From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: 90 loss season
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:28:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:28 UTC

This team looks like a 90 loss seson team this year. If the rookies
perform, which they didn't last season, they can reach 85 loses.

Why?

Well, there is no pitching. When they released Louis they released one
of their best pitchers. Megill is a loss and probably not a Major
Leaguer. Same with Peterson and Lucchino. Butto is a middle releiver
at best. So who is pitching?

On the offense, a lot of hoping is an pineing seems to be in order.

If you like teams with low contact and lots of whiffs, this is the team
for you...

Baty had 109Ks and a 275 OBP
Alvarez had 110Ks and a 284 OBP (and a 209 BA)
Alonso 151Ks and 318 OBP
Marte is washed up
Vientos a 253 OBP
Mauricio a 296 OBP
Navaez 283 OBP
Nido - I'm not even looking

The cubbard is bare...

This team has all the punch of the 1969 Mets without a pitching staff.

All these players, slated for regular playing time, are in the Al Weiss
zone of hitting.

There is no point in going over the ballpen.. there is none.

Re: 90 loss season

<h39bN.26696$BSkc.10534@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3630&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3630

Subject: Re: 90 loss season
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 19:29:03 -0500
 by: *ernie - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 00:29 UTC

On 12/3/2023 3:28 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> This team looks like a 90 loss seson team this year. If the rookies
> perform, which they didn't last season, they can reach 85 loses.
>
> Why?
>
> Well, there is no pitching. When they released Louis they released one
> of their best pitchers. Megill is a loss and probably not a Major
> Leaguer. Same with Peterson and Lucchino. Butto is a middle releiver
> at best. So who is pitching?
>
> On the offense, a lot of hoping is an pineing seems to be in order.
>
> If you like teams with low contact and lots of whiffs, this is the team
> for you...
>
> Baty had 109Ks and a 275 OBP
> Alvarez had 110Ks and a 284 OBP (and a 209 BA)
> Alonso 151Ks and 318 OBP
> Marte is washed up
> Vientos a 253 OBP
> Mauricio a 296 OBP
> Navaez 283 OBP
> Nido - I'm not even looking
>
> The cubbard is bare...
>
> This team has all the punch of the 1969 Mets without a pitching staff.
>
> All these players, slated for regular playing time, are in the Al Weiss
> zone of hitting.

Al Weiss was clutch

> There is no point in going over the ballpen.. there is none.

I'll wait till after the Winter Meetings and FA signings before making
an assessment. I'm not expecting miracles.

Re: 90 loss season

<uliakm$21j7g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3639&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3639

From: gortamus@gmail.com (Stewart)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:49:41 -0500
 by: Stewart - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:49 UTC

90 is on the bright side. It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

On 12/3/2023 3:28 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> This team looks like a 90 loss seson team this year. If the rookies
> perform, which they didn't last season, they can reach 85 loses.
>
> Why?
>
> Well, there is no pitching. When they released Louis they released one
> of their best pitchers. Megill is a loss and probably not a Major
> Leaguer. Same with Peterson and Lucchino. Butto is a middle releiver
> at best. So who is pitching?
>
> On the offense, a lot of hoping is an pineing seems to be in order.
>
> If you like teams with low contact and lots of whiffs, this is the team
> for you...
>
> Baty had 109Ks and a 275 OBP
> Alvarez had 110Ks and a 284 OBP (and a 209 BA)
> Alonso 151Ks and 318 OBP
> Marte is washed up
> Vientos a 253 OBP
> Mauricio a 296 OBP
> Navaez 283 OBP
> Nido - I'm not even looking
>
> The cubbard is bare...
>
> This team has all the punch of the 1969 Mets without a pitching staff.
>
> All these players, slated for regular playing time, are in the Al Weiss
> zone of hitting.
>
> There is no point in going over the ballpen.. there is none.

Re: 90 loss season

<ulm0r2$mdv$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3641&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3641

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:27:14 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 05:27 UTC

On 12/15/23 14:49, Stewart wrote:
> 90 is on the bright side.  It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
> lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

Without some support behind he, Alonso is going to end up with Kingman
like number.

Re: 90 loss season

<ulm0ug$mdv$2@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3642&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3642

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 00:29:03 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 05:29 UTC

On 12/17/23 00:27, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 12/15/23 14:49, Stewart wrote:
>> 90 is on the bright side.  It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
>> lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.
>
> Without some support behind he, Alonso is going to end up with Kingman
> like number.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/14/sports/the-show-podcast-bobby-valentine-talks-ohtani-yamamoto/

I never agree with Joe Beningo, but he is spot on with this...

Re: 90 loss season

<um62mf$l7d$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3660&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3660

From: rainbow@coliaiton.com (poppingmad ontherun)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 02:36:47 -0500
 by: poppingmad ontherun - Sat, 23 Dec 2023 07:36 UTC

On 12/15/23 14:49, Stewart wrote:
> 90 is on the bright side.  It will be hard to score runs with 2/3 of the
> lineup with <.300 OBP and a combined .220 BA.

Not just that, it will be painful to watch. They might as well do a
complete breakdown and trade all the assets.