The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

SubjectAuthor
* Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todayRobin Miller
`* Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todayRobin Miller
 +* Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todayphlash74
 |`- Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todaysteve g
 `* Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todayRobin Miller
  `- Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel todayphlash74

1
Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<l0u77cFp2gfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4191&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4191

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:05:10 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 03:05 UTC

I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:

https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search-mike-vrabel-5-things

--Robin

Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<l0u7d1Fp2gfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4192&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4192

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 22:08:11 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 03:08 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:
>
> https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search-mike-vrabel-5-things
>

> --Robin

This is the 11th interview for HC, with at least four more remaining:

Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in December
that ownership would “cast a wide net” in the searches for a new coach
and new GM. The Chargers have stuck to that. Vrabel would be the 11th
head coach candidate they have interviewed in the cycle. They also
reportedly have four remaining requests to coordinators — Detroit Lions
offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions defensive coordinator Aaron
Glenn, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Los Angeles
Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. The Vrabel interview feels
like the Chargers continuing this trend and doing their due diligence
with candidates that fit their mold. — Popper

Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<b5091d99-7b4c-4fa9-94dc-35e74da93177n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4193&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4193

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 19:20:29 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 03:20 UTC

On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 7:08:19 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:
> >
> > https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search-mike-vrabel-5-things
> >

> > --Robin
> This is the 11th interview for HC, with at least four more remaining:
>

> Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in December
> that ownership would “cast a wide net” in the searches for a new coach
> and new GM. The Chargers have stuck to that. Vrabel would be the 11th
> head coach candidate they have interviewed in the cycle. They also
> reportedly have four remaining requests to coordinators — Detroit Lions
> offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions defensive coordinator Aaron
> Glenn, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Los Angeles
> Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. The Vrabel interview feels
> like the Chargers continuing this trend and doing their due diligence
> with candidates that fit their mold. — Popper

I read that Johnson is interviewing (presumably via Zoom) on Saturday, just one day before the Lions play the Bucs in the divisional round. Seems a bit odd.

Michael

Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<uodfjd$dm0s$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4194&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4194

From: steveg@_invalid.com (steve g)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:32:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: steve g - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:32 UTC

phlash74 <phlash74@msn.com> wrote in

> On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 7:08:19 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller
> wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>> >
>> > I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:
>> >
>> > https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search
>> > -mi
> ke-vrabel-5-things
>> >

>> > --Robin
>> This is the 11th interview for HC, with at least four more remaining:
>>

>> Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in
>> December that ownership would “cast a wide net” in the searches
>> fo
> r a new coach
>> and new GM. The Chargers have stuck to that. Vrabel would be the 11th
>> head coach candidate they have interviewed in the cycle. They also
>> reportedly have four remaining requests to coordinators — Detroit
> Lions
>> offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions defensive coordinator Aaron
>> Glenn, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Los Angeles
>> Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. The Vrabel interview feels
>> like the Chargers continuing this trend and doing their due diligence
>> with candidates that fit their mold. — Popper
>
> I read that Johnson is interviewing (presumably via Zoom) on Saturday,
> just one day before the Lions play the Bucs in the divisional round.
> Seems a bit odd.

If Johnson is smart he'll stay where he is and become part of NFL history.

Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<l0vob7F3m39U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4195&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4195

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 12:03:28 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:03 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:
>>
>> https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search-mike-vrabel-5-things
>>

>> --Robin
>

> This is the 11th interview for HC, with at least four more remaining:
>

> Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in December
> that ownership would “cast a wide net” in the searches for a new coach
> and new GM. The Chargers have stuck to that. Vrabel would be the 11th
> head coach candidate they have interviewed in the cycle. They also
> reportedly have four remaining requests to coordinators — Detroit Lions
> offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions defensive coordinator Aaron
> Glenn, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Los Angeles
> Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. The Vrabel interview feels
> like the Chargers continuing this trend and doing their due diligence
> with candidates that fit their mold. — Popper

All interviews requested by the Chargers will be completed by tomorrow
(Saturday). The schedule is:

Friday: Cowboys DC Dan Quinn

Saturday: Lions OC Ben Johnson, Lions DC Aaron Glenn, Rams DC Raheem Morris

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet [Thursday]

Lions OC Ben Johnson will speak to the Panthers and Commanders tomorrow
about their HC vacancies, then he has the Chargers and Seahawks on Saturday.

