) and partly due to increased safety
> concerns.

Purely for safety concerns. machinery on-track to recover a dead vehicle
is not conducive to a safety-car scenario.

> I'm fairly sure at least one Tecpro panel was replaced at Mexico. A
> small truck arrived with 3 replacement panels and later, as they were
> sweeping up I saw that one of the panels on the truck was ruptured so
> that one at least had been replaced.

Yes, I saw some bare brown (no advertising covering) barrier blocks
being installed.

geoff

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<a1b3a1be-42f6-492d-aac7-b4562e1f7e78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21850&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21850

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasgate@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 02:16 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 10:15:13 AM UTC-6, Dumas Walker wrote:

> Televised US racing series have been leaning heavily on the red flag in
> recent years, often to "manufacture" a "better end" of a race.

bullshit

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<9a728e79-3640-484b-adb8-96a05864c9fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21851&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21851

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 19:19:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: texasgate@gmail.com (texas gate)
 by: texas gate - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 02:19 UTC

On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 2:57:08 PM UTC-6, News wrote:

> NASCRAP

oh you sure told them
well at least their fans are not a miserable old cunt
you fucking clown

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<87sf5o72lg.fsf@fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21855&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21855

From: pc+usenet@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 14:37:47 +0200
sha1:EUoGzKOf3zHlZmSb2iefi9IQxKc=
 by: Phil Carmody - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 12:37 UTC

~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:
> On 1/11/2023 3:05 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to do
>> much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that were
>> leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.

> I'm fairly sure at least one Tecpro panel was replaced at Mexico. A
> small truck arrived with 3 replacement panels and later, as they were
> sweeping up I saw that one of the panels on the truck was ruptured so
> that one at least had been replaced.

Ah, OK, we did flip back to some action replays of prior bits of the
race, and even cut away to adverts on the feed we were watching. Thanks.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
aside childish remnants from the dawn of our civilization.
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<698947183@f10.n1.z17069.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21856&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21856

From: Dumas.Walker@f10.n1.z17069.fidonet.org (Dumas Walker)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 07:44:00 +1300
 by: Dumas Walker - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 18:44 UTC

> >> Commentary suggested that it was a question of avoiding running many
> >> laps behind the safety car.
> >
> > Televised US racing series have been leaning heavily on the red flag in
> > recent years, often to "manufacture" a "better end" of a race. US
> promoters
> > have probably gotten used to this.

> NASCRAP

And now, unfortunately, IndyCar.

* SLMR 2.1a * Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<ui0ipp$1pj0h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21857&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21857

From: News@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 12:29:44 -0400
 by: News - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 16:29 UTC

On 11/1/2023 2:44 PM, Dumas Walker wrote:

>>> Televised US racing series have been leaning heavily on the red flag in
>>> recent years, often to "manufacture" a "better end" of a race. US
>> promoters
>>> have probably gotten used to this.
>
>> NASCRAP
>
> And now, unfortunately, IndyCar.

Bingo.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<5tudnbTXmZvxs9n4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21860&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21860

Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 12:19:08 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 23:19 UTC

On 3/11/2023 1:37 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
> ~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 1/11/2023 3:05 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>>> On the red - was it really necessary? It didn't look like they had to do
>>> much apart from re-right some of the panels in the barrier that were
>>> leaning, nothing seemed to need replacing.
>
>> I'm fairly sure at least one Tecpro panel was replaced at Mexico. A
>> small truck arrived with 3 replacement panels and later, as they were
>> sweeping up I saw that one of the panels on the truck was ruptured so
>> that one at least had been replaced.
>
> Ah, OK, we did flip back to some action replays of prior bits of the
> race, and even cut away to adverts on the feed we were watching. Thanks.

