[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching. -- Tris Speaker, 1921

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

SubjectAuthor
* Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time thiphlash74
`* Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timeRobin Miller
 +* Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timephlash74
 |`* Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timeRobin Miller
 | `- Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timeRobin Miller
 `* Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timeReneG
  `* Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timephlash74
   `- Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second timeRobin Miller

1
Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<bde968b4-1091-4a94-aef4-95aa47d58300n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4203&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4203

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 10:36:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for
second time this week
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:36 UTC

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1749473010342306304

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to meet this week for a second time with the Los Angeles Chargers about their head-coaching job, per sources.
8:44 AM · Jan 22, 2024

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<l18b3uFmfnoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4204&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4204

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
second time this week
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:13:00 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 23:13 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1749473010342306304
>
> Adam Schefter
> @AdamSchefter
> Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to meet this week for a second time with the Los Angeles Chargers about their head-coaching job, per sources.
> 8:44 AM · Jan 22, 2024

Sounds positive. The Chargers are probably going to have to offer him a
five-year contract, or something like that, to compete with Michigan's
offer, which is probably for as close to a lifetime contract as a coach
ever gets.

Some other info bits from this afternoon:

Vic Tafur @VicTafur

Former Chargers GM Tom Telesco is in Las Vegas for a second interview
for the Raiders GM job.

1:18 PM · Jan 22, 2024

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN

Source: The Chargers are interviewing NFL chief football administrative
officer Dawn Aponte for their general manager job.

Aponte has extensive league experience as an executive with three front
offices (Dolphins, Jets, Browns).

3:30 PM · Jan 22, 2024

--Robin

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<8fde522f-55d7-448f-8012-d9763ddea58fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4205&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4205

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 19:12:24 -0800 (PST)
second time this week
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 03:12 UTC

On Monday, January 22, 2024 at 3:13:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
> > https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1749473010342306304
> >
> > Adam Schefter
> > @AdamSchefter
> > Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to meet this week for a second time with the Los Angeles Chargers about their head-coaching job, per sources.
> > 8:44 AM · Jan 22, 2024
> >
> Sounds positive. The Chargers are probably going to have to offer him a
> five-year contract, or something like that, to compete with Michigan's
> offer, which is probably for as close to a lifetime contract as a coach
> ever gets.
>
> Some other info bits from this afternoon:
>

> Vic Tafur @VicTafur
>
> Former Chargers GM Tom Telesco is in Las Vegas for a second interview
> for the Raiders GM job.
>
> 1:18 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>

> Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
>
> Source: The Chargers are interviewing NFL chief football administrative
> officer Dawn Aponte for their general manager job.
>
> Aponte has extensive league experience as an executive with three front
> offices (Dolphins, Jets, Browns).
>
> 3:30 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>

> --Robin

Take this with as many grains of salt as you need (source is apparently some UM message board info):
https://twitter.com/cmsinclar/status/1749592771902439721

Charlie Sinclair
@cmsinclar
Some Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers intel

-Jim Harbaugh’s flight to LA is scheduled for tonight
-His wife Sarah will be accompanying him on the trip to LA
-Still only one scheduled second interview for the Chargers
From on3.com
4:39 PM · Jan 22, 2024

re: the second point, house hunting?

Michael

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<l196d4Fr10tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4206&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4206

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
second time this week
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 01:58:43 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 06:58 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2024 at 3:13:05 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> phlash74 wrote:
>>> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1749473010342306304
>>>
>>> Adam Schefter
>>> @AdamSchefter
>>> Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is expected to meet this week for a second time with the Los Angeles Chargers about their head-coaching job, per sources.
>>> 8:44 AM · Jan 22, 2024
>>>
>> Sounds positive. The Chargers are probably going to have to offer him a
>> five-year contract, or something like that, to compete with Michigan's
>> offer, which is probably for as close to a lifetime contract as a coach
>> ever gets.
>>
>> Some other info bits from this afternoon:
>>

>> Vic Tafur @VicTafur
>>
>> Former Chargers GM Tom Telesco is in Las Vegas for a second interview
>> for the Raiders GM job.
>>
>> 1:18 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>>

>> Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
>>
>> Source: The Chargers are interviewing NFL chief football administrative
>> officer Dawn Aponte for their general manager job.
>>
>> Aponte has extensive league experience as an executive with three front
>> offices (Dolphins, Jets, Browns).
>>
>> 3:30 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>>

>> --Robin
>
> Take this with as many grains of salt as you need (source is apparently some UM message board info):
> https://twitter.com/cmsinclar/status/1749592771902439721
>
> Charlie Sinclair
> @cmsinclar
> Some Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers intel
>
> -Jim Harbaugh’s flight to LA is scheduled for tonight
> -His wife Sarah will be accompanying him on the trip to LA
> -Still only one scheduled second interview for the Chargers
> From on3.com
> 4:39 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>
> re: the second point, house hunting?
>
> Michael

Or he's including her in making the decision, as he should.

Did you say that the interview is Thursday?

