From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Excellent Super Bowl
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 01:37:53 -0500
 by: *ernie - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 06:37 UTC

Very exciting 2nd half and overtime. Game seemed to last forever,
especially the 1st half. I was able to enjoy because I didn't care who
won. I went in with my son on a few pools and he texted me after the
game that we hit, but I'm not sure for how much. Watched the game with
my siblings and a couple of nieces with their husbands and 1 baby who
didn't cry except once when she was hungry. Much less traffic than
expected coming home. Overall, a good Super Bowl Sunday.

--
ernie k.
alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com

Re: Excellent Super Bowl

<l1snsidvje9jf62db5gbr8aqa6pu58ckd4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5352&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5352

From: TomBenton@agent.com
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Subject: Re: Excellent Super Bowl
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:49:34 -0500
 by: TomBenton@agent.com - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:49 UTC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 01:37:53 -0500, *ernie
<alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Very exciting 2nd half and overtime. Game seemed to last forever,
>especially the 1st half. I was able to enjoy because I didn't care who
>won. I went in with my son on a few pools and he texted me after the
>game that we hit, but I'm not sure for how much. Watched the game with
>my siblings and a couple of nieces with their husbands and 1 baby who
>didn't cry except once when she was hungry. Much less traffic than
>expected coming home. Overall, a good Super Bowl Sunday.

It is more relaxing when the Giants aren't playing and you don't have
an emotional investment in the outcome. You just had to know that the
9ers inability to put the Chiefs away in the first half or at least to
put up more points was going to come back and bite them on the ass.
That missed PAT was big.

Maybe Spags gets a head coaching opportunity out of this.

Re: Excellent Super Bowl

<uqj9ve$2qj9h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5353&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5353

From: alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com (*ernie)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:05:50 -0500
 by: *ernie - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 21:05 UTC

On 2/13/2024 5:49 PM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 01:37:53 -0500, *ernie
> <alreadydeleted9@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Very exciting 2nd half and overtime. Game seemed to last forever,
>> especially the 1st half. I was able to enjoy because I didn't care who
>> won. I went in with my son on a few pools and he texted me after the
>> game that we hit, but I'm not sure for how much. Watched the game with
>> my siblings and a couple of nieces with their husbands and 1 baby who
>> didn't cry except once when she was hungry. Much less traffic than
>> expected coming home. Overall, a good Super Bowl Sunday.
>
> It is more relaxing when the Giants aren't playing and you don't have
> an emotional investment in the outcome. You just had to know that the
> 9ers inability to put the Chiefs away in the first half or at least to
> put up more points was going to come back and bite them on the ass.
> That missed PAT was big.

Huge. You never know what would have transpired but that would have made
it whole different game. Its' funny how little teams value their
place-kickers during the off-season, yet the fate of an entire season
can hinge on their performance.

> Maybe Spags gets a head coaching opportunity out of this.

I sometimes wonder why the Giants didn't give him a season after he
replaced McAdoo back in December 2017

Re: Excellent Super Bowl

<36e57b83-8cef-417d-8642-e915b945d836n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=5355&group=alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants#5355

Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.ny-giants
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:10:49 -0800 (PST)
From: DrElefant@aol.com (DrElefant)
 by: DrElefant - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 06:10 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 3:05:53 PM UTC-6, *ernie wrote:
> On 2/13/2024 5:49 PM, TomB...@agent.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 01:37:53 -0500, *ernie
> > <already...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Very exciting 2nd half and overtime. Game seemed to last forever,
> >> especially the 1st half. I was able to enjoy because I didn't care who
> >> won. I went in with my son on a few pools and he texted me after the
> >> game that we hit, but I'm not sure for how much. Watched the game with
> >> my siblings and a couple of nieces with their husbands and 1 baby who
> >> didn't cry except once when she was hungry. Much less traffic than
> >> expected coming home. Overall, a good Super Bowl Sunday.
> >
> > It is more relaxing when the Giants aren't playing and you don't have
> > an emotional investment in the outcome. You just had to know that the
> > 9ers inability to put the Chiefs away in the first half or at least to
> > put up more points was going to come back and bite them on the ass.
> > That missed PAT was big.
> >
> Huge. You never know what would have transpired but that would have made
> it whole different game. Its' funny how little teams value their
> place-kickers during the off-season, yet the fate of an entire season
> can hinge on their performance.
> >
> > Maybe Spags gets a head coaching opportunity out of this.
> I sometimes wonder why the Giants didn't give him a season after he
> replaced McAdoo back in December 2017

Some of us wanted that, but unfortunately the new GM didn't.

Of course, Spags might be one of those guys who is so good at being a defensive coordinator that he may help the team more just staying in that position. When he had a stint as a head coach with the Rams years ago, everything seemed to go wrong for him.

But he's definitely made a huge difference for the Chiefs as the DC. Since he arrived in KC, they made it to 4 Super Bowls and won 3. Before that, they'd get knocked out in the playoffs every year in spite of their high scoring Andy Reid offenses.

DocE

"The future ain't what it used to be." -Yogi Berra