From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Blake Snell
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:37:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 19:37 UTC

Even on the most rubimentary measures, the Mets don't have enough
pitching to even man a complete team this season. There are just not
enough professional arms to fill the necessary innings for a 163 game
schedule. Unless they are going to run AA starters out there, there are
just not enough arms.

Even if they loaded up on Blake Snell and Montgomery, they would still
need 2 more starters. I can't remeber the teams pitching staff are bare
as it is now, not ever... not even in 1977-8

It is just complete bare. The rest of the staff other than Sengie is
batting practice pitching.

I look at Blake Snell, and he dominated the Mets and made them look
foolish. The problem is he has up and down seasons.. sort of like Bret
Saberhagen. I can't see signing him for 5 years are prime
money,especially with such a bare pitching staff. It just wouldn't be
enough.

I like Snell, but more than a 3 year deal is very unwise, IMO.

Re: Blake Snell

<O_giN.9820$46Te.9379@fx38.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3665&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3665

Subject: Re: Blake Snell
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 10:13:47 -0500
 by: *ernie - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 15:13 UTC

On 12/24/2023 2:37 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> Even on the most rubimentary measures, the Mets don't have enough
> pitching to even man a complete team this season. There are just not
> enough professional arms to fill the necessary innings for a 163 game
> schedule. Unless they are going to run AA starters out there, there are
> just not enough arms.
>
> Even if they loaded up on Blake Snell and Montgomery, they would still
> need 2 more starters. I can't remeber the teams pitching staff are bare
> as it is now, not ever... not even in 1977-8
>

> It is just complete bare. The rest of the staff other than Sengie is
> batting practice pitching.
>
> I look at Blake Snell, and he dominated the Mets and made them look
> foolish. The problem is he has up and down seasons.. sort of like Bret
> Saberhagen. I can't see signing him for 5 years are prime
> money,especially with such a bare pitching staff. It just wouldn't be
> enough.
>
> I like Snell, but more than a 3 year deal is very unwise, IMO.

I'd like to see them sign both Snell and Montgomery. If they can sign a
legitimate DH (JD Martinez?) also, the off-season would be a success.
The never really had a chance with Ohtani and I still think a team has
to be crazy to throw $300m to someone who hasn't pitched an inning of MLB.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com