From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: USA_Today:_Where_the_Chargers’_general_manager_se
arch_stands_after_hiring_Jim_Harbaugh
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 15:34:22 -0500
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 20:34 UTC

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/25/chargers-general-manager-search-update-joe-hortiz-ed-dodds/

Alex Insdorf
January 25, 2024 9:56 am PT

The Chargers hired Jim Harbaugh as head coach last night in a franchise
altering move. After years of flirting with NFL interest and winning the
College Football Playoff National Championship at Michigan, he’s back in
the NFL. But now, the focus shifts to “building infrastructure” as
Harbaugh said yesterday. That will most likely start with the completion
of the Chargers’ general manager search.

Brandon Brown completed a second interview yesterday for the position.
Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz will also come back for a
second in-person interview today. The Chargers first round of interviews
included Hortiz and Brown as well as JoJo Wooden, Ian Cunningham,
Terrance Gray, Jeff Ireland, Ed Dodds, Jeff King, and Dawn Aponte.

Of those candidates, quite a few have some connections to Harbaugh.
Brandon Brown has been mentioned by Albert Breer as a candidate that
could fit that mold. Per Benjamin Allbright, Michigan was a school Brown
scouted while he was with the Colts and Eagles.

Joe Hortiz doesn’t have a direct connection to Jim Harbaugh himself, but
obviously has worked directly with his brother John Harbaugh in
Baltimore. The same is true for Ian Cunningham, who spent nearly a
decade with the Ravens as a scout.

After missing out on the Raiders general manager job following the
hiring of Tom Telesco, Ed Dodds is still available too. Dodds has long
been viewed as a potential “Harbaugh GM” if he was to make a return in
the NFL. The two reportedly have a strong relationship dating back to
Harbaugh’s time as quarterbacks coach with the Raiders. Back then, Dodds
was a Pro Personnel Intern in Oakland.

Harbaugh will presumably want to put together his staff and mobilize the
Chargers’ offseason as soon as possible, so I’d expect the general
manager search to quickly accelerate now that the former Michigan coach
has finally put pen to paper.

Re: USA Today: Where the Chargers’ general manager search stands after hiring Jim Harbaugh

<l1fv34F7dpdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4239&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4239

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re:_USA_Today:_Where_the_Chargers’_general_manage
r_search_stands_after_hiring_Jim_Harbaugh
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 15:36:47 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 20:36 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/25/chargers-general-manager-search-update-joe-hortiz-ed-dodds/
>

> Alex Insdorf
> January 25, 2024 9:56 am PT
>

> The Chargers hired Jim Harbaugh as head coach last night in a franchise
> altering move. After years of flirting with NFL interest and winning the
> College Football Playoff National Championship at Michigan, he’s back in
> the NFL. But now, the focus shifts to “building infrastructure” as
> Harbaugh said yesterday. That will most likely start with the completion
> of the Chargers’ general manager search.
>
> Brandon Brown completed a second interview yesterday for the position.
> Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz will also come back for a
> second in-person interview today. The Chargers first round of interviews
> included Hortiz and Brown as well as JoJo Wooden, Ian Cunningham,
> Terrance Gray, Jeff Ireland, Ed Dodds, Jeff King, and Dawn Aponte.
>
> Of those candidates, quite a few have some connections to Harbaugh.
> Brandon Brown has been mentioned by Albert Breer as a candidate that
> could fit that mold. Per Benjamin Allbright, Michigan was a school Brown
> scouted while he was with the Colts and Eagles.
>
> Joe Hortiz doesn’t have a direct connection to Jim Harbaugh himself, but
> obviously has worked directly with his brother John Harbaugh in
> Baltimore. The same is true for Ian Cunningham, who spent nearly a
> decade with the Ravens as a scout.
>
> After missing out on the Raiders general manager job following the
> hiring of Tom Telesco, Ed Dodds is still available too. Dodds has long
> been viewed as a potential “Harbaugh GM” if he was to make a return in
> the NFL. The two reportedly have a strong relationship dating back to
> Harbaugh’s time as quarterbacks coach with the Raiders. Back then, Dodds
> was a Pro Personnel Intern in Oakland.
>
> Harbaugh will presumably want to put together his staff and mobilize the
> Chargers’ offseason as soon as possible, so I’d expect the general
> manager search to quickly accelerate now that the former Michigan coach
> has finally put pen to paper.

