From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: All-Time Favorite Mets
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:42:42 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:42 UTC

When I was growing up, my favorite Met was Tommy Agee, followed by Buddy.

Now, after nearly a lifetime of enjoy games, my top ten favorite list
looks like this

1) Keith Hernendez
2) Dwight Gooden (these can easily swap)
3) Wilmer Flores
4) RA Dickey
5) Mike Piazza
6) Lenny Dystra
7) Bartolo Colon
8) Tommy Agee
9) David Wright
10) Tom Seaver

I wish I could squeeze John Olerud, Luis Guillorme, Michael Conforto and
Kevin Mitchell onto the list

Obviously, this is not a list of the best players. Just my personal
favorites. I had great joy watching them.

Re: All-Time Favorite Mets

<uvco1s$rh$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3767&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3767

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
Subject: Re: All-Time Favorite Mets
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 21:43:55 -0400
 by: Popping Mad - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:43 UTC

On 4/12/24 21:42, Popping Mad wrote:
> Obviously, this is not a list of the best players. Just my personal
> favorites. I had great joy watching them.

and Fonzie diidn't quite make it either. My kids LOVED Fonzie.

Re: All-Time Favorite Mets

<6619fee7$0$1258337$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3768&group=alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets#3768

Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 23:41:25 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
 by: *ernie - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 03:41 UTC

On 4/12/2024 9:42 PM, Popping Mad wrote:

> When I was growing up, my favorite Met was Tommy Agee, followed by Buddy.
>
> Now, after nearly a lifetime of enjoy games, my top ten favorite list
> looks like this
>

> 1) Keith Hernendez
> 2) Dwight Gooden (these can easily swap)
> 3) Wilmer Flores
> 4) RA Dickey
> 5) Mike Piazza
> 6) Lenny Dystra
> 7) Bartolo Colon
> 8) Tommy Agee
> 9) David Wright
> 10) Tom Seaver
>

> I wish I could squeeze John Olerud, Luis Guillorme, Michael Conforto and
> Kevin Mitchell onto the list
>

> Obviously, this is not a list of the best players. Just my personal
> favorites. I had great joy watching them.

I'd remove Dickey, Gooden and Wright. I'd add Art Shamsky, Tug McGraw,
and in honor of my mother, I'd put Nolan Ryan. My mom had a crush and a
half on him and was devastated when he got traded to the Angels.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com