From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: Tom Pelissero has some details on the Bosa and Mack restructures
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:12:31 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 01:12 UTC

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

How did the #Chargers keep both their pass rushers?

Khalil Mack took a pay cut from $23.25 million to $19M as part of a
restructured contract that now prevents him from being franchise tagged
in 2025.

After playing just 14 games over the past two seasons, Joey Bosa also
took a cut, from $22M to $15M, but got his salary fully guaranteed and
can earn back $4M through sack incentives. An $8.36M roster bonus due
the third day of the 2025 league year also was increased to $12.36M and
moved up to the first day, forcing an earlier and more expensive decision.

So L.A. keeps both in the fold for 2024, and Mack and Bosa get more
control over their futures in 2025.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768441858705748064

8:59 PM · Mar 14, 2024

Re: Tom Pelissero has some details on the Bosa and Mack restructures

<87il1nrwix.fsf@hotmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4423&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4423

From: eddiegrove@hotmail.com (Eddie Grove)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:54:30 -0700
 by: Eddie Grove - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:54 UTC

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> writes:

> Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
>
> How did the #Chargers keep both their pass rushers?
>
> Khalil Mack took a pay cut from $23.25 million to $19M as part of a
> restructured contract that now prevents him from being franchise
> tagged in 2025.
>
> After playing just 14 games over the past two seasons, Joey Bosa also
> took a cut, from $22M to $15M, but got his salary fully guaranteed and
> can earn back $4M through sack incentives. An $8.36M roster bonus due
> the third day of the 2025 league year also was increased to $12.36M
> and moved up to the first day, forcing an earlier and more expensive
> decision.
>
> So L.A. keeps both in the fold for 2024, and Mack and Bosa get more
> control over their futures in 2025.
>
> https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768441858705748064
>
> 8:59 PM · Mar 14, 2024

I am really surprised they both took pay cuts.