From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Two changes can fix much of basbeall
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:33:32 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 22:33 UTC

First of all - EVERYONE should have to enter the MLB Draft and put an
end to international free agency. It is a farce and we have effectively
turned baseball into a plantation.

Secondly

They should change the structure of the schedule as follows

All the MLB teams plus 8 guest teams play a regular 100 game schedule.

All-Star Break: Frozen rosters. No trades or roster moves allowed
accept to draw from your minor leagues in case of injury.

Then run a 66 game schedule of the top 12 teams (6 games per opponent).
Now the top 4 teams enter playoffs of 7 games. Then a WS round of 7 games.

That will put an end to tanking.

Next season only the best 32 teams guaranteed first round spots,
everyone else competes for one of the 8 guest spots.

Re: Two changes can fix much of basbeall

<uuv79v$s4n$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3750&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3750

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: Two changes can fix much of basbeall
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:38:20 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 22:38 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWqm6O3rVw&list=PLvfUGFA8D5RlAR1Dmp1waEi2XbOVLmWE8&index=30