Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Subject: Giants Restructure Daniel Jones' Contract
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 12:46:57 -0400
 by: *ernie - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:46 UTC

The New York Giants restructured quarterback Daniel Jones' contract on
Monday, converting $8.42 million of his base salary this year into a
signing bonus, creating $6.315 million in salary cap space, according to
a source. The move gives the Giants some space to potentially add
another player before the start of the 2023 regular season, which begins
this Thursday. The 26-year-old signal-caller excelled in head coach
Brian Daboll's first year with the team in 2022, posting a career-high
67.2 completion percentage for 3,205 yards, 15 touchdowns and five
interceptions in 16 regular season games. He also ran for a career-high
708 yards and seven TDs on 120 carries. Because of his rushing abilities
alone, Jones is a low-end QB1 in fantasy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/giants-restructure-daniel-jones-contract/ar-AA1gec24?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=060ef9868b29466db87c53e50937a2f8&ei=13

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Giants Restructure Daniel Jones' Contract

<edcdef15-7cbe-49c9-9cc8-d532be1426d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5104&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5104

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 13:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Giants Restructure Daniel Jones' Contract
From: gregkaney53@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 20:39 UTC

On Monday, September 4, 2023 at 12:46:59 PM UTC-4, *ernie wrote:
> The New York Giants restructured quarterback Daniel Jones' contract on
> Monday, converting $8.42 million of his base salary this year into a
> signing bonus, creating $6.315 million in salary cap space, according to
> a source. The move gives the Giants some space to potentially add
> another player before the start of the 2023 regular season, which begins
> this Thursday. The 26-year-old signal-caller excelled in head coach
> Brian Daboll's first year with the team in 2022, posting a career-high
> 67.2 completion percentage for 3,205 yards, 15 touchdowns and five
> interceptions in 16 regular season games. He also ran for a career-high
> 708 yards and seven TDs on 120 carries. Because of his rushing abilities
> alone, Jones is a low-end QB1 in fantasy.
>

> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/giants-restructure-daniel-jones-contract/ar-AA1gec24?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=060ef9868b29466db87c53e50937a2f8&ei=13
>

> --
> ernie k.
> already...@hotmail.c

At this late date you figure its insurance against injury, as opposed to they got their eye on someone now....for instance if someone goes down you cant get someone else in a trade for future draft pick unless you got the cap space for his hypothetical replacement. The injured player doesnt "come off" the cap just because he is injured.