Sailing is fun, but scrubbing the decks is aardvark. -- Heard on Noahs' ark

sport / alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers / Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams

SubjectAuthor
* ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teamsphlash74
`* Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teamsRobin Miller
 `* Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teamsphlash74
  `- Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teamsRobin Miller

1
ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams

<6649d34b-499c-4dc2-ae72-ca98285ad67fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4318&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4318

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:10:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:10 UTC

(full story at link, intro and Chargers' section below, yada yada)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39518123/2024-nfl-offseason-questions-afc-nfc-predictions-free-agency-draft-all-32-teams

2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams
NFL Nation reporters
Feb 15, 2024, 06:30 AM ET

Now that the 2023 NFL season is behind us and the 2024 offseason has begun, every team has a big question to face.

Can the Bengals find a way to keep Tee Higgins? How will the Broncos, Bears, Commanders, Falcons, Giants and Vikings address their quarterback conundrums? And which teams could surprise the league and release veterans to help get under the salary cap?

We asked our NFL Nation reporters to take a closer look at the biggest question each team will face this offseason and give their insight on what could happen over the next few months.

Los Angeles Chargers
How will the Chargers navigate their salary cap constraints?

The Chargers are projected to be $55 million over the salary cap, according to Roster Management System, with edge rushers Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa and wide receivers Keenan Allen and Mike Williams projected to have cap hits upward of $30 million next season.

These four are among the Chargers' best players and would be essential to turning this team around quickly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, but bringing all of them back isn't financially feasible. How the Chargers navigate the cap and what they do with these players will be the focus of this offseason.. -- Kris Rhim

Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams

<l371ifF63s6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4319&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4319

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for
all 32 teams
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 12:56:22 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:56 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> (full story at link, intro and Chargers' section below, yada yada)
>
> https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39518123/2024-nfl-offseason-questions-afc-nfc-predictions-free-agency-draft-all-32-teams
>
> 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams
> NFL Nation reporters
> Feb 15, 2024, 06:30 AM ET
>
> Now that the 2023 NFL season is behind us and the 2024 offseason has begun, every team has a big question to face.
>
> Can the Bengals find a way to keep Tee Higgins? How will the Broncos, Bears, Commanders, Falcons, Giants and Vikings address their quarterback conundrums? And which teams could surprise the league and release veterans to help get under the salary cap?
>
> We asked our NFL Nation reporters to take a closer look at the biggest question each team will face this offseason and give their insight on what could happen over the next few months.
>
> Los Angeles Chargers
> How will the Chargers navigate their salary cap constraints?
>
> The Chargers are projected to be $55 million over the salary cap, according to Roster Management System, with edge rushers Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa and wide receivers Keenan Allen and Mike Williams projected to have cap hits upward of $30 million next season.
>
> These four are among the Chargers' best players and would be essential to turning this team around quickly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, but bringing all of them back isn't financially feasible. How the Chargers navigate the cap and what they do with these players will be the focus of this offseason. -- Kris Rhim

I am really fascinated to see how Hortiz and Harbaugh manage the roster.

--Robin

Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams

<622b5f48-24b4-459e-9458-aa047c42134dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4320&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4320

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 13:43:21 -0800 (PST)
all 32 teams
From: phlash74@msn.com (phlash74)
 by: phlash74 - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:43 UTC

On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 9:56:34 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:
> > (full story at link, intro and Chargers' section below, yada yada)
> >
> > https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39518123/2024-nfl-offseason-questions-afc-nfc-predictions-free-agency-draft-all-32-teams
> >
> > 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams
> > NFL Nation reporters
> > Feb 15, 2024, 06:30 AM ET
> >
> > Now that the 2023 NFL season is behind us and the 2024 offseason has begun, every team has a big question to face.
> >
> > Can the Bengals find a way to keep Tee Higgins? How will the Broncos, Bears, Commanders, Falcons, Giants and Vikings address their quarterback conundrums? And which teams could surprise the league and release veterans to help get under the salary cap?
> >
> > We asked our NFL Nation reporters to take a closer look at the biggest question each team will face this offseason and give their insight on what could happen over the next few months.
> >
> > Los Angeles Chargers
> > How will the Chargers navigate their salary cap constraints?
> >
> > The Chargers are projected to be $55 million over the salary cap, according to Roster Management System, with edge rushers Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa and wide receivers Keenan Allen and Mike Williams projected to have cap hits upward of $30 million next season.
> >
> > These four are among the Chargers' best players and would be essential to turning this team around quickly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, but bringing all of them back isn't financially feasible. How the Chargers navigate the cap and what they do with these players will be the focus of this offseason. -- Kris Rhim
> >
> I am really fascinated to see how Hortiz and Harbaugh manage the roster.
>
> --Robin

I'm certainly no GM, but I'll play one on Usenet. I would trade Bosa for a pick and (unfortunately) let Mike Dub walk, while restructuring Allen and Mack if possible. Even though I predicted 12-5 next year, I certainly would get it if they want to take the last year of Herbert's rookie deal (the fifth year extension), clear a bunch of cap space and really target the following year, while filling in the gaps this year with draft picks and cheaper free agents on one year deals. Like you, I'm very interested to see in which direction they take it.

Michael

Re: ESPN.com: 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams

<l37tbrFb3sfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4321&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4321

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
all 32 teams
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:50:41 -0500
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 01:50 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 9:56:34 AM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:
>> phlash74 wrote:
>>> (full story at link, intro and Chargers' section below, yada yada)
>>>
>>> https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39518123/2024-nfl-offseason-questions-afc-nfc-predictions-free-agency-draft-all-32-teams
>>>
>>> 2024 NFL offseason: Free agency, draft questions for all 32 teams
>>> NFL Nation reporters
>>> Feb 15, 2024, 06:30 AM ET
>>>
>>> Now that the 2023 NFL season is behind us and the 2024 offseason has begun, every team has a big question to face.
>>>
>>> Can the Bengals find a way to keep Tee Higgins? How will the Broncos, Bears, Commanders, Falcons, Giants and Vikings address their quarterback conundrums? And which teams could surprise the league and release veterans to help get under the salary cap?
>>>
>>> We asked our NFL Nation reporters to take a closer look at the biggest question each team will face this offseason and give their insight on what could happen over the next few months.
>>>
>>> Los Angeles Chargers
>>> How will the Chargers navigate their salary cap constraints?
>>>
>>> The Chargers are projected to be $55 million over the salary cap, according to Roster Management System, with edge rushers Khalil Mack and Joey Bosa and wide receivers Keenan Allen and Mike Williams projected to have cap hits upward of $30 million next season.
>>>
>>> These four are among the Chargers' best players and would be essential to turning this team around quickly under new coach Jim Harbaugh, but bringing all of them back isn't financially feasible. How the Chargers navigate the cap and what they do with these players will be the focus of this offseason. -- Kris Rhim
>>>
>> I am really fascinated to see how Hortiz and Harbaugh manage the roster.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> I'm certainly no GM, but I'll play one on Usenet. I would trade Bosa for a pick and (unfortunately) let Mike Dub walk, while restructuring Allen and Mack if possible. Even though I predicted 12-5 next year, I certainly would get it if they want to take the last year of Herbert's rookie deal (the fifth year extension), clear a bunch of cap space and really target the following year, while filling in the gaps this year with draft picks and cheaper free agents on one year deals. Like you, I'm very interested to see in which direction they take it.
>
> Michael

Yes, that's what I would do too. That seems like the most
commonly-suggested approach. It's a shame that Bosa and Williams can't
stay healthy.

--Robin