The one sure way to make a lazy man look respectable is to put a fishing rod in his hand.

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

SubjectAuthor
* Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCphlash74
+* Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCRobin Miller
|`* Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCEddie Grove
| `- Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCRobin Miller
`* Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCphlash74
 `- Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OCRobin Miller

1
Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<9b4b1e54-5f18-47ad-8583-f92e3485a1e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4264&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4264

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:04:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 17:04 UTC

This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:

https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167

Mike Lefko
@MikeLefko
Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024

(Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)

Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed someone with the experience now.

Michael

Michael

Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<l1vdgmF1asgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4265&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4265

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:14:57 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 31 Jan 2024 17:14 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:
>
> https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167
>
> Mike Lefko
> @MikeLefko
> Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
> about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
> 3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024
>
> (Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)
>
> Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed someone with the experience now.
>
> Michael
>
> Michael

There was an OC last season who did the same thing, I seem to remember.
He didn't get the job offer he wanted and so stayed at his existing
position.

--Robin

Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<65a81416-731b-48c3-8255-176d00d5012fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4266&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4266

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 18:21:05 -0800 (PST)
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 02:21 UTC

On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 9:04:59 AM UTC-8, phlash74 wrote:
> This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:
>
> https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167
>
> Mike Lefko
> @MikeLefko
> Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
> about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
> 3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024
>
> (Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)
>
> Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed someone with the experience now.
>
> Michael

Amusing postscript: Someone responded to that tweet asking how Johnson knew what jobs would come open, I pointed out that no job with a better QB than Herbert realistically had a chance of coming open, and got a response (via quote tweet) from Schlereth himself:

@phlash74
What job with a QB better than Herbert had any realistic chance of coming open? Andy Reid isn't leaving. You'd be basically banking your first HC job on a rookie QB or an unproven vet.
8:56 AM · Jan 31, 2024
·
@markschlereth
Dallas?
9:21 AM · Jan 31, 2024

@phlash74
I like Dak, but I think he's firmly in the tier below Justin. And if Jerry didn't fire McCarthy when Belichick and Harbaugh were available, he's not doing it for Ben Johnson. Appreciate the response, though - I enjoy listening to you talk football.

Michael

Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<l20f6hF6thlU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4269&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4269

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 21:49:49 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 02:49 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2024 at 9:04:59 AM UTC-8, phlash74 wrote:
>> This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167
>>
>> Mike Lefko
>> @MikeLefko
>> Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
>> about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
>> 3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024
>>
>> (Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)
>>
>> Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed someone with the experience now.
>>
>> Michael
>
> Amusing postscript: Someone responded to that tweet asking how Johnson knew what jobs would come open, I pointed out that no job with a better QB than Herbert realistically had a chance of coming open, and got a response (via quote tweet) from Schlereth himself:
>
> @phlash74
> What job with a QB better than Herbert had any realistic chance of coming open? Andy Reid isn't leaving. You'd be basically banking your first HC job on a rookie QB or an unproven vet.
> 8:56 AM · Jan 31, 2024
> ·
> @markschlereth
> Dallas?
> 9:21 AM · Jan 31, 2024
>
> @phlash74
> I like Dak, but I think he's firmly in the tier below Justin. And if Jerry didn't fire McCarthy when Belichick and Harbaugh were available, he's not doing it for Ben Johnson. Appreciate the response, though - I enjoy listening to you talk football.
>
> Michael

Very cool!

--Robin

Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<87o7cz73zn.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4274&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4274

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 22:51:56 -0800
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 06:51 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> phlash74 wrote:
>> This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167
>>
>> Mike Lefko
>> @MikeLefko
>> Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
>> about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month
>> ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the
>> only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
>> 3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024
>>
>> (Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)
>>
>> Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so
>> attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect
>> to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed
>> someone with the experience now.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Michael
>>

> There was an OC last season who did the same thing, I seem to
> remember. He didn't get the job offer he wanted and so stayed at his
> existing position.
>
> --Robin

Same guy.

Re: Ben Johnson decides to stay as Lions OC

<l24jcjF846U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4275&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4275

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 11:25:49 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 16:25 UTC

Eddie Grove wrote:
> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:
>
>> phlash74 wrote:
>>> This story broke the other day, but just saw this today:
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/MikeLefko/status/1752472936169263167
>>>
>>> Mike Lefko
>>> @MikeLefko
>>> Interesting nugget from @markschlereth just now on with @WymanAndBob
>>> about Ben Johnson. Schlereth talked with him a little over a month
>>> ago and Johnson said he was going to be very selective and that the
>>> only place he really wanted to go was the Chargers.
>>> 3:24 PM · Jan 30, 2024
>>>
>>> (Lefko is a producer on the radio show he tagged that Schlereth appeared on)
>>>
>>> Just more proof that Herbert was what made the Chargers' job so
>>> attractive this offseason, glad they landed Harbaugh. No disrespect
>>> to Johnson, he may eventually be a great HC, but the Chargers needed
>>> someone with the experience now.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> There was an OC last season who did the same thing, I seem to
>> remember. He didn't get the job offer he wanted and so stayed at his
>> existing position.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> Same guy.

Interesting. Thanks!