From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Chargers' opponents next season
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 20:15:57 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 01:15 UTC

People are treating this as accurate:

--Robin

Powder Blue Blood @pwdrblueblood

With NE’s loss today, the Chargers 2024 opponents are set.

⁃vs./@ Chiefs
⁃vs./@ Broncos
⁃vs./@ Raiders
⁃@ Steelers
⁃@ Browns
⁃vs. Ravens
⁃vs. Bengals
⁃@ Falcons
⁃@ Panthers
⁃vs. Saints
⁃vs. Bucs
⁃vs. Titans
⁃@ Patriots
⁃@ Cardinals

4:30 PM · Dec 31, 2023

https://twitter.com/pwdrblueblood/status/1741572448372596998

Re: Chargers' opponents next season

<60f6203c-0069-4c91-9976-5ba74ddb4955n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4126&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4126

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 00:17:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Chargers' opponents next season
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 08:17 UTC

On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 5:16:01 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> People are treating this as accurate:
>
> --Robin
>

> Powder Blue Blood @pwdrblueblood
>
> With NE’s loss today, the Chargers 2024 opponents are set.
>
> ⁃vs./@ Chiefs
> ⁃vs./@ Broncos
> ⁃vs./@ Raiders
> ⁃@ Steelers
> ⁃@ Browns
> ⁃vs. Ravens
> ⁃vs. Bengals
> ⁃@ Falcons
> ⁃@ Panthers
> ⁃vs. Saints
> ⁃vs. Bucs
> ⁃vs. Titans
> ⁃@ Patriots
> ⁃@ Cardinals
>
> 4:30 PM · Dec 31, 2023
>
> https://twitter.com/pwdrblueblood/status/1741572448372596998

It's definitely correct, as the Chargers have clinched last place in the AFC West and the Titans, Patriots, and Cardinals clinched last place in their respective divisions. All other opponents are according to the normal divisional rotation.

On the surface it looks like an easier schedule than this year's, especially the games against the NFC South. The AFC North will be tough though.

Michael

Re: Chargers' opponents next season

<kvg6osFrbo1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4128&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4128

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:15:22 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:15 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 5:16:01 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> People are treating this as accurate:
>>
>> --Robin
>>

>> Powder Blue Blood @pwdrblueblood
>>
>> With NE’s loss today, the Chargers 2024 opponents are set.
>>
>> ⁃vs./@ Chiefs
>> ⁃vs./@ Broncos
>> ⁃vs./@ Raiders
>> ⁃@ Steelers
>> ⁃@ Browns
>> ⁃vs. Ravens
>> ⁃vs. Bengals
>> ⁃@ Falcons
>> ⁃@ Panthers
>> ⁃vs. Saints
>> ⁃vs. Bucs
>> ⁃vs. Titans
>> ⁃@ Patriots
>> ⁃@ Cardinals
>>
>> 4:30 PM · Dec 31, 2023
>>
>> https://twitter.com/pwdrblueblood/status/1741572448372596998
>
> It's definitely correct, as the Chargers have clinched last place in the AFC West and the Titans, Patriots, and Cardinals clinched last place in their respective divisions. All other opponents are according to the normal divisional rotation.
>
> On the surface it looks like an easier schedule than this year's, especially the games against the NFC South. The AFC North will be tough though.
>
> Michael

Thanks. I don't actually keep track of how the schedules are created.

--Robin

Re: Chargers' opponents next season

<fc686512-1726-4ed2-a713-4757a117792dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4132&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4132

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:34:21 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 23:34 UTC

On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 8:15:26 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 5:16:01 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> >> People are treating this as accurate:
> >>
> >> --Robin
> >>

> >> Powder Blue Blood @pwdrblueblood
> >>
> >> With NE’s loss today, the Chargers 2024 opponents are set.
> >>
> >> ⁃vs./@ Chiefs
> >> ⁃vs./@ Broncos
> >> ⁃vs./@ Raiders
> >> ⁃@ Steelers
> >> ⁃@ Browns
> >> ⁃vs. Ravens
> >> ⁃vs. Bengals
> >> ⁃@ Falcons
> >> ⁃@ Panthers
> >> ⁃vs. Saints
> >> ⁃vs. Bucs
> >> ⁃vs. Titans
> >> ⁃@ Patriots
> >> ⁃@ Cardinals
> >>
> >> 4:30 PM · Dec 31, 2023
> >>
> >> https://twitter.com/pwdrblueblood/status/1741572448372596998
> >
> > It's definitely correct, as the Chargers have clinched last place in the AFC West and the Titans, Patriots, and Cardinals clinched last place in their respective divisions. All other opponents are according to the normal divisional rotation.
> >
> > On the surface it looks like an easier schedule than this year's, especially the games against the NFC South. The AFC North will be tough though.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> Thanks. I don't actually keep track of how the schedules are created.
>
> --Robin

Basically it goes like this:
* Every year, you obviously have 6 games home and away within the division.
* Each team in your division plays each team in another division within the conference (4 games). The division rotates so that you play each division once every three years, with the home and road alternating so that you play every team in your conference that's not in your division at least twice in six years with one home game and one road game.
* Each team in your division plays each team in one division in the other conference (4 games). Same rotation applies as for the intraconference games, except it takes 8 years to complete the cycle as there are 4 divisions in the other conference.
* The last three games break down to one home game and one road game against the team that finished in the same position as you in the other divisions within the conference (so the Chiefs will be playing the winner of the AFC South and AFC East next year) and an extra game against the other conference, again based on finishing position (so the Chiefs will be playing at the 49ers). This 17th game alternates between home and road each year, so the Chargers got 9 home games this year with the extra game being the home game against Dallas, next year they'll have just 8 with the extra game in Arizona.

Michael

Re: Chargers' opponents next season

<kvh8caF2e5aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4133&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4133

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 20:48:56 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 01:48 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 8:15:26 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> phlash74 wrote:

>>> It's definitely correct, as the Chargers have clinched last place in the AFC West and the Titans, Patriots, and Cardinals clinched last place in their respective divisions. All other opponents are according to the normal divisional rotation.
>>>
>>> On the surface it looks like an easier schedule than this year's, especially the games against the NFC South. The AFC North will be tough though.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>> Thanks. I don't actually keep track of how the schedules are created.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> Basically it goes like this:
> * Every year, you obviously have 6 games home and away within the division.
> * Each team in your division plays each team in another division within the conference (4 games). The division rotates so that you play each division once every three years, with the home and road alternating so that you play every team in your conference that's not in your division at least twice in six years with one home game and one road game.
> * Each team in your division plays each team in one division in the other conference (4 games). Same rotation applies as for the intraconference games, except it takes 8 years to complete the cycle as there are 4 divisions in the other conference.
> * The last three games break down to one home game and one road game against the team that finished in the same position as you in the other divisions within the conference (so the Chiefs will be playing the winner of the AFC South and AFC East next year) and an extra game against the other conference, again based on finishing position (so the Chiefs will be playing at the 49ers). This 17th game alternates between home and road each year, so the Chargers got 9 home games this year with the extra game being the home game against Dallas, next year they'll have just 8 with the extra game in Arizona.
>
> Michael

Oh, I know it's something like that. I've just never been bothered to
remember it!

Thanks,
Robin