From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Eppler ineligable (like Pete Rose?) until after 2024 WS
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:58:50 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:58 UTC

Billy Eppler Placed On Ineligible List Through 2024 World Series

By Darragh McDonald | February 9, 2024 at 11:59pm CDT

Major League Baseball announced that former Mets general manager Billy
Eppler has been placed on the ineligible list, beginning immediately and
through the conclusion of the 2024 World Series. Per the announcement,
Eppler violated rules regarding “improper use of Injured List
placements, including the deliberate fabrication of injuries; and the
associated submission of documentation for the purposes of securing
multiple improper Injured List placements during the 2022 and 2023
seasons.” The league added that the investigation “concluded that the
pattern of conduct was at Mr. Eppler’s sole direction and without any
involvement of Club ownership or superiors. MLB considers the matter
closed and will have no further comment.”

The Mets also released a statement on the matter: “The Mets have been
informed of the conclusion of Major League Baseball’s investigation.
With Billy Eppler’s resignation on October 5, 2023, and with David
Stearns leading the Baseball Operations team, the Mets consider the
matter closed and will have no further comment.”

FWIW - I strong suspect that this is because of the Louis Guillorme
injury. I take it Guillorme didn't like being sidelined and there is a
complete coverup of the details by the Mets and MLB.

I'm not sure why Eppler is just going along. I suspect he is being
compensated by Cohen somehow. It is not past Cohen to do something like
that and he is famously capable of getting compatriots to take the fall
for criminal matters and buy the silence of others.

This is not a criminal matter, of course. But from the perspective of
the games integrety, the silencing of the circumstances for the
disapline is likely worst than the "crime".

Reuvain

Re: Eppler ineligable (like Pete Rose?) until after 2024 WS

<BU7yN.86118$CYpe.37013@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3703&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3703

Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:57:53 -0500
 by: *ernie - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:57 UTC

On 2/10/2024 7:58 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
> Billy Eppler Placed On Ineligible List Through 2024 World Series
>
> By Darragh McDonald | February 9, 2024 at 11:59pm CDT
>
> Major League Baseball announced that former Mets general manager Billy
> Eppler has been placed on the ineligible list, beginning immediately and
> through the conclusion of the 2024 World Series. Per the announcement,
> Eppler violated rules regarding “improper use of Injured List
> placements, including the deliberate fabrication of injuries; and the
> associated submission of documentation for the purposes of securing
> multiple improper Injured List placements during the 2022 and 2023
> seasons.” The league added that the investigation “concluded that the
> pattern of conduct was at Mr. Eppler’s sole direction and without any
> involvement of Club ownership or superiors. MLB considers the matter
> closed and will have no further comment.”
>
> The Mets also released a statement on the matter: “The Mets have been
> informed of the conclusion of Major League Baseball’s investigation.
> With Billy Eppler’s resignation on October 5, 2023, and with David
> Stearns leading the Baseball Operations team, the Mets consider the
> matter closed and will have no further comment.”
>

> FWIW - I strong suspect that this is because of the Louis Guillorme
> injury. I take it Guillorme didn't like being sidelined and there is a
> complete coverup of the details by the Mets and MLB.
>
> I'm not sure why Eppler is just going along. I suspect he is being
> compensated by Cohen somehow. It is not past Cohen to do something like
> that and he is famously capable of getting compatriots to take the fall
> for criminal matters and buy the silence of others.
>
> This is not a criminal matter, of course. But from the perspective of
> the games integrety, the silencing of the circumstances for the
> disapline is likely worst than the "crime".
>

> Reuvain

Even with cheating, the Mets still sucked last year. That's probably why
the 9 month ban is as light as it is. You are correct that he must be
getting generously compensated for his troubles.