From 0 to "what seems to be the problem officer" in 8.3 seconds. -- Ad for the new VW Corrado

sport / alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets / Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball

SubjectAuthor
* something is so fucked up in major league baseballRuben Safir
`* Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball*ernie
 `* Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseballPopping Mad
  `* Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball*ernie
   `- Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseballRuben Safir

1
something is so fucked up in major league baseball

<uupb92$7t7$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3746&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3746

From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: something is so fucked up in major league baseball
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:09:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 17:09 UTC

West Sacramento to host A’s games from 2025-27
April 4th, 2024
Martín Gallegos

Martín Gallegos
@MartinJGallegos

OAKLAND -- The A’s have found their temporary home for the 2025-27 MLB seasons at Sutter Health Park in Sacramento, the club announced on Thursday.

With their lease at the Oakland Coliseum set to expire after the 2024 season and a planned relocation to Las Vegas to a new ballpark that is not expected to be ready for play until the 2028 season, the A’s will move into the home of the Sacramento River Cats, who are currently the Triple-A affiliate of the Giants.

“On behalf of all of MLB, I want to express my appreciation to West Sacramento, Sutter Health Park, the Kings and the greater Sacramento region for their excitement to host the A’s for interim play, as the new A’s permanent home is built in Las Vegas," said Commissioner Rob Manfred.

A's to play in Sacramento

The A’s had been negotiating with the city of Oakland for a possible lease extension at the Coliseum, where the team has been playing its home games since 1968. But while talks were considered productive, the two sides remained far apart on a deal.

Sutter Health Park in West Sacramento will host the A's for the 2025-27 seasons - ahead of the team's move to Vegas in 2028. pic.twitter.com/KryyjzpLMl
— Oakland A's (@Athletics) April 4, 2024

"We explored several locations for a temporary home, including the Oakland Coliseum,” A’s owner and managing partner John Fisher said in a statement. “Even with the long-standing relationship and good intentions on all sides in the negotiations with Oakland, the conditions to achieve an agreement seemed out of reach. We understand the disappointment this news brings to our fans, as this season marks our final one in Oakland. Throughout this season, we will honor and celebrate our time in Oakland, and will share additional details soon.”

Minor League Ballpark Guide: Sutter Health Park

The move was announced in partnership with the NBA's Sacramento Kings, who are also the majority owner of the River Cats. The agreement includes an option to also play the 2028 season in Sacramento should the stadium in Las Vegas not be completed by its expected opening date.

“We extend our appreciation to the Kings and the city of West Sacramento,” said Fisher. “And look forward to making Sutter Health Park our home until our new ballpark opens in Las Vegas.”

Including fixed seats, lawn and standing room, Sutter Health Park currently holds a capacity of 14,014. The ballpark recently underwent renovations to update its clubhouses and batting cages. More updates and additions to the stadium’s facilities are expected as the A’s look to bring it up to Major League standards.

Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball

<6611a5a4$2$1258325$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3747&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3747

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:42:29 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 19:42 UTC

On 4/5/2024 1:09 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:

> West Sacramento to host A’s games from 2025-27
> April 4th, 2024
> Martín Gallegos
>
> Martín Gallegos
> @MartinJGallegos
>
> OAKLAND -- The A’s have found their temporary home for the 2025-27 MLB seasons at Sutter Health Park in Sacramento, the club announced on Thursday.
>
> With their lease at the Oakland Coliseum set to expire after the 2024 season and a planned relocation to Las Vegas to a new ballpark that is not expected to be ready for play until the 2028 season, the A’s will move into the home of the Sacramento River Cats, who are currently the Triple-A affiliate of the Giants.
>
> “On behalf of all of MLB, I want to express my appreciation to West Sacramento, Sutter Health Park, the Kings and the greater Sacramento region for their excitement to host the A’s for interim play, as the new A’s permanent home is built in Las Vegas," said Commissioner Rob Manfred.
>
> A's to play in Sacramento
>
> The A’s had been negotiating with the city of Oakland for a possible lease extension at the Coliseum, where the team has been playing its home games since 1968. But while talks were considered productive, the two sides remained far apart on a deal.
>
> Sutter Health Park in West Sacramento will host the A's for the 2025-27 seasons - ahead of the team's move to Vegas in 2028. pic.twitter.com/KryyjzpLMl
> — Oakland A's (@Athletics) April 4, 2024
>
> "We explored several locations for a temporary home, including the Oakland Coliseum,” A’s owner and managing partner John Fisher said in a statement. “Even with the long-standing relationship and good intentions on all sides in the negotiations with Oakland, the conditions to achieve an agreement seemed out of reach. We understand the disappointment this news brings to our fans, as this season marks our final one in Oakland. Throughout this season, we will honor and celebrate our time in Oakland, and will share additional details soon.”
>
> Minor League Ballpark Guide: Sutter Health Park
>
> The move was announced in partnership with the NBA's Sacramento Kings, who are also the majority owner of the River Cats. The agreement includes an option to also play the 2028 season in Sacramento should the stadium in Las Vegas not be completed by its expected opening date.
>
> “We extend our appreciation to the Kings and the city of West Sacramento,” said Fisher. “And look forward to making Sutter Health Park our home until our new ballpark opens in Las Vegas.”
>
> Including fixed seats, lawn and standing room, Sutter Health Park currently holds a capacity of 14,014. The ballpark recently underwent renovations to update its clubhouses and batting cages. More updates and additions to the stadium’s facilities are expected as the A’s look to bring it up to Major League standards.

That is unreal. But when I re-think it, they'll be lucky to draw 14,000 per.

Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball

<uuv5tj$3t1$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3748&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3748

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:14:40 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 22:14 UTC

On 4/6/24 15:42, *ernie wrote:

> That is unreal. But when I re-think it, they'll be lucky to draw 14,000
> per.

But there is NOT supposed to be a minor league team in Major League
Baseball. Think this is fair to revenue sharing?

Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball

<6618451f$0$897416$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3757&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3757

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:16:29 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:16 UTC

On 4/7/2024 6:14 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 4/6/24 15:42, *ernie wrote:
>>
>> That is unreal. But when I re-think it, they'll be lucky to draw 14,000
>> per.
>

> But there is NOT supposed to be a minor league team in Major League
> Baseball. Think this is fair to revenue sharing?

That is why these crap franchises never have a problem finding new
ownership. Even when the team loses money, the owners don't. In those
cases, the profit is in the re-sale.

Re: something is so fucked up in major league baseball

<uvbgl5$bc5$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3761&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3761

From: mrbrklyn@panix.com (Ruben Safir)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:32:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ruben Safir - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:32 UTC

*ernie <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/7/2024 6:14 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
>> On 4/6/24 15:42, *ernie wrote:
>>>
>>> That is unreal. But when I re-think it, they'll be lucky to draw 14,000
>>> per.
>>

>> But there is NOT supposed to be a minor league team in Major League
>> Baseball. Think this is fair to revenue sharing?
>

> That is why these crap franchises never have a problem finding new
> ownership. Even when the team loses money, the owners don't. In those
> cases, the profit is in the re-sale.

that is why teams that can't remain in the top 80% of the league's
Winning percentage should not be guaranteed places for the franchise in
the following year.