Guilty As Charged Podcast @GACPodcast17

According to Adam Schefter on the McAfee show, Giants Assistant GM
Brandon Brown and Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz are
believed to be the two finalists for the Chargers GM opening.

12:38 PM · Jan 25, 2024

https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1750573988970139731

Re: USA Today: Where the Chargers’ general manager search stands after hiring Jim Harbaugh

<l1g50hF8jtjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4240&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4240

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
r_search_stands_after_hiring_Jim_Harbaugh
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:17:48 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:17 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/25/chargers-general-manager-search-update-joe-hortiz-ed-dodds/
>>

>> Alex Insdorf
>> January 25, 2024 9:56 am PT
>>

>> The Chargers hired Jim Harbaugh as head coach last night in a
>> franchise altering move. After years of flirting with NFL interest and
>> winning the College Football Playoff National Championship at
>> Michigan, he’s back in the NFL. But now, the focus shifts to “building
>> infrastructure” as Harbaugh said yesterday. That will most likely
>> start with the completion of the Chargers’ general manager search.
>>
>> Brandon Brown completed a second interview yesterday for the position.
>> Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz will also come back for
>> a second in-person interview today. The Chargers first round of
>> interviews included Hortiz and Brown as well as JoJo Wooden, Ian
>> Cunningham, Terrance Gray, Jeff Ireland, Ed Dodds, Jeff King, and Dawn
>> Aponte.
>>
>> Of those candidates, quite a few have some connections to Harbaugh.
>> Brandon Brown has been mentioned by Albert Breer as a candidate that
>> could fit that mold. Per Benjamin Allbright, Michigan was a school
>> Brown scouted while he was with the Colts and Eagles.
>>
>> Joe Hortiz doesn’t have a direct connection to Jim Harbaugh himself,
>> but obviously has worked directly with his brother John Harbaugh in
>> Baltimore. The same is true for Ian Cunningham, who spent nearly a
>> decade with the Ravens as a scout.
>>
>> After missing out on the Raiders general manager job following the
>> hiring of Tom Telesco, Ed Dodds is still available too. Dodds has long
>> been viewed as a potential “Harbaugh GM” if he was to make a return in
>> the NFL. The two reportedly have a strong relationship dating back to
>> Harbaugh’s time as quarterbacks coach with the Raiders. Back then,
>> Dodds was a Pro Personnel Intern in Oakland.
>>
>> Harbaugh will presumably want to put together his staff and mobilize
>> the Chargers’ offseason as soon as possible, so I’d expect the general
>> manager search to quickly accelerate now that the former Michigan
>> coach has finally put pen to paper.
>>

> Guilty As Charged Podcast  @GACPodcast17
>
> According to Adam Schefter on the McAfee show, Giants Assistant GM
> Brandon Brown and Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz are
> believed to be the two finalists for the Chargers GM opening.
>
> 12:38 PM · Jan 25, 2024
>
> https://twitter.com/GACPodcast17/status/1750573988970139731

These two are apparently the two candidates that the Chargers have
interviewed twice, or will have by the end of today:

GM Search: Chargers Confirm Second Round Interview with Brandon Brown

https://www.chargers.com/news/los-angeles-chargers-general-manager-search-second-interview-brandon-brown

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Chargers will bring #Ravens Director of Player Personnel Joe Hortiz
in for a second, in-person GM interview tomorrow, sources say. They had
#Giants assistant GM Brandon Brown in today.

The new GM will work with Jim Harbaugh.

7:54 PM · Jan 24, 2024

--Robin