From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 12:31:27 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
 by: Robin Miller - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 17:31 UTC

Guilty As Charged Podcast @GACPodcast17

The Chargers are expected to conduct a second round of head coach
interviews next week with 4-6 candidates, per JFowler ESPN on
Sportscenter just now.

11:36 AM · Jan 20, 2024

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1748746266606010426

Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?

<970d5b67-cee1-47d6-ac41-e56727878367n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4198&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4198

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 18:05:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?
From: reneg1971@gmail.com (ReneG)
 by: ReneG - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:05 UTC

The longer it goes, it feels less and less likely we will get Harbough. Are the Spanii dragging their feet so another team gets him and they can say, we tried?

Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?

<l164p9F9r7rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4199&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4199

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 22:12:39 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 03:12 UTC

ReneG wrote:
> The longer it goes, it feels less and less likely we will get Harbough. Are the Spanii dragging their feet so another team gets him and they can say, we tried?

I don't think so. I read on Twitter (from a well-known reporter) that
Harbaugh isn't expected to make his decision for a few days. He's
interviewed twice with Atlanta and only once with the Chargers, but I've
read that the Falcons are still likely to hire Belichick.

I think the Chargers want to be able to say that they conducted an
extensive search and found the best candidate. They've talked to 16
different candidates. I've never seen a search that wide.

Let's hope it's Harbaugh.

--Robin

Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?

<4bb9421d-9982-410d-a88a-d174ee0dc785n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4200&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4200

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 22:19:09 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:19 UTC

On Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 7:12:44 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> ReneG wrote:
> > The longer it goes, it feels less and less likely we will get Harbough. Are the Spanii dragging their feet so another team gets him and they can say, we tried?
> >
> I don't think so. I read on Twitter (from a well-known reporter) that
> Harbaugh isn't expected to make his decision for a few days. He's
> interviewed twice with Atlanta and only once with the Chargers, but I've
> read that the Falcons are still likely to hire Belichick.
>
> I think the Chargers want to be able to say that they conducted an
> extensive search and found the best candidate. They've talked to 16
> different candidates. I've never seen a search that wide.
>
> Let's hope it's Harbaugh.
>
> --Robin

I 100% believe Harbaugh is deciding between the Chargers and returning to Michigan. I don't think the second interview with Atlanta has taken place yet, it was reported yesterday that it had been scheduled. They have interviewed Belichick twice. Also, I think the Falcons still need to interview at least one minority candidate in person to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

A report came out that the Chargers blocked Kellen Moore from interviewing for the Bears' OC job, they may be hoping to keep Herbert in the same offense next year if the new coach - whoever it is - doesn't have their own offensive coordinator lined up.

Michael

Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?

<l16gv6FbvtaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4201&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4201

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:40:37 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:40 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Sunday, January 21, 2024 at 7:12:44 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> ReneG wrote:
>>> The longer it goes, it feels less and less likely we will get Harbough. Are the Spanii dragging their feet so another team gets him and they can say, we tried?
>>>
>> I don't think so. I read on Twitter (from a well-known reporter) that
>> Harbaugh isn't expected to make his decision for a few days. He's
>> interviewed twice with Atlanta and only once with the Chargers, but I've
>> read that the Falcons are still likely to hire Belichick.
>>
>> I think the Chargers want to be able to say that they conducted an
>> extensive search and found the best candidate. They've talked to 16
>> different candidates. I've never seen a search that wide.
>>
>> Let's hope it's Harbaugh.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I 100% believe Harbaugh is deciding between the Chargers and returning to Michigan. I don't think the second interview with Atlanta has taken place yet, it was reported yesterday that it had been scheduled. They have interviewed Belichick twice. Also, I think the Falcons still need to interview at least one minority candidate in person to satisfy the Rooney Rule.
>
> A report came out that the Chargers blocked Kellen Moore from interviewing for the Bears' OC job, they may be hoping to keep Herbert in the same offense next year if the new coach - whoever it is - doesn't have their own offensive coordinator lined up.
>
> Michael

I didn't hear that about Kellen Moore. I suppose I am a little
surprised, even though I know they don't want Herbert to change
offensive coordinators every season.

You're probably right about Harbaugh.

--Robin

Re: Chargers narrowing HC search to 4-6?

<l16hn0Fc4e3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4202&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4202

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:53:18 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 06:53 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
>>>>
>>> I don't think so. I read on Twitter (from a well-known reporter) that
>>> Harbaugh isn't expected to make his decision for a few days. He's
>>> interviewed twice with Atlanta and only once with the Chargers, but I've
>>> read that the Falcons are still likely to hire Belichick.
>>>
>>> I think the Chargers want to be able to say that they conducted an
>>> extensive search and found the best candidate. They've talked to 16
>>> different candidates. I've never seen a search that wide.
>>>
>>> Let's hope it's Harbaugh.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>
>> I 100% believe Harbaugh is deciding between the Chargers and returning
>> to Michigan. I don't think the second interview with Atlanta has taken
>> place yet, it was reported yesterday that it had been scheduled. They
>> have interviewed Belichick twice. Also, I think the Falcons still need
>> to interview at least one minority candidate in person to satisfy the
>> Rooney Rule.
>>
>> A report came out that the Chargers blocked Kellen Moore from
>> interviewing for the Bears' OC job, they may be hoping to keep Herbert
>> in the same offense next year if the new coach - whoever it is -
>> doesn't have their own offensive coordinator lined up.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> I didn't hear that about Kellen Moore. I suppose I am a little
> surprised, even though I know they don't want Herbert to change
> offensive coordinators every season.
>
> You're probably right about Harbaugh.
>
> --Robin

And the Chargers have completed first interviews with 10 GM candidates
(although two have been hired by other teams already):

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1748898101342142776

--Robin