[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season

SubjectAuthor
* Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season*ernie
`* Mets All-Star Officially Out For The SeasonRuben Safir
 `- Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season*ernie

1
Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season

<Na0RM.300318$%uv8.26883@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3584&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3584

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Subject: Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:23:07 -0400
 by: *ernie - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 20:23 UTC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-all-star-officially-out-for-the-season/ar-AA1hmk5k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=55da3d63794c4f95b94bb6610cf00c26&ei=10

Starling Marte is out for the rest of the week. Thank god they came to
my their senses with Edwin Diaz. Why even contemplate bring back stars
nursing injuries for a couple of completely meaningless games

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season

<uf5inf$3fo$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3586&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3586

From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 04:10:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 04:10 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-all-star-officially-out-for-the-season/ar-AA1hmk5k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=55da3d63794c4f95b94bb6610cf00c26&ei=10
>

> Starling Marte is out for the rest of the week. Thank god they came to
> my their senses with Edwin Diaz. Why even contemplate bring back stars
> nursing injuries for a couple of completely meaningless games

I think you have seen the last of Marte. He has been hurt for a while
and was never expected to be a long term fixture of the line up

Re: Mets All-Star Officially Out For The Season

<kNnSM.366265$ZXz4.227582@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3587&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3587

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 20:03:27 -0400
 by: *ernie - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:03 UTC

On 9/29/2023 12:10 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> *ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-all-star-officially-out-for-the-season/ar-AA1hmk5k?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=55da3d63794c4f95b94bb6610cf00c26&ei=10
>>

>> Starling Marte is out for the rest of the week. Thank god they came to
>> my their senses with Edwin Diaz. Why even contemplate bring back stars
>> nursing injuries for a couple of completely meaningless games
>>

> I think you have seen the last of Marte. He has been hurt for a while
> and was never expected to be a long term fixture of the line up

On a good team, he's your perfect 4th outfielder. At least he was
pre-injury.