From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: exmets IV
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 04:27:55 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 13 Apr 2023 08:27 UTC

msn.com
Sports World Reacts To The Lakers' Big Signing Today
~2 minutes

"They capitalized on just about every single one of my mistakes."

For the second game in a row, a Dodger starting pitcher couldn't hold
the early lead. Saturday night's starter Noah Syndergaard struggled
mightily against the Diamondbacks in Arizona allowing 6 earned runs over
4 innings.

After the game, he summed up what just about everyone else watching the
game saw... the Dbacks jumped on just about every Syndergaard mistake.

“Just poor execution with my pitches. They capitalized on just about
every single one of my mistakes, and it was difficult for me to find a
rhythm. Just a super disappointing outing. Especially when the offense
comes out like that in the beginning of the game. It’s definitely one
that I’ll want back.”

After Clayton Kershaw's start on Friday night, it feels like there's
something in the water in Arizona.

Syndergaard wasn't the only problem for the Dodgers last night. The
bullpen was no relief, with three pitchers combining to allow 6 runs
over the final 4 innings of the 12-8 loss.

“They’re working through it right now, but the league’s not gonna
wait for you,” Doc said about the bullpen. “So you still need to perform
while you’re trying to figure things out. … We've got to work through
some things.”

After a solid homestand, things have gone ugly for the pitching staff as
a whole on the road. Outside of Dustin May and Evan Phillips.

The Dodgers will go for the series split with rookie right-hander
Micahel Grove on the mound. Arizona counters with Ryne Nelson.