Never play pool with anyone named "Fats".

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys / Re: OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoying words on Youtube?

SubjectAuthor
* OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoyingobserver
`* OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoyingobserver
 `- OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoyingobserver

1
Re: OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoying words on Youtube?

<1e9806d3-8796-44b6-8f39-09575ea56ad4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4273&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4273

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoying
words on Youtube?
From: prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 17:00 UTC

Yet another bogus blathering nonsensical
video using the "terrifying" word but not
offering one iota of anything anywhere
near terrifying, offering nada but make be-
lieve nonsense, interspersed with tidbits
of a miniscule number of meritable facts:

June 15 2023: Scientists Just Revealed
A Terrifying Discovery About The Pyramids
https://youtu.be/sA8R6uXXVrI

NO, they didn't.

The video is totally fabricated nonsense,
nothing terrifying in the video, a bogus title
in a nonsensical video about the pyramids
& Nikola Tesla, devoid of science, loaded
with nonsensical make believe, nary an
iota of anything anywhere near terrifying.

Nikola Tesla
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Egyptian pyramids
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pyramids

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 1:26:34 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:

..> To each his or her own, & I'm almost always
..> annoyed when I see any of those words in a
..> Youtube title, with the notable exception of
..> when those words actually are appropriate,
..> which is a minority of the time, by far.
..>
..> Put another way, when any of those words
..> appear in a Youtube title, I'm over 90% sure
..> that I won't be terrified by anything in the
..> video with the exception of when those
..> words describe actual terrifying events
..> that are really killing or injuring people or ...
..>
..> ... actually placing people at risk of injury
..> or death. Myself, I've often commented on
..> my fear of heights, drowning, & car wrecks,
..> but I rarely (if ever) use the word terrified
..> to describe that fear.
..>
..> Were I to be actually placed at or near the
..> edge of a tall structure, well, suffice to say,
..> I'm so afraid of that event that I'd never, if
..> I could prevent it, allow myself to be placed
..> at or near such places. Yes, I can imagine
..> being terrified, but actually being terrified,
..> never going to happen if I can prevent it.
..>
..> As a child I from time to time had terrifying
..> nightmares, but for reasons unknown I no
..> longer have those, & can't remember having
..> any since childhood.
..>
..> The people in Ukraine, being subjected to
..> death, mass murder, forced deportation,
..> torture, starvation, being without water,
..> rape, having to leave their homes to try
..> to avoid dying, all of that is terrifying &
..> I hope they defeat the Russian military
..>
..> ... & throw them out of their country as
..> soon as possible.
..>
..> Best wishes to all noble good-hearted
..> life-loving Ukrainians, civilians & those
..> in their military! Best wishes to Russians
..> opposed to the war & to those who are
..> in the Russian military who are resisting,
..> surrendering, & refusing to fight.
..>
..> *--- --- ---*

Re: OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoying words on Youtube?

<d8b3b108-6e21-424c-84d6-83bd3f371567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4274&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4274

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:29:19 -0700 (PDT)
words on Youtube?
From: prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 18:29 UTC

Follow-up:

Another Youtube video, this one using the
"THIS IS TERRIFYING!" phrase in the link
to the video which showed up at the fol-
lowing:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=OUmuamua+SUDDENLY+Showed+Up+Again+%26+Is+Sending+SIGNALS+To+%22Future+space%22

First off, the video gives NO information
about where Oumuamua is, NO informa-
tion about any signals being sent. As for
terrifying, the video provides absolutely
nothing terrifying, zero.

Unfathomable, why so many Youtube
posters are so fixated on TERROR as a
theme for their videos.

If one wishes to be terrified, simply look
up photos of what all the viruses & bac-
teria that are in or on our bodies look like.

Fortunately, most of them aren't bad for
us. Unfortunately, some of them are very
bad for us, terrifying in fact, as documen-
ted in the following video:

Top 10 Bacteria That Can Kill You
https://youtu.be/QeipWCf6kA4

10. E. Coli Hemorrhagic Colitis
9. Beta-Hemolytic Streptococci
8. Mycobacterium
7. Clostridium Tetani
6. Neisseria Meningitidis
5. Bacillus Anthracis
4. Leptospira
3. Treponema Pallidum
2. Clostridium Difficile
1. Necrotizing Fasciitis

Ironically, the terror, terrified, & terrifying
words don't appear anywhere in this ab-
solutely scary terrifying video. Go figure.

On Friday, June 16, 2023 at 12:00:08 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

..> Yet another bogus blathering nonsensical
..> video using the "terrifying" word but not
..> offering one iota of anything anywhere
..> near terrifying, offering nada but make be-
..> lieve nonsense, interspersed with tidbits
..> of a miniscule number of meritable facts:
..>
..> June 15 2023: Scientists Just Revealed
..> A Terrifying Discovery About The Pyramids
..> https://youtu.be/sA8R6uXXVrI
..>
..> NO, they didn't.
..>
..> The video is totally fabricated nonsense,
..> nothing terrifying in the video, a bogus title
..> in a nonsensical video about the pyramids
..> & Nikola Tesla, devoid of science, loaded
..> with nonsensical make believe, nary an
..> iota of anything anywhere near terrifying.
..>
..> Nikola Tesla
..> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
..>
..> Egyptian pyramids
..> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pyramids
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 1:26:34 PM UTC-6, observer wrote:
/> .> To each his or her own, & I'm almost always
/> .> annoyed when I see any of those words in a
/> .> Youtube title, with the notable exception of
/> .> when those words actually are appropriate,
/> .> which is a minority of the time, by far.
/> .>
[...]
/> .> \*---~---~---*/

Re: OT - Terrify, Terrified, Terrifying - most overused & annoying words on Youtube?

<c5a53a84-57a0-4450-90db-29f954e12913n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4275&group=alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys#4275

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 12:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
words on Youtube?
From: prohumanistfreelover@gmail.com (observer)
 by: observer - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 19:14 UTC

Follow-up 2: