From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Mets move Kodai Senga to 60-day IL
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:12:01 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 01:12 UTC

The Mets have transferred Kodai senga from the 15-day injured list to
the 60-day injured list, a move that opens up a spot on the team’s
40-man roster for Tyler Jay, a 29-year-old left-handed reliever who’s
set to be called up from Triple-A Syracuse. The team has optioned
right-handed reliever Dedniel Núñez, who threw two innings against the
Braves last night in his major league debut, back to Syracuse

There haven’t been many updates on Senga’s progress in returning from a
shoulder injury that arose early in spring training, but the move to the
60-day IL means he can’t return to the major league roster any sooner
than May 27. Given the lack of updates recently, a return sooner than
then seemed fairly unlikely.

As for Jay, he’s made just one appearance for Syracuse so far this year.
A former first-round pick, he’s spent his professional career in the
minors with affiliates of the Twins, Reds, and Mets. If he gets into a
game while he’s on the roster, he’ll also be making his major league debut.

Re: Mets move Kodai Senga to 60-day IL

<uvc52p$2hqdq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3764&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3764

From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (ernie*)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: Mets move Kodai Senga to 60-day IL
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 16:20:41 -0400
 by: ernie* - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:20 UTC

On 4/11/2024 9:12 PM, Popping Mad wrote:
> The Mets have transferred Kodai senga from the 15-day injured list to
> the 60-day injured list, a move that opens up a spot on the team’s
> 40-man roster for Tyler Jay, a 29-year-old left-handed reliever who’s
> set to be called up from Triple-A Syracuse. The team has optioned
> right-handed reliever Dedniel Núñez, who threw two innings against the
> Braves last night in his major league debut, back to Syracuse
>
> There haven’t been many updates on Senga’s progress in returning from a
> shoulder injury that arose early in spring training, but the move to the
> 60-day IL means he can’t return to the major league roster any sooner
> than May 27. Given the lack of updates recently, a return sooner than
> then seemed fairly unlikely.
>
> As for Jay, he’s made just one appearance for Syracuse so far this year.
> A former first-round pick, he’s spent his professional career in the
> minors with affiliates of the Twins, Reds, and Mets. If he gets into a
> game while he’s on the roster, he’ll also be making his major league debut.

Is there ever any good news about this team?