From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: USA Today: Report: Chargers interested in Jim Harbaugh for head
coaching job
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:02:10 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:02 UTC

RM: We need a better source than Bleacher Report, and this doesn't go
into the separate factor of whether Harbaugh is interested in the
Chargers, but it's something.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/20/chargers-jim-harbaugh-interest-head-coach/

Report: Chargers interested in Jim Harbaugh for head coaching job

Gavino Borquez
December 20, 2023 11:25 am PT

According to Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz, the Chargers are
interested in Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh for their head coaching job.

“It’s unclear if the feeling is mutual, as Harbaugh gets set to coach
the Wolverines in their third consecutive College Football Playoff
appearance,” Schultz added.

Harbaugh is heading into his third straight College Football Playoff
appearance with Michigan, who will face Alabama on New Year’s Day.

Harbaugh has drawn interest from NFL teams in the last two offseasons.
He had an interview with the Vikings in 2022 and the Broncos in 2023 for
their head coaching vacancies. He returned to coach the Wolverines both
times.

Harbaugh was the head coach of the 49ers for four seasons, finishing
with a 44-19-1 record and leading them to a Super Bowl appearance in 2013.

Given his experience and success as a head coach at the college and
professional level, it is no surprise that the Chargers are interested
in Harbaugh.

It will come down to if Harbaugh is ready to leap back into the NFL.
According to Sports Illustrated’s Richard Johnson, Michigan is working
on a five-year contract extension for Harbaugh that is worth $11 million
per year.

However, something could hold Harbaugh back from returning, as he could
be facing a season-long suspension in 2024 for Michigan allegedly
stealing signs in an illegal fashion through the use of advanced
scouting and technology.

Should he decide to return to the NFL, Harbaugh will likely be at the
top of the Chargers’ wish list.

Re: USA Today: Report: Chargers interested in Jim Harbaugh for head coaching job

<87bkakjz8k.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4033&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4033

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: USA Today: Report: Chargers interested in Jim Harbaugh for head coaching job
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:16:59 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:16 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> RM: We need a better source than Bleacher Report, and this doesn't go
> into the separate factor of whether Harbaugh is interested in the
> Chargers, but it's something.
>

> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/20/chargers-jim-harbaugh-interest-head-coach/
>

> Report: Chargers interested in Jim Harbaugh for head coaching job

The question is "How interested?"
Are they willing to pay him $15M/year? $20M/year? $25M/year? $30M/year?

Harbaugh is the de facto #1 coaching prospect, and there is no #2.

He should ask to be the top paid coach in the NFL, both per year and
total guarantees. Perhaps he should accept a lesser offer if the
situation is ideal for him, but who knows what factors other than the
roster and cap situation matter to him.

Eddie