From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 18:27:23 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:27 UTC

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

#Chargers waived Andrew Trainer and Amechi Uzodinma

6:13 PM · Mar 12, 2024

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1767675278279463412

Re: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma

<l5cg0fFf45iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4388&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4388

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:06:03 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 02:06 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:

> Aaron Wilson  @AaronWilson_NFL
>
> #Chargers waived Andrew Trainer and Amechi Uzodinma
>
> 6:13 PM · Mar 12, 2024
>
> https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1767675278279463412

Subtracting these two salary leaves the Chargers $19,555,665 over the
cap. Cutting Williams saves exactly $20M according to OTC, leaving the
Chargers $444,335 to the good. So it appears that they are set up if
they have to release Williams without restructuring anyone else.

OTC has removed Trainer and Uzodinma but added Gilman and Gus Edwards
(but not Dissly) to the Chargers' 2024 salary cap page:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers

But Gilman's and Edwards' salaries won't hit the cap calculation until
they're officially signed.

--Robin

Re: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma

<ussj3d$11af8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4390&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4390

From: phlash74@gmail.com (phlash74)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 09:09:16 -0700
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:09 UTC

On 3/12/24 7:06 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Aaron Wilson  @AaronWilson_NFL
>>
>> #Chargers waived Andrew Trainer and Amechi Uzodinma
>>
>> 6:13 PM · Mar 12, 2024
>>
>> https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1767675278279463412
>>

> Subtracting these two salary leaves the Chargers $19,555,665 over the
> cap. Cutting Williams saves exactly $20M according to OTC, leaving the
> Chargers $444,335 to the good. So it appears that they are set up if
> they have to release Williams without restructuring anyone else.
>
> OTC has removed Trainer and Uzodinma but added Gilman and Gus Edwards
> (but not Dissly) to the Chargers' 2024 salary cap page:
>
> https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers
>
> But Gilman's and Edwards' salaries won't hit the cap calculation until
> they're officially signed.
>
> --Robin

So they can cut Williams, then when the year officially starts sign
those announced deals and continue to shop Bosa and/or Mack up until the
draft? Or do they have to make another move before making the signings
official?

Michael

Re: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma

<l5e3i6Fmie7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4391&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4391

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:45:53 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:45 UTC

phlash74 wrote:
> On 3/12/24 7:06 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Robin Miller wrote:
>>>
>>> Aaron Wilson  @AaronWilson_NFL
>>>
>>> #Chargers waived Andrew Trainer and Amechi Uzodinma
>>>
>>> 6:13 PM · Mar 12, 2024
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1767675278279463412
>>>

>> Subtracting these two salary leaves the Chargers $19,555,665 over the
>> cap. Cutting Williams saves exactly $20M according to OTC, leaving the
>> Chargers $444,335 to the good. So it appears that they are set up if
>> they have to release Williams without restructuring anyone else.
>>
>> OTC has removed Trainer and Uzodinma but added Gilman and Gus Edwards
>> (but not Dissly) to the Chargers' 2024 salary cap page:
>>
>> https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers
>>
>> But Gilman's and Edwards' salaries won't hit the cap calculation until
>> they're officially signed.
>>
>> --Robin
>>

> So they can cut Williams, then when the year officially starts sign
> those announced deals and continue to shop Bosa and/or Mack up until the
> draft? Or do they have to make another move before making the signings
> official?
>
> Michael

Yes, cutting Williams makes them cap compliant, but then they have to
clear another $9M for the three free agent signings. But they can then
trade one or more players right after 1 pm/4 pm in order to get some
value in return.

Popper agrees with me:

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1767950524706705878

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

By my math, a Mike Williams release would get #Chargers to compliance
ahead of 1 p.m. PT deadline. Then team would have to clear an additional
~$9M to process Alohi Gilman, Will Dissly, Gus Edwards contracts.

12:27 PM · Mar 13, 2024

--Robin

Re: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma

<l5e3qfFmjlnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4392&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4392

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:50:19 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:50 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> phlash74 wrote:

>>> Subtracting these two salary leaves the Chargers $19,555,665 over the
>>> cap. Cutting Williams saves exactly $20M according to OTC, leaving
>>> the Chargers $444,335 to the good. So it appears that they are set up
>>> if they have to release Williams without restructuring anyone else.
>>>
>>> OTC has removed Trainer and Uzodinma but added Gilman and Gus Edwards
>>> (but not Dissly) to the Chargers' 2024 salary cap page:
>>>
>>> https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers
>>>
>>> But Gilman's and Edwards' salaries won't hit the cap calculation
>>> until they're officially signed.
>>>
>>> --Robin
>>>

>> So they can cut Williams, then when the year officially starts sign
>> those announced deals and continue to shop Bosa and/or Mack up until
>> the draft? Or do they have to make another move before making the
>> signings official?
>>
>> Michael
>

> Yes, cutting Williams makes them cap compliant, but then they have to
> clear another $9M for the three free agent signings. But they can then
> trade one or more players right after 1 pm/4 pm in order to get some
> value in return.
>
> Popper agrees with me:
>
> https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1767950524706705878
>

> Daniel Popper @danielrpopper
>
> By my math, a Mike Williams release would get #Chargers to compliance
> ahead of 1 p.m. PT deadline. Then team would have to clear an additional
>  ~$9M to process Alohi Gilman, Will Dissly, Gus Edwards contracts.
>
> 12:27 PM · Mar 13, 2024
>

> --Robin

Or maybe it's $7M. Whatever it is, they can get the cap space by trading
players after the new league year starts.

--Robin

Re: Chargers reportedly waive Trainer and Uzodinma

<l5e735Fn3rkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4393&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4393

From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:46:10 -0400
 by: Robin Miller - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:46 UTC

Robin Miller wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>> phlash74 wrote:

>>> So they can cut Williams, then when the year officially starts sign
>>> those announced deals and continue to shop Bosa and/or Mack up until
>>> the draft? Or do they have to make another move before making the
>>> signings official?
>>>
>>> Michael
>>

>> Yes, cutting Williams makes them cap compliant, but then they have to
>> clear another $9M for the three free agent signings. But they can then
>> trade one or more players right after 1 pm/4 pm in order to get some
>> value in return.
>>
>> Popper agrees with me:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1767950524706705878
>>

>> Daniel Popper @danielrpopper
>>
>> By my math, a Mike Williams release would get #Chargers to compliance
>> ahead of 1 p.m. PT deadline. Then team would have to clear an
>> additional   ~$9M to process Alohi Gilman, Will Dissly, Gus Edwards
>> contracts.
>>
>> 12:27 PM · Mar 13, 2024
>>

>> --Robin
>>

> Or maybe it's $7M. Whatever it is, they can get the cap space by trading
> players after the new league year starts.
>
> --Robin

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper

Space to clear for compliance by 1 p.m. PT: $19.56M

Additional space needed for Dissly, Alohi Gilman, Gus Edwards contracts:
$8.25M

Total: $27.81M

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1767968085951263084