From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Bizzarre trade results
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 03:16:41 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 07:16 UTC

https://nypost.com/2023/08/27/marlins-demote-david-robertson-from-closer-after-mets-deal/

Marlins demote David Robertson from closer role after Mets trade
Miles Schachner
2–3 minutes

It would appear that Miami wasn’t the best landing spot for ex-Mets
closer David Robertson.

After the Mets dealt their closer to its division rival Marlins,
Robertson has struggled, leading Miami to demote him from the closer
role and likely place its faith in Tanner Scott, the Miami Herald
reported Sunday.

In 44 innings with the Mets this year, Robertson hurled a 2.05 ERA,
collecting 14 saves and striking out 48 batters.

Meanwhile, the 38-year-old has a 7.20 ERA in 10 innings and four saves
so far with the Marlins, forcing the team to turn to Scott, who has a
2.59 ERA in 59 innings this year.

Perhaps the final straw of the Marlins’ patience with Robertson came on
Saturday when he gave up two runs in the top of the ninth inning to blow
the save to the fourth-place Nationals, his sixth time doing so this year.
David Robertson
It appears that David Robertson’s days as the Marlins’ closer are over.
USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con

By dealing Robertson, who signed a one-year, $10 million contract with
the Mets prior to the 2023 season, the Mets acquired Marco Vargas and
Ronald Hernandez, two teenage prospects who rank No. 8 and No. 20,
respectively, on the Mets’ MLB Pipeline prospect rankings.

“We’d pitch great, and then we wouldn’t hit. And then we’d hit great,
and then we wouldn’t pitch. We just couldn’t put it together,” said
Robertson after the trade. “It was very frustrating, especially with all
the high expectations we had coming into the spring and the feel we had
leaving the spring.”
David Robertson
Robertson’s ERA in Miami more than double his mark with the Mets.
Corey Sipkin for the NY POST

Robertson added that he would “absolutely” be open to a reunion with the
Mets this offseason and that he had “No complaints and nothing bad to
say about the Mets. I had a great time there.”

The Marlins (65-65) were surprising buyers at the trade deadline and now
sit three games back of the third NL Wild Card spot.
David Robertson
The longtime Yankees reliever said he would be open to a reunion with
the Mets this offseason.
USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con

Miami had a red-hot June but has since stumbled, going 17-30 in July and
August combined.

Re: Bizzarre trade results

<e580af03-4747-4a15-9103-4ce9db6f5911n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3388&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3388

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 05:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bizzarre trade results
From: bhasselback@gmail.com (Hass)
 by: Hass - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:42 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 2:16:42 AM UTC-5, Popping Mad wrote:
> https://nypost.com/2023/08/27/marlins-demote-david-robertson-from-closer-after-mets-deal/
>
> Marlins demote David Robertson from closer role after Mets trade
> Miles Schachner
> 2–3 minutes
>
> It would appear that Miami wasn’t the best landing spot for ex-Mets
> closer David Robertson.
>
> After the Mets dealt their closer to its division rival Marlins,
> Robertson has struggled, leading Miami to demote him from the closer
> role and likely place its faith in Tanner Scott, the Miami Herald
> reported Sunday.
>
> In 44 innings with the Mets this year, Robertson hurled a 2.05 ERA,
> collecting 14 saves and striking out 48 batters.
>
> Meanwhile, the 38-year-old has a 7.20 ERA in 10 innings and four saves
> so far with the Marlins, forcing the team to turn to Scott, who has a
> 2.59 ERA in 59 innings this year.
>
> Perhaps the final straw of the Marlins’ patience with Robertson came on
> Saturday when he gave up two runs in the top of the ninth inning to blow
> the save to the fourth-place Nationals, his sixth time doing so this year..
> David Robertson
> It appears that David Robertson’s days as the Marlins’ closer are over.
> USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con
>
> By dealing Robertson, who signed a one-year, $10 million contract with
> the Mets prior to the 2023 season, the Mets acquired Marco Vargas and
> Ronald Hernandez, two teenage prospects who rank No. 8 and No. 20,
> respectively, on the Mets’ MLB Pipeline prospect rankings.
>
> “We’d pitch great, and then we wouldn’t hit. And then we’d hit great,
> and then we wouldn’t pitch. We just couldn’t put it together,” said
> Robertson after the trade. “It was very frustrating, especially with all
> the high expectations we had coming into the spring and the feel we had
> leaving the spring.”
> David Robertson
> Robertson’s ERA in Miami more than double his mark with the Mets.
> Corey Sipkin for the NY POST
>
> Robertson added that he would “absolutely” be open to a reunion with the
> Mets this offseason and that he had “No complaints and nothing bad to
> say about the Mets. I had a great time there.”
>
> The Marlins (65-65) were surprising buyers at the trade deadline and now
> sit three games back of the third NL Wild Card spot.
> David Robertson
> The longtime Yankees reliever said he would be open to a reunion with
> the Mets this offseason.
> USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con
>
> Miami had a red-hot June but has since stumbled, going 17-30 in July and
> August combined.

