The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations

SubjectAuthor
* Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations*ernie
+- Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operationstmp
`- Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operationsRuben Safir

1
Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations

<gv3MM.103$LaBc.73@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3576&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3576

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Subject: Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:04:28 -0400
 by: *ernie - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 20:04 UTC

The New York Mets are hiring David Stearns as president of baseball
operations, sources told Jeff Passan of ESPN.

The 38-year-old Manhattan native is signing a five-year contract to take
over the team he grew up cheering for, according to USA Today's Bob
Nightengale.

He is the first president of baseball operations in Mets history,
ranking him above general manager Billy Eppler, who will remain with the
team as second in command of baseball operations.

Stearns will officially begin his new role in early October upon
completion of the regular season, according to Passan's sources.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2712548

Glad that they put anybody with a decent resume over Billy Eppler, who
has now proven twice (Angels and Mets) that he can sign big name FAs,
but can't build a winner.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations

<e59e11b7-322b-47e0-a3e4-b2f0073d9e80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3577&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3577

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 14:39:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpfeife1@gmail.com (tmp)
 by: tmp - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 21:39 UTC

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 4:04:31 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> The New York Mets are hiring David Stearns as president of baseball
> operations, sources told Jeff Passan of ESPN.
>
> The 38-year-old Manhattan native is signing a five-year contract to take
> over the team he grew up cheering for, according to USA Today's Bob
> Nightengale.
>
> He is the first president of baseball operations in Mets history,
> ranking him above general manager Billy Eppler, who will remain with the
> team as second in command of baseball operations.
>
> Stearns will officially begin his new role in early October upon
> completion of the regular season, according to Passan's sources.
>
> https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2712548
>

> Glad that they put anybody with a decent resume over Billy Eppler, who
> has now proven twice (Angels and Mets) that he can sign big name FAs,
> but can't build a winner.
>

> --
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.com

Yes, this is encouraging. They definitely need a fresh set of eyes on the roster construction, not to mention the overall baseball operation.

Re: Report: Mets hiring David Stearns as president of baseball operations

<ue327g$s9b$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3579&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3579

From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 02:00:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 02:00 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The New York Mets are hiring David Stearns as president of baseball
> operations, sources told Jeff Passan of ESPN.
>
> The 38-year-old Manhattan native is signing a five-year contract to take
> over the team he grew up cheering for, according to USA Today's Bob
> Nightengale.
>
> He is the first president of baseball operations in Mets history,
> ranking him above general manager Billy Eppler, who will remain with the
> team as second in command of baseball operations.
>
> Stearns will officially begin his new role in early October upon
> completion of the regular season, according to Passan's sources.
>
> https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2712548
>

> Glad that they put anybody with a decent resume over Billy Eppler, who
> has now proven twice (Angels and Mets) that he can sign big name FAs,
> but can't build a winner.

I don't want Sterns. I want the guy from Tampa Bay, who I think LA
Snagged. So I'll take the next guy in Tampa Bay.