Rube Walker: "Hey, Yogi, what time is it?" Yogi Berra: "You mean now?"

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

SubjectAuthor
* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoRobin Miller
+* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Videophlash74
|+* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoRobin Miller
||`- I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Videoxyz
|`- I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoEddie Grove
`* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Videogrinch
 `* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoRobin Miller
  `* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Videophlash74
   `* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoRobin Miller
    `* I can't watch tonight's game on Prime VideoEddie Grove
     `- I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Videophlash74

1
I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<ku12jnFeimqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3980&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3980

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:16:01 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:16 UTC

Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
may tune in if the game is close at the end.

Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.

--Robin

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<57554e99-8db1-4a8a-b7e9-7430255718fan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3981&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3981

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:27:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:27 UTC

On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 11:16:09 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>
> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
>
> --Robin

I do have Prime Video but I'm not all that excited to watch the game either, especially with the news you shared about Keenan also being out. This might be the most depressing year of my 40 year Chargers fandom, even the horrible teams of the late 90s and early 2000s (pre-Brees/Rivers) had their moments but more importantly couldn't have reasonably been expected to win going into the season. I'm actually kind of hoping they lose out now and get as high a draft pick as possible, and more importantly that Telesco isn't the one making that pick.

BTW, I see this message when I access the group now - "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today." I've never gotten a newsreader, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to continue on past that date. Just in case, I want to thank you for your tireless efforts to find and share all Chargers news, Robin. When I joined the group in 2006, your friendliness and welcoming attitude was much appreciated and you've kept it up all these years. Just hoping they get their act together and win a Super Bowl for you and all of us long suffering fans!

Michael

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<ulgbco$3t6sr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3982&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3982

From: grinch@chargers.com (grinch)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:50:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: grinch - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 01:50 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>
> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.

Thank your lucky stars you are not watching it.

2 Charger turnovers in the shadows of their goal posts in 10 minutes.

Raiders having their way with the Chargers, 21-0 3:07 to go 1st quarter.

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<ku20jsFka3aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3987&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3987

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:48:06 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:48 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 11:16:09 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
>> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
>> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
>> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
>> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
>> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
>> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>>
>> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
>> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
>> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
>> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I do have Prime Video but I'm not all that excited to watch the game either, especially with the news you shared about Keenan also being out. This might be the most depressing year of my 40 year Chargers fandom, even the horrible teams of the late 90s and early 2000s (pre-Brees/Rivers) had their moments but more importantly couldn't have reasonably been expected to win going into the season. I'm actually kind of hoping they lose out now and get as high a draft pick as possible, and more importantly that Telesco isn't the one making that pick.
>
> BTW, I see this message when I access the group now - "Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today." I've never gotten a newsreader, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to continue on past that date. Just in case, I want to thank you for your tireless efforts to find and share all Chargers news, Robin. When I joined the group in 2006, your friendliness and welcoming attitude was much appreciated and you've kept it up all these years. Just hoping they get their act together and win a Super Bowl for you and all of us long suffering fans!
>
> Michael

Thanks for your kind words, Michael, but please don't leave. There are
so few of us left.

I use the free SeaMonkey software [https://www.seamonkey-project.org/]
for my newsreader, and I use individual.net (10 euros a year) for my
Usenet access. It's easy.

--Robin

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<ku20l6Fka3aU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3988&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3988

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:48:48 -0500

grinch wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>

>> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
>> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
>> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
>> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
>> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
>> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
>> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>>
>> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
>> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
>> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
>> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
>

> Thank your lucky stars you are not watching it.
>
> 2 Charger turnovers in the shadows of their goal posts in 10 minutes.
>
> Raiders having their way with the Chargers, 21-0 3:07 to go 1st quarter.

It got worse. Much worse.

Sigh.