Got rid of him at the right time it appears.

Re: Bizzarre trade results

<HY6HM.634507$SuUf.383384@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3389&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3389

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:55:19 -0400
 by: *ernie - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC

On 8/28/2023 8:42 AM, Hass wrote:
> On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 2:16:42 AM UTC-5, Popping Mad wrote:
>> https://nypost.com/2023/08/27/marlins-demote-david-robertson-from-closer-after-mets-deal/
>>
>> Marlins demote David Robertson from closer role after Mets trade
>> Miles Schachner
>> 2–3 minutes
>>
>> It would appear that Miami wasn’t the best landing spot for ex-Mets
>> closer David Robertson.
>>
>> After the Mets dealt their closer to its division rival Marlins,
>> Robertson has struggled, leading Miami to demote him from the closer
>> role and likely place its faith in Tanner Scott, the Miami Herald
>> reported Sunday.
>>
>> In 44 innings with the Mets this year, Robertson hurled a 2.05 ERA,
>> collecting 14 saves and striking out 48 batters.
>>
>> Meanwhile, the 38-year-old has a 7.20 ERA in 10 innings and four saves
>> so far with the Marlins, forcing the team to turn to Scott, who has a
>> 2.59 ERA in 59 innings this year.
>>
>> Perhaps the final straw of the Marlins’ patience with Robertson came on
>> Saturday when he gave up two runs in the top of the ninth inning to blow
>> the save to the fourth-place Nationals, his sixth time doing so this year.
>> David Robertson
>> It appears that David Robertson’s days as the Marlins’ closer are over.
>> USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con
>>
>> By dealing Robertson, who signed a one-year, $10 million contract with
>> the Mets prior to the 2023 season, the Mets acquired Marco Vargas and
>> Ronald Hernandez, two teenage prospects who rank No. 8 and No. 20,
>> respectively, on the Mets’ MLB Pipeline prospect rankings.
>>
>> “We’d pitch great, and then we wouldn’t hit. And then we’d hit great,
>> and then we wouldn’t pitch. We just couldn’t put it together,” said
>> Robertson after the trade. “It was very frustrating, especially with all
>> the high expectations we had coming into the spring and the feel we had
>> leaving the spring.”
>> David Robertson
>> Robertson’s ERA in Miami more than double his mark with the Mets.
>> Corey Sipkin for the NY POST
>>
>> Robertson added that he would “absolutely” be open to a reunion with the
>> Mets this offseason and that he had “No complaints and nothing bad to
>> say about the Mets. I had a great time there.”
>>
>> The Marlins (65-65) were surprising buyers at the trade deadline and now
>> sit three games back of the third NL Wild Card spot.
>> David Robertson
>> The longtime Yankees reliever said he would be open to a reunion with
>> the Mets this offseason.
>> USA TODAY Sports via Reuters Con
>>
>> Miami had a red-hot June but has since stumbled, going 17-30 in July and
>> August combined.
>
> Got rid of him at the right time it appears.

They over-used him. Teams do that with pitchers they know aren't going
to resign with them. If the Mets keep Diaz for next year, Robertson
would be a good signing as a 7th or 8th inning set-up man.