From: robin.miller@invalid.invalid (Robin Miller)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Subject: OT: NFL will play game on Christmas, which is a Wednesday
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:10:16 -0400
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: Robin Miller - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 20:10 UTC

RM: Presumably the teams will be scheduled for Saturday games the
previous week, but it's crazy to keep limiting players' recovery times
from games.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

NFL is planning to play another game this year on Christmas Day, which
is on a Wednesday. So a Wednesday Christmas Day game coming.

11:04 AM · Mar 26, 2024

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1772640872506556584

Re: OT: NFL will play game on Christmas, which is a Wednesday

<uu1bu4$2t8qs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=4458&group=alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers#4458

From: phlash74@gmail.com (phlash74)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:53:56 -0700
 by: phlash74 - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:53 UTC

On 3/26/24 1:10 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> RM: Presumably the teams will be scheduled for Saturday games the
> previous week, but it's crazy to keep limiting players' recovery times
> from games.
>

> Adam Schefter  @AdamSchefter
>
> NFL is planning to play another game this year on Christmas Day, which
> is on a Wednesday. So a Wednesday Christmas Day game coming.
>
> 11:04 AM · Mar 26, 2024
>

> https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1772640872506556584

Yeah, this is crap. I've advocated for them to rearrange the schedule so
that the teams playing on Thursday Night Football are both coming off
bye weeks (so TNF would only be the season opener and weeks 4-14 or
however long the bye weeks run). The vast majority of people will be
off on the day after Xmas anyways, so they could have a special
standalone game on Thursday (with teams that played Saturday) or Friday.

Michael