--Robin

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<87il50gkvk.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3989&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3989

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 20:17:19 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:17 UTC

phlash74 <phlash74@msn.com> writes:

> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 11:16:09 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
>> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
>> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
>> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
>> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
>> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
>> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>>
>> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
>> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
>> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
>> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I do have Prime Video but I'm not all that excited to watch the game
> either, especially with the news you shared about Keenan also being
> out. This might be the most depressing year of my 40 year Chargers
> fandom, even the horrible teams of the late 90s and early 2000s
> (pre-Brees/Rivers) had their moments but more importantly couldn't
> have reasonably been expected to win going into the season. I'm
> actually kind of hoping they lose out now and get as high a draft pick
> as possible, and more importantly that Telesco isn't the one making
> that pick.
>
> BTW, I see this message when I access the group now - "Effective
> February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content
> from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical
> data will still be supported as it is done today." I've never gotten a
> newsreader, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to continue on past that
> date. Just in case, I want to thank you for your tireless efforts to
> find and share all Chargers news, Robin. When I joined the group in
> 2006, your friendliness and welcoming attitude was much appreciated
> and you've kept it up all these years. Just hoping they get their act
> together and win a Super Bowl for you and all of us long suffering
> fans!
>
> Michael

I doesn't need to cost much. I paid astraweb.com $15 or $25 years ago,
so long I've forgotten what I paid, and see no reason I will have to pay
again. You pay them for bandwidth, and text groups are essentially
nothing. The one drawback is that they don't censor anything, and some
new spammers are overloading many newsgroups. I see a handful of those
posts a day here, and it may get eventually get into the hundreds.

However, they all post with mail addresses from hotmail or gmail, so if
we agree not to identify ourselves that way it would be easy to set up
simple killfiles.

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<28684eb7-60a8-45c0-a3c0-d6f7b8c26caan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3991&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3991

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 20:45:18 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 04:45 UTC

On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 7:48:57 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> grinch wrote:
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote in
> >

> >> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
> >> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo is
> >> also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an Amazon
> >> Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one month. I could
> >> of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on one of the many
> >> semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out, what's the point? I
> >> may tune in if the game is close at the end.
> >>
> >> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
> >> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
> >> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I always
> >> enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
> >

> > Thank your lucky stars you are not watching it.
> >
> > 2 Charger turnovers in the shadows of their goal posts in 10 minutes.
> >
> > Raiders having their way with the Chargers, 21-0 3:07 to go 1st quarter..
> >
> It got worse. Much worse.
>
> Sigh.
>
> --Robin

I watched the whole thing, it was like a car wreck I couldn't turn away from. I was hoping they would set the record for most points allowed.

Fucking Ekeler had the balls to make the first down symbol after a 10 yard screen pass while they were down 63-7. Just pathetic and embarrassing. Stone Smartt nullified a Davis punt return TD by holding the GD punter who had no chance of making a play on Davis. A big fat Raiders d lineman returned a fumble 45 yards for a TD and no Charger player even pretended to try to run him down.

Michael

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<ku2702Flnb2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3992&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3992

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 00:37:00 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 05:37 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 7:48:57 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> grinch wrote:
>>> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote in

>>> Thank your lucky stars you are not watching it.
>>>
>>> 2 Charger turnovers in the shadows of their goal posts in 10 minutes.
>>>
>>> Raiders having their way with the Chargers, 21-0 3:07 to go 1st quarter.
>>>
>> It got worse. Much worse.
>>
>> Sigh.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I watched the whole thing, it was like a car wreck I couldn't turn away from. I was hoping they would set the record for most points allowed.
>
> Fucking Ekeler had the balls to make the first down symbol after a 10 yard screen pass while they were down 63-7. Just pathetic and embarrassing. Stone Smartt nullified a Davis punt return TD by holding the GD punter who had no chance of making a play on Davis. A big fat Raiders d lineman returned a fumble 45 yards for a TD and no Charger player even pretended to try to run him down.
>
> Michael

They gave up. I saw the replay on one of the first half TD passes and
James appeared to be running half speed after the receiver who caught
the pass in the end zone. Pathetic.