2:25 PM · Jan 18, 2024

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Thursday]

Cowboys DC Dan Quinn had/has the Commanders and Seahawks on the docket
today for head-coach interviews with the Chargers coming up tomorrow,
source says.

6:31 PM · Jan 18, 2024

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Thursday]

Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris has head-coach interviews
scheduled with the Chargers and Falcons on Saturday, per source. He's
scheduled for an interview today with the Commanders and Seahawks on Friday.

4:28 PM · Jan 18, 2024

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Friday]

Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn will interview today with the
Falcons and Titans, and tomorrow he'll interview with the Commanders and
Chargers, per sources.

9:26 AM · Jan 19, 2024

--Robin

Re: Chargers interviewed Mike Vrabel today

<735ec22c-9eb8-489f-978a-dedfb6b83804n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4196&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4196

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 12:38:42 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Fri, 19 Jan 2024 20:38 UTC

On Friday, January 19, 2024 at 9:03:38 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
> > Robin Miller wrote:
> >>
> >> I think he's my backup if Harbaugh doesn't take the job:
> >>
> >> https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-head-coach-search-mike-vrabel-5-things
> >>

> >> --Robin
> >

> > This is the 11th interview for HC, with at least four more remaining:
> >

> > Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in December
> > that ownership would “cast a wide net” in the searches for a new coach
> > and new GM. The Chargers have stuck to that. Vrabel would be the 11th
> > head coach candidate they have interviewed in the cycle. They also
> > reportedly have four remaining requests to coordinators — Detroit Lions
> > offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Lions defensive coordinator Aaron
> > Glenn, Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Los Angeles
> > Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris. The Vrabel interview feels
> > like the Chargers continuing this trend and doing their due diligence
> > with candidates that fit their mold. — Popper
> >
> All interviews requested by the Chargers will be completed by tomorrow
> (Saturday). The schedule is:
>
> Friday: Cowboys DC Dan Quinn
>
> Saturday: Lions OC Ben Johnson, Lions DC Aaron Glenn, Rams DC Raheem Morris
>

> Ian Rapoport @RapSheet [Thursday]
>
> Lions OC Ben Johnson will speak to the Panthers and Commanders tomorrow
> about their HC vacancies, then he has the Chargers and Seahawks on Saturday.
>
> 2:25 PM · Jan 18, 2024
>

> Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Thursday]
>
> Cowboys DC Dan Quinn had/has the Commanders and Seahawks on the docket
> today for head-coach interviews with the Chargers coming up tomorrow,
> source says.
>
> 6:31 PM · Jan 18, 2024
>

> Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Thursday]
>
> Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris has head-coach interviews
> scheduled with the Chargers and Falcons on Saturday, per source. He's
> scheduled for an interview today with the Commanders and Seahawks on Friday.
>
> 4:28 PM · Jan 18, 2024
>

> Jonathan Jones @jjones9 [Friday]
>
> Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn will interview today with the
> Falcons and Titans, and tomorrow he'll interview with the Commanders and
> Chargers, per sources.
>
> 9:26 AM · Jan 19, 2024
>

> --Robin

Wonder how long these Zoom interviews last. I think Ben Johnson is a likely candidate for the Washington job. Quinn might still land in Seattle.

Heard that the Raiders are working on a deal to offer interim coach Antonio Pierce the full-time job per Schefter: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1748442787836547397

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Raiders are working to finalize a deal to hire Antonio Pierce as their head coach, per sources.

Raiders made Pierce their interim HC on Halloween night and now are closing in on making it a full-time job. Players who campaigned for Pierce soon are expected to be happy.

Michael