From: xyzzy.dude@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Oregon wouldn’t accept less
money than UCLA
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:50:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/bb91jsdGNv4DsMTuOVPdgReE9Y=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:50 UTC

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-pac-12-collapse-four-182514849.html

“When Kliavkoff presented the idea to the Pac-12 board, Oregon interim
president Patrick Phillips vehemently shut it down. He said he would not
have the Ducks in a conference where they have to take less money than
UCLA, and any conversation about the possibility quickly died.”

Of course less than a year later Oregon accepted a B1G invite with terms
under which Oregon and Washington get less money than all other members,
including UCLA.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

Re: Oregon wouldn’t accept less money than UCLA

<uc4vpe$2u6lt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/sport/article-flat.php?id=68370&group=rec.sport.football.college#68370

From: xyzzy.dude@gmail.com (xyzzy)
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Subject: Re: Oregon wouldn’t accept
less money than UCLA
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:58:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:OlOpfNQIeAt7u3ryS6NZmwqECkA=
 by: xyzzy - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 12:58 UTC

xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-pac-12-collapse-four-182514849.html
>
> “When Kliavkoff presented the idea to the Pac-12 board, Oregon interim
> president Patrick Phillips vehemently shut it down. He said he would not
> have the Ducks in a conference where they have to take less money than
> UCLA, and any conversation about the possibility quickly died.”
>
> Of course less than a year later Oregon accepted a B1G invite with terms
> under which Oregon and Washington get less money than all other members,
> including UCLA.

Btw I’m not claiming this would have saved the PAC-12 if Oregon had agreed.
It’s just that the irony is thick.

The ACC has agreed to a similar arrangement but FSU is still actively and
publicly looking to leave, with strong rumors Clemson is too but more
quietly. What’s holding the ACC together at the moment is an apparently
ironclad grant of rights, which ironically the ACC plagiarized from the Big
12.

--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie

sport / rec.sport.football.college / Re: Oregon wouldn’t accept less money than UCLA