From: constance@duxmail.com (Con Reeder, unhyphenated American)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: Solar/Wind Are The Champions My Friend
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:04:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Con Reeder, unhyphen - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:04 UTC

On 2023-06-13, bruce bowser <bruce1.9bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the first time in history, solar power and wind power have combined for
> more electricity generation than fossil fuels in the EU. Last month, the two
> core renewables of the new clean energy era achieved that historic crossover
> point.
>
> solar power provided a record 14% of the EU’s electricity, from a record 27
> TWh. That May total even beats the solar record set in the middle of summer,
> July, last year.
>
> This is also the first time that solar electricity beat coal electricity — 14%
> versus 10%.

At what cost? The highest electric prices in the world with some of the poorest
stability.

--
Life isn't fair, but it's good. -- Regina Brett

Re: Solar/Wind Are The Champions My Friend

<lldj8ih24h4jadic5l0hda84vapsjap0c0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=67675&group=rec.sport.football.college#67675

From: joe@mich.com
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 08:52:26 -0400
 by: joe@mich.com - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 12:52 UTC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:04:31 -0000 (UTC), "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:

>On 2023-06-13, bruce bowser <bruce1.9bowser@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For the first time in history, solar power and wind power have combined for
>> more electricity generation than fossil fuels in the EU. Last month, the two
>> core renewables of the new clean energy era achieved that historic crossover
>> point.
>>
>> solar power provided a record 14% of the EU’s electricity, from a record 27
>> TWh. That May total even beats the solar record set in the middle of summer,
>> July, last year.
>>
>> This is also the first time that solar electricity beat coal electricity — 14%
>> versus 10%.
>
>At what cost? The highest electric prices in the world with some of the poorest
>stability.

Not to mention that it won't do a damn thing to stop global warming if you believe geologic history.
We could pretend the earth is a pro-Russian maga Trump RNC lacky and is lying to us. I think some already are, actually.

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: Solar/Wind Are The Champions My Friend