--Robin

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<4f7e7cb52778dc3f4d1841b1d5703952@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=3994&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#3994

From: z@y.z (xyz)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:18:51 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
 by: xyz - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:18 UTC

> phlash74 wrote:
>> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 11:16:09 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller
>> wrote:
>>> Even though I paid YouTube TV $350 for their NFL package, it doesn't
>>> include these streaming exclusives. Next Saturday's game at Buffalo
>>> is also streaming. Tonight's game is on Prime Video, and I'm not an
>>> Amazon Prime member and am not going to pay $15 to join for one
>>> month. I could of course watch the game (as I have in years past) on
>>> one of the many semi-illegal streaming sites. But with Herbert out,
>>> what's the point? I may tune in if the game is close at the end.
>>>
>>> Next Saturday's game is on Peacock, and I may subscribe for a month
>>> because I want to watch the new "Mr Monk" movie with my mother. The
>>> movie is exclusive to that streaming service, and my mom and I
>>> always enjoyed the "Mr. Monk" TV series.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> I do have Prime Video but I'm not all that excited to watch the game
>> either, especially with the news you shared about Keenan also being
>> out. This might be the most depressing year of my 40 year Chargers
>> fandom, even the horrible teams of the late 90s and early 2000s
>> (pre-Brees/Rivers) had their moments but more importantly couldn't
>> have reasonably been expected to win going into the season. I'm
>> actually kind of hoping they lose out now and get as high a draft
>> pick as possible, and more importantly that Telesco isn't the one
>> making that pick.
>>
>> BTW, I see this message when I access the group now - "Effective
>> February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet
>> content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content
>> from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of
>> historical data will still be supported as it is done today." I've
>> never gotten a newsreader, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to
>> continue on past that date. Just in case, I want to thank you for
>> your tireless efforts to find and share all Chargers news, Robin.
>> When I joined the group in 2006, your friendliness and welcoming
>> attitude was much appreciated and you've kept it up all these years.
>> Just hoping they get their act together and win a Super Bowl for you
>> and all of us long suffering fans!
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Thanks for your kind words, Michael, but please don't leave. There are
> so few of us left.
>
> I use the free SeaMonkey software [https://www.seamonkey-project.org/]
> for my newsreader, and I use individual.net (10 euros a year) for my
> Usenet access. It's easy.
>
> --Robin

Free news server, no registration, can use with any client.

paganini.bofh.team, port 119

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<87o7erkt4b.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4008&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4008

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:17:56 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 22:17 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> phlash74 wrote:

>> big fat Raiders d lineman returned a fumble 45 yards for a TD and no
>> Charger player even pretended to try to run him down.

> James appeared to be running half speed after the receiver who caught
> the pass in the end zone. Pathetic.

I watched the NFL network replay, and the announcers praised James for
his speed! I kid you not. They said he hit 17 mph and that it was
impressive.

I felt like I was watching a slo-mo replay.

Anyway, the next time they quote some nextgen player speed,
I'm not going to take the numbers seriously.

Eddie

Re: I can't watch tonight's game on Prime Video

<816a09d0-9b55-4cf7-9f02-3edd38ae3268n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4009&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4009

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:30:30 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 23:30 UTC

On Friday, December 15, 2023 at 2:18:00 PM UTC-8, Eddie Grove wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> writes:
> > phlash74 wrote:
>
> >> big fat Raiders d lineman returned a fumble 45 yards for a TD and no
> >> Charger player even pretended to try to run him down.
> > James appeared to be running half speed after the receiver who caught
> > the pass in the end zone. Pathetic.
> I watched the NFL network replay, and the announcers praised James for
> his speed! I kid you not. They said he hit 17 mph and that it was
> impressive.
>
> I felt like I was watching a slo-mo replay.
>
> Anyway, the next time they quote some nextgen player speed,
> I'm not going to take the numbers seriously.
>
> Eddie

My favorite quote of the night was during the pregame, they said Stick had gained confidence running the scout team in practice against the first team defense. All I could think was of course, any QB would gain confidence going against Staley's defense.

Second best quote was Richard Sherman at halftime saying he doesn't like to call for people's jobs, but the Chargers should go ahead and fire Staley - at halftime. Just get him an Uber to the hotel.

Michael