The advert-heavy coverage must be a USA ting then. Just like America
'football', and some other sports.

geoff

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<87h6m17eaf.fsf@fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21866&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21866

From: pc+usenet@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 17:02:00 +0200
sha1:ne5KfSHJi9jFq3TNtd28PEXPPIw=
 by: Phil Carmody - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 15:02 UTC

geoff <geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org> writes:
> On 3/11/2023 1:37 am, Phil Carmody wrote:
>> ~misfit~ <shaun.at.pukekohe@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm fairly sure at least one Tecpro panel was replaced at Mexico. A
>>> small truck arrived with 3 replacement panels and later, as they were
>>> sweeping up I saw that one of the panels on the truck was ruptured so
>>> that one at least had been replaced.
>>
>> Ah, OK, we did flip back to some action replays of prior bits of the
>> race, and even cut away to adverts on the feed we were watching. Thanks.
>
> The advert-heavy coverage must be a USA ting then. Just like America
> 'football', and some other sports.

Nope, it was Romanian channel we were watching.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
aside childish remnants from the dawn of our civilization.
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<kqn593F56b9U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21867&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21867

From: mjackson@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 11:11:30 -0400
 by: Mark Jackson - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 15:11 UTC

On 11/4/2023 11:02 AM, Phil Carmody wrote:
> geoff <geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org> writes:

>>> Ah, OK, we did flip back to some action replays of prior bits of the
>>> race, and even cut away to adverts on the feed we were watching. Thanks.
>>
>> The advert-heavy coverage must be a USA ting then. Just like America
>> 'football', and some other sports.
>
> Nope, it was Romanian channel we were watching.

US TV carries the Sky broadcast; no advertisements during the action.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
It is the dice, in fact, that play God with the universe.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<bced4d6d-6f45-4aec-b78b-6db5383e356cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21870&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21870

Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 13:27:16 -0800 (PST)
From: qwrtz123@gmail.com (XYXPDQ)
 by: XYXPDQ - Sun, 5 Nov 2023 21:27 UTC

DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given the last lap.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<1VCdnf4sCOROu9X4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21872&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21872

Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 12:35:45 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Sun, 5 Nov 2023 23:35 UTC

On 6/11/2023 10:27 am, XYXPDQ wrote:
> DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given the last lap.

Yeah. though a great drive he never had a bunch of difficult passing or
defending to do.

ALO and PER however ...

I'd give DOTD to ALO.

geoff

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uibgqf$ipvv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21874&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21874

From: News@Group.Name (News)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 15:03:30 -0500
 by: News - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 20:03 UTC

On 11/5/2023 6:35 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 6/11/2023 10:27 am, XYXPDQ wrote:
>> DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given
>> the last lap.
>
> Yeah.  though a great drive he never had a bunch of difficult passing or
> defending to do.
>
> ALO and PER however ...
>
> I'd give DOTD to ALO.
>

> geoff

+1 ALO's still got the fire.

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<87zfzq60wf.fsf@fatphil.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21875&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21875

From: pc+usenet@asdf.org (Phil Carmody)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 23:13:20 +0200
sha1:HvRbzSRiBH/NPsxsvClpqySAlFk=
 by: Phil Carmody - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 21:13 UTC

geoff <geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org> writes:
> On 6/11/2023 10:27 am, XYXPDQ wrote:
>> DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given the last lap.
>
> Yeah. though a great drive he never had a bunch of difficult passing
> or defending to do.
>
> ALO and PER however ...
>
> I'd give DOTD to ALO.

I was working on the principle that if PER overtook ALO, I'd give it to
PER, as overtaking the canny old-timer is very tricky. And then the
final lap happened. Too late to vote by that stage, alas.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
aside childish remnants from the dawn of our civilization.
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<uic2ak$mk6m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21876&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21876

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 17:02:12 -0800
 by: Alan - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 01:02 UTC

On 2023-11-05 13:27, XYXPDQ wrote:
> DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given the last lap.

My thread was about Mexico...

:-)

Re: Lando! DOTD!

<wZWcnSAR7MmkDNT4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=21877&group=rec.autos.sport.f1#21877

Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:22:00 +1300
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.f1
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 01:22 UTC

On 7/11/2023 2:02 pm, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-11-05 13:27, XYXPDQ wrote:
>> DotD at Brazil to I think though maybe Alonso was more deserving given
>> the last lap.
>
> My thread was about Mexico...
>
> :-)

Suggest include that in the 'Subject' line next time then. Else could
apply to the 2026 GP at Timbuktu.

geoff