--Robin

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<l1ag5aF426hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4207&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4207

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
second time this week
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:51:18 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:51 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:

>>> Sounds positive. The Chargers are probably going to have to offer him a
>>> five-year contract, or something like that, to compete with Michigan's
>>> offer, which is probably for as close to a lifetime contract as a coach
>>> ever gets.
>>>
>>> Some other info bits from this afternoon:
>>>

>>> Vic Tafur @VicTafur
>>>
>>> Former Chargers GM Tom Telesco is in Las Vegas for a second interview
>>> for the Raiders GM job.
>>>
>>> 1:18 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>>>

>>> Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
>>>
>>> Source: The Chargers are interviewing NFL chief football administrative
>>> officer Dawn Aponte for their general manager job.
>>>
>>> Aponte has extensive league experience as an executive with three front
>>> offices (Dolphins, Jets, Browns).
>>>
>>> 3:30 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>>>

>>> --Robin
>>
>> Take this with as many grains of salt as you need (source is
>> apparently some UM message board info):
>> https://twitter.com/cmsinclar/status/1749592771902439721
>>
>> Charlie Sinclair
>> @cmsinclar
>> Some Jim Harbaugh to the Chargers intel
>>
>> -Jim Harbaugh’s flight to LA is scheduled for tonight
>> -His wife Sarah will be accompanying him on the trip to LA
>> -Still only one scheduled second interview for the Chargers
>>  From on3.com
>> 4:39 PM · Jan 22, 2024
>>
>> re: the second point, house hunting?
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Or he's including her in making the decision, as he should.
>
> Did you say that the interview is Thursday?
>
> --Robin

Actually, the interview apparently is today (Tuesday):

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

From The Insiders on #NFLPlus: Jim Harbaugh is in Los Angeles today for
a second meeting with the #Chargers about their head coaching job. Is
this the job that finally brings Harbaugh back to the NFL?

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1749844057562431818

12:18 PM · Jan 23, 2024

Guilty As Charged Podcast @GACPodcast17

The Chargers have made an “extremely strong offer financially” to Jim
Harbaugh, per MikeGarafolo here. Sounds like this could get done today,
Bolt Fam

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1749847105055883304

12:30 PM · Jan 23, 2024
·

Chargers, Jim Harbaugh reportedly “in striking distance”

Mike Florio

Published January 23, 2024 01:08 PM

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chargers-jim-harbaugh-reportedly-in-striking-distance

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

We heard earlier today that Pete Carroll is making a push for the job.
Mike Vrabel is also in the mix.

1:10 PM · Jan 23, 2024

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1749857027965247605

--Robin

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<7e355484-9754-40f4-b52f-2744b73d4f28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4211&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4211

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 16:59:15 -0800 (PST)
second time this week
From: reneg1971@gmail.com (ReneG)
 by: ReneG - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 00:59 UTC

How does everyone feel about Harbough wanting his son to be the special teams coach? It's the one area of the team that actually performed and the coach is likely gone. I'm ok with it if it means Harbough signs but I hope they keep performing.

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<b14f339e-6d0c-489a-8690-826413f1503an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4213&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4213

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:06:46 -0800 (PST)
second time this week
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 01:06 UTC

On Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 4:59:17 PM UTC-8, ReneG wrote:
> How does everyone feel about Harbough wanting his son to be the special teams coach? It's the one area of the team that actually performed and the coach is likely gone. I'm ok with it if it means Harbough signs but I hope they keep performing.

I'm not crazy about Ficken being replaced, special teams have been the one area of consistency as you mentioned. But Jay Harbaugh apparently was Big Ten special teams coach of the year, and yeah you pretty much have to let Jim Harbaugh name his staff as he sees fit. I've seen reports that they've already agreed on salary and are just hashing out those final details like staffing, of course there could always be a last minute collapse of talks over such issues but I expect the Chargers are going to give him free rein. If I had to guess, I'd expect word will come tomorrow that he's the hire.

Michael

Re: Schefter on Twitter: Harbaugh expected to meet with Chargers for second time this week

<l1bbisF8uvlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4215&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4215

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
second time this week
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 21:39:20 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 02:39 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 23, 2024 at 4:59:17 PM UTC-8, ReneG wrote:

>> How does everyone feel about Harbough wanting his son to be the special teams coach? It's the one area of the team that actually performed and the coach is likely gone. I'm ok with it if it means Harbough signs but I hope they keep performing.
>
> I'm not crazy about Ficken being replaced, special teams have been the one area of consistency as you mentioned. But Jay Harbaugh apparently was Big Ten special teams coach of the year, and yeah you pretty much have to let Jim Harbaugh name his staff as he sees fit. I've seen reports that they've already agreed on salary and are just hashing out those final details like staffing, of course there could always be a last minute collapse of talks over such issues but I expect the Chargers are going to give him free rein. If I had to guess, I'd expect word will come tomorrow that he's the hire.
>
> Michael

I agree with this but I'm pretty disappointed about potentially losing
Ficken.

More tidbits:

Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report [Bleacher Report]

Jim Harbaugh wants to coach the #Chargers and the Chargers want Jim
Harbaugh. He’s in LA and I believe this deal gets done, so long as
Harbaugh’s questions about bringing his staff and analytics folks are met.

2:57 PM · Jan 23, 2024

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1749884106186408267

JosinaAnderson @JosinaAnderson [CBS Sports]

As with all negotiations generally speaking— still have to ensure
smooth negotiations, an agreement on all* terms and conditions & work
towards a signature with no breakdowns on the number, staff etc.

As I mentioned, I’m told Harbaugh is ‘excited’ about all that comes with
the possibilities of the #Chargers gig. As mentioned, discussions are
still ongoing….

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1749916888849686982

5:07 PM · Jan 23, 2024

Nothing from Chargers beat writers, though.

--Robin