From: maximusheadroom@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.sport.nascar
Subject: NASCAR Star Denny Hamlin's Villain Era Continues With Contract Extension For Joe Gibbs Racing
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 08:42:40 -0700
 by: max headroom - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 15:42 UTC

NASCAR Star Denny Hamlin's Villain Era Continues With Contract Extension For Joe
Gibbs Racing

Remso Martinez

In July, the crew at TheSportsRush.com said that Denny Hamlin has fully embraced
his "villain" role, and I can't think of a better way to describe how the
majority of NASCAR fans seem to see him other than that. Good news for fans and
haters though, the villain has signed a multiyear contract with Joe Gibbs
Racing, meaning he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Joe Gibbs Racing has been my home for almost 20 years now," Hamlin said in a
press release.

"My relationship with Joe (Gibbs), my team and everyone at JGR means a lot to
me. We have accomplished so much together over the years. I'm excited to finally
announce this so we can put all our focus on chasing the championship."

Needless to say, Hamlin's haters are going to have a field day, especially since
he already has NASCAR viewers at the ready to quickly call him a "hypocrite,"
"two-face," and a slew of other names.

Hamlin, a 50-time NASCAR Cup Series winner, has achieved all his victories with
Joe Gibbs Racing, having started 641 Cup races since 2005. Currently fifth in
the playoff standings, he's aiming for his first Cup title, having qualified for
the Championship 4 three times in the last four years.

Hamlin has two wins this season at Kansas and Pocono Raceway. In 2021, he
co-founded 23XI Racing with NBA legend Michael Jordan. Starting with a single
car driven by Bubba Wallace, the team expanded in 2022 with a second car driven
by Kurt Busch and later by Tyler Reddick in 2023. All three drivers have secured
wins for the team.

So, are you a Hamlin hater or fan? Let us know where you stand in the comments
below and across social media.

Follow Remso at @HeyRemso on X

https://www.boundingintosports.com/2023/09/nascar-star-denny-hamlins-villain-era-continues-with-contract-extension-for-joe-gibbs-racing/