Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux -- unknown source

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Basso

SubjectAuthor
* BassoTom Kunich
`* RE: BassoTom Kunich
 `* RE: RE: BassoAMuzi
  +* RE: RE: RE: BassoTom Kunich
  |`* Re: RE: RE: RE: BassoAMuzi
  | `- Re: RE: RE: RE: BassoTom Kunich
  +* Re: RE: RE: BassoAMuzi
  |+* Re: RE: RE: BassoTom Kunich
  ||`- Re: BassoRadey Shouman
  |`* Re: BassoRadey Shouman
  | +- Re: BassoAMuzi
  | `* Re: BassoZen Cycle
  |  `* Re: BassoRoger Merriman
  |   `* Re: BassoAMuzi
  |    `* Re: BassoJohn B.
  |     `- Re: BassoRoger Merriman
  `* Re: RE: Bassofunkma...@hotmail.com
   +- RE: Re: RE: BassoTom Kunich
   `* RE: Re: RE: BassoTom Kunich
    `* Re: RE: Re: RE: BassoZen Cycle
     `* RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BassoTom Kunich
      `- Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BassoZen Cycle

1
Basso

<HM6zN.286583$Ama9.7431@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101243&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101243

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: Basso
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:30:15 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:30 UTC

I did 30 miles on the Basso up Cull Canyon and back. I was hoping for totally dry roads but there were three spots with water running across the road. The handling and balance on a climb was close to perfect and I got home and removing my gloves didn't hurt and it has been on the BMC. I noticed that the water bottle cage was broken and replaced it with a better MSW plastic version and the mounting screws on the Basso were also 4 mm. This is an insult to Flunky who cannot work on his own stuff but can tell us all about them. While I was in Robinson's Wheel works There was a Specialized Roubaix carbon bike that he had built for a customer. It had the standard 5 mm bottle mounts. Getting home I cleaned and polished the Basso and attached the BB cable guide. I also picked up a set of bar tape in Robinson's and I straightened the RSL wheel on the wheel stand when I got home.

RE: Basso

<KN6zN.457006$83n7.447906@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101244&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101244

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: Basso
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:31:22 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:31 UTC

On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 5:35:32 PM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
> I did 30 miles on the Basso up Cull Canyon and back. I was hoping for totally dry roads but there were three spots with water running across the road. The handling and balance on a climb was close to perfect and I got home and removing my gloves didn't hurt and it has been on the BMC.
>
> I noticed that the water bottle cage was broken and replaced it with a better MSW plastic version and the mounting screws on the Basso were also 4 mm. This is an insult to Flunky who cannot work on his own stuff but can tell us all about them. While I was in Robinson's Wheel works There was a Specialized Roubaix carbon bike that he had built for a customer. It had the standard 5 mm bottle mounts.
>
> Getting home I cleaned and polished the Basso and attached the BB cable guide. I also picked up a set of bar tape in Robinson's and I straightened the RSL wheel for the Allez on the wheel stand when I got home. I also found a deal on a set of Bontrager X-lites so I bought them. They are quite a bit lighter than the RSL's I also forgot to add that I got a flat again 3 blocks from home on the way out on the ride, I fixed it so I was a little late going up the canyon but it was so cold that there were only two others coming down. And I think that they park at the base and only do the 13 miles in and out.

RE: RE: Basso

<qQ6zN.329515$7sbb.109973@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101245&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101245

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: AMuzi@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Subject: RE: RE: Basso
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:34:14 GMT
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:34 UTC

That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

RE: RE: RE: Basso

<FR6zN.230429$vFZa.27246@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101246&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101246

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Basso
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:35:33 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:35 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:34:39 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/13/2024 7:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > I did 30 miles on the Basso up Cull Canyon and back. I was hoping for totally dry roads but there were three spots with water running across the road. The handling and balance on a climb was close to perfect and I got home and removing my gloves didn't hurt and it has been on the BMC.
> >
> > I noticed that the water bottle cage was broken and replaced it with a better MSW plastic version and the mounting screws on the Basso were also 4 mm. This is an insult to Flunky who cannot work on his own stuff but can tell us all about them. While I was in Robinson's Wheel works There was a Specialized Roubaix carbon bike that he had built for a customer. It had the standard 5 mm bottle mounts.
> >
> > Getting home I cleaned and polished the Basso and attached the BB cable guide. I also picked up a set of bar tape in Robinson's and I straightened the RSL wheel on the wheel stand when I got home.
> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the
> Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts.
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> a...@yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I don't know what year it is but it is built completely different from all of the previous Basso's with the ultralight steel forks and brazed connections between the top tube and seat stays. The bike also doesn't steer really stable but it is accurate so it goes where I steer. But it does tend to wander around on the road like a "real" race bike if you're not alert.

Re: RE: RE: Basso

<uqj2ei$2p8do$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101254&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101254

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:57:21 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:57 UTC

On 2/14/2024 11:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Interesting post.

The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier
post.

