From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Adam Schefter: Herbert likely to have surgery Tuesday
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 22:57:38 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 03:57 UTC

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is very likely to undergo surgery Tuesday on
his fractured right index finger, per source. Whether Herbert will have
any chance to able to return this season will be determined by the surgery.

5:59 PM · Dec 11, 2023

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734347326125433009

Re: Adam Schefter: Herbert likely to have surgery Tuesday

<bfce4192-28ae-4a69-b856-f67f58a528edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3973&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3973

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:16:41 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 21:16 UTC

On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:57:43 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
>
> Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is very likely to undergo surgery Tuesday on
> his fractured right index finger, per source. Whether Herbert will have
> any chance to able to return this season will be determined by the surgery.
>
> 5:59 PM · Dec 11, 2023
>

> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734347326125433009

Follow up: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734620997125378276

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Now official: Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is undergoing season-ending surgery today on the fractured right index finger he suffered Sunday, per league source.
9:07 AM · Dec 12, 2023

The silver lining is that clinches the season record prediction contest for me :D

I doubt this happens, but if Dean is at all serious he will back up the Brinks truck, pay Jim Harbaugh whatever he wants and let him pick the GM he wants to work with.

Michael

Re: Adam Schefter: Herbert likely to have surgery Tuesday

<ktsa49Fbkc0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3974&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3974

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 18:53:42 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 23:53 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:57:43 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
>>
>> Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is very likely to undergo surgery Tuesday on
>> his fractured right index finger, per source. Whether Herbert will have
>> any chance to able to return this season will be determined by the surgery.
>>
>> 5:59 PM · Dec 11, 2023
>>

>> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734347326125433009
>
> Follow up: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734620997125378276
>
> Adam Schefter
> @AdamSchefter
> Now official: Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is undergoing season-ending surgery today on the fractured right index finger he suffered Sunday, per league source.
> 9:07 AM · Dec 12, 2023
>
> The silver lining is that clinches the season record prediction contest for me :D
>
> I doubt this happens, but if Dean is at all serious he will back up the Brinks truck, pay Jim Harbaugh whatever he wants and let him pick the GM he wants to work with.
>
> Michael

I can't believe how right you were about Staley. He had me fooled longer
than you.

I agree the Chargers need a force at head coach to overcome the stink of
this season.

--Robin

Re: Adam Schefter: Herbert likely to have surgery Tuesday

<c220bf85-bc1d-455d-b2bc-e0a05656bdc7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3977&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3977

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 16:28:09 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 00:28 UTC

On Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 3:53:48 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
> > On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 7:57:43 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> >> Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
> >>
> >> Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is very likely to undergo surgery Tuesday on
> >> his fractured right index finger, per source. Whether Herbert will have
> >> any chance to able to return this season will be determined by the surgery.
> >>
> >> 5:59 PM · Dec 11, 2023
> >>

> >> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734347326125433009
> >
> > Follow up: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734620997125378276
> >
> > Adam Schefter
> > @AdamSchefter
> > Now official: Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is undergoing season-ending surgery today on the fractured right index finger he suffered Sunday, per league source.
> > 9:07 AM · Dec 12, 2023
> >
> > The silver lining is that clinches the season record prediction contest for me :D
> >
> > I doubt this happens, but if Dean is at all serious he will back up the Brinks truck, pay Jim Harbaugh whatever he wants and let him pick the GM he wants to work with.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> I can't believe how right you were about Staley. He had me fooled longer
> than you.
>
> I agree the Chargers need a force at head coach to overcome the stink of
> this season.
>
> --Robin

I liked him a lot the first year. But when they signed all those defensive players last year and they still were unable to stop good teams, and of course the playoff collapse, it soured me big time on him. Popper has been giving him the business in press conferences this year, just by asking normal questions.

Probably the biggest red flag was when he played Williams in the meaningless game in Denver and got him hurt, then lied consistently that he would play against the Jags despite him not being at practice. His insistence on retaining defensive play calling authority has also hurt the team.

Michael