From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Pleased with last night's result
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:46:01 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 17:46 UTC

Not pleased that they lost at the end again, but pleased that they
played hard and mostly well and with minimal screw-ups, and interim HC
Giff Smith looked like a football coach and his enthusiasm must have
been contagious.

--Robin

Re: Pleased with last night's result

<87sf3rxryv.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4113&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4113

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Pleased with last night's result
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 12:31:36 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 20:31 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Not pleased that they lost at the end again, but pleased that they
> played hard and mostly well and with minimal screw-ups, and interim HC
> Giff Smith looked like a football coach and his enthusiasm must have
> been contagious.
>
> --Robin

I'm ambivalent. I agree that it looked much better. However ...

The level of QB runs is not sustainable.
Is this really the time to risk QB injury?

Eddie

Re: Pleased with last night's result

<umamql$2pbnj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4115&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4115

From: maximusheadroom@gmx.com (max headroom)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 14:06:13 -0800
 by: max headroom - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 22:06 UTC

In news:87sf3rxryv.fsf@hotmail.com, Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hotmail.com> typed:

> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

>> Not pleased that they lost at the end again, but pleased that they
>> played hard and mostly well and with minimal screw-ups, and interim
>> HC Giff Smith looked like a football coach and his enthusiasm must
>> have been contagious.

>> --Robin

> I'm ambivalent. I agree that it looked much better. However ...

> The level of QB runs is not sustainable.
> Is this really the time to risk QB injury?

What better time?

Re: Pleased with last night's result

<87frzqejvw.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4116&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4116

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 01:01:07 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Mon, 25 Dec 2023 09:01 UTC

"max headroom" <maximusheadroom@gmx.com> writes:

> In news:87sf3rxryv.fsf@hotmail.com, Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hotmail.com> typed:
>
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>>> Not pleased that they lost at the end again, but pleased that they
>>> played hard and mostly well and with minimal screw-ups, and interim
>>> HC Giff Smith looked like a football coach and his enthusiasm must
>>> have been contagious.
>
>>> --Robin
>
>> I'm ambivalent. I agree that it looked much better. However ...
>
>> The level of QB runs is not sustainable.
>> Is this really the time to risk QB injury?
>
> What better time?

When you are in the playoffs.

I thought it was stupid how much IND used Richardson as a runner. If you
have serious hopes for a superbowl run, there could be an exception for
a particular game in the regular season such as PHI risking Hurts in a
game vs DAL with the division on the line, but I don't think just being
not eliminated from the playoffs yet is a good enough reason.

QBs take many hits on throwing plays as it is. A significant amount of
danger is unavoidable. That doesn't mean you should blithely ignore the
toll additional hits accumulate on the player. Just my opinion, obviously.