From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Subject: My take (so far)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 00:41:32 -0400
 by: *ernie - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 04:41 UTC

So far the glass is half full. Yes, they've looked bad twice but that
was to the predicted two best teams in the NFC. Their one win was
against the team that beat Dallas. As bad as the offense has been so
far, I'm much more concerned about the D. They've had no major injuries
to blame. Hoping these guys gel or the season could get ugly. If they do
get it together, they can be a tier 2 team again like least season. With
the personnel they have an O, I can't see them not getting it done. I
still think by mid-season the OL will be a viable unit. Another play-off
berth will be there for the taking.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: My take (so far)

<ofpihip6leit7o549mahanfcqipelh9is1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5173&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5173

From: TomBenton@agent.com
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: My take (so far)
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 08:42:12 -0400
 by: TomBenton@agent.com - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:42 UTC

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 00:41:32 -0400, *ernie
<alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>So far the glass is half full. Yes, they've looked bad twice but that
>was to the predicted two best teams in the NFC. Their one win was
>against the team that beat Dallas. As bad as the offense has been so
>far, I'm much more concerned about the D. They've had no major injuries
>to blame. Hoping these guys gel or the season could get ugly. If they do
>get it together, they can be a tier 2 team again like least season. With
>the personnel they have an O, I can't see them not getting it done. I
>still think by mid-season the OL will be a viable unit. Another play-off
>berth will be there for the taking.

Given the relative parity in the second tier anything is possible but
they have to shore up the run D (which they thought they thought they
had done) and get more consistent production from those two rookie
corner backs. Also, Wink has to come up with a D that deals with those
quick flanker screens that seem to neutrilize his blitzing schemes.

Re: My take (so far)

<8f492d87-9951-44b9-bb28-6c528715d03an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5176&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5176

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:17:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: gregkaney53@gmail.com (iommiRULES)
 by: iommiRULES - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 23:17 UTC

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 8:42:15 AM UTC-4, TomB...@agent.com wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 00:41:32 -0400, *ernie
> <already...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >So far the glass is half full. Yes, they've looked bad twice but that
> >was to the predicted two best teams in the NFC. Their one win was
> >against the team that beat Dallas. As bad as the offense has been so
> >far, I'm much more concerned about the D. They've had no major injuries
> >to blame. Hoping these guys gel or the season could get ugly. If they do
> >get it together, they can be a tier 2 team again like least season. With
> >the personnel they have an O, I can't see them not getting it done. I
> >still think by mid-season the OL will be a viable unit. Another play-off
> >berth will be there for the taking.
> Given the relative parity in the second tier anything is possible but
> they have to shore up the run D (which they thought they thought they
> had done) and get more consistent production from those two rookie
> corner backs. Also, Wink has to come up with a D that deals with those
> quick flanker screens that seem to neutrilize his blitzing schemes.

I think if they win Tommorow they should thank their lucky stars they will be 2-2 because they played like dogshit for all but 2 of the 12 quarters thus far. And im not talking about the losses but it is how they lost.....demolished by Dallas at home and yea i understand losing to SF in SF but what did Saquan and Thomas being out have to do with the shitty tackling on Defense? So far that is really what has disappointed me because i thought the D would be better than this. Still early but it will get late real fast if we lose to the Seahawks.