It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email
address (we restrict allowed addresses at our server).
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: RE: RE: RE: Basso

<uqj2m0$2p8do$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101255&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101255

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: Basso
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:01:19 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 19:01 UTC

On 2/14/2024 11:35 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wed Feb 14 17:34:14 2024 AMuzi wrote:
>> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 5:34:39 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 2/13/2024 7:35 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> I did 30 miles on the Basso up Cull Canyon and back. I was hoping for totally dry roads but there were three spots with water running across the road. The handling and balance on a climb was close to perfect and I got home and removing my gloves didn't hurt and it has been on the BMC.
>>>
>>> I noticed that the water bottle cage was broken and replaced it with a better MSW plastic version and the mounting screws on the Basso were also 4 mm. This is an insult to Flunky who cannot work on his own stuff but can tell us all about them. While I was in Robinson's Wheel works There was a Specialized Roubaix carbon bike that he had built for a customer. It had the standard 5 mm bottle mounts.
>>>
>>> Getting home I cleaned and polished the Basso and attached the BB cable guide. I also picked up a set of bar tape in Robinson's and I straightened the RSL wheel on the wheel stand when I got home.
>> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the
>> Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts.
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> I don't know what year it is but it is built completely different from all of the previous Basso's with the ultralight steel forks and brazed connections between the top tube and seat stays. The bike also doesn't steer really stable but it is accurate so it goes where I steer. But it does tend to wander around on the road like a "real" race bike if you're not alert.

Brazed with lugs?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/bas13c.jpg

Or fillet brazed as the final Basso Gap design?
http://www.yellowjersey.org/GAPHEAD.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: RE: RE: Basso

<cbc8b4d2-ad30-4f8d-9d95-880c3236d505n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101267&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101267

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:15:55 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclintom@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 21:15 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 10:57:26 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/14/2024 11:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
> > That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
> Interesting post.
>
> The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier
> post.
>
> It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email
> address (we restrict allowed addresses at our server).
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> a...@yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I beg your pardon for that. It took over an hour for the subject to appear on my news server and I thought that Google had stopped posing early and so tried to move the subject in total to my new news server. But that doesn't work well.

Re: RE: RE: RE: Basso

<71788df9-4c9b-41e3-a9f3-a21265689602n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101268&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101268

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:18:41 -0800 (PST)
From: cyclintom@gmail.com (Tom Kunich)
 by: Tom Kunich - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 21:18 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 11:01:24 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
> On 2/14/2024 11:35 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> > On Wed Feb 14 17:34:14 2024 AMuzi wrote:
> >> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

> >> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the
> >> Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts.
> >> --
> >> Andrew Muzi
> >> a...@yellowjersey.org
> >> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
> >
> > I don't know what year it is but it is built completely different from all of the previous Basso's with the ultralight steel forks and brazed connections between the top tube and seat stays. The bike also doesn't steer really stable but it is accurate so it goes where I steer. But it does tend to wander around on the road like a "real" race bike if you're not alert.
> Brazed with lugs?
> http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/bas13c.jpg
>
> Or fillet brazed as the final Basso Gap design?
> http://www.yellowjersey.org/GAPHEAD.JPG
> --
> Andrew Muzi
> a...@yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

It has lugs on the BB and the head tube and brazed at the seat tube. The fully brazed Gap hadn't appeared until the following year.

Re: Basso

<87cysyznv5.fsf@mothra.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101275&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101275

From: shouman@comcast.net (Radey Shouman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:23:42 -0500
sha1:OFQeXB5Dp4zsYTZ2mjY3WAOnrUs=
 by: Radey Shouman - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:23 UTC

AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> writes:

> On 2/14/2024 11:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we
>> sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> Interesting post.
>
> The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier post.
>
> It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email address (we
> restrict allowed addresses at our server).

It took a longer than usual path to get here:

Highwinds-media?

Re: Basso

<878r3mzno1.fsf@mothra.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101276&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101276

From: shouman@comcast.net (Radey Shouman)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:27:58 -0500
sha1:5XqGN+hEZc8xiVdhdtL+oYg051A=
 by: Radey Shouman - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:27 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 10:57:26 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
>> On 2/14/2024 11:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>> > That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we
>> > sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org
>> > Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>> Interesting post.
>>
>> The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier
>> post.
>>
>> It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email
>> address (we restrict allowed addresses at our server).
>> --
>> Andrew Muzi
>> a...@yellowjersey.org
>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> I beg your pardon for that. It took over an hour for the subject to
> appear on my news server and I thought that Google had stopped posing
> early and so tried to move the subject in total to my new news
> server. But that doesn't work well.

I'm not at all sure it's your fault. The path this post took looks
completely different:

--

Re: Basso

<uqjfuj$2rm4k$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101278&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101278

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:47:46 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:47 UTC

https://highwinds-media.com/
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org

Re: RE: Basso

<d4d36b70-f08a-48dd-9443-e84d6eb3a625n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101299&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101299

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 02:06:02 -0800 (PST)
From: funkmasterxx@hotmail.com (funkma...@hotmail.com)
 by: funkma...@hotmail.co - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:06 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 12:34:18 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

That's because tommy doesn't know there's a difference between a hex bolt with a 4mm drive vs M5

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/socket-head-screws~/18-8-stainless-steel-socket-head-screws-11/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/

Re: Basso

<uql1hs$3aa6i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101305&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101305

From: funkmaster@hotmail.com (Zen Cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:54:20 -0500
 by: Zen Cycle - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 12:54 UTC

On 2/14/2024 5:23 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
> AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> writes:
>
>> On 2/14/2024 11:34 AM, AMuzi wrote:
>>> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we
>>> sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org
>>> Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>>
>> Interesting post.
>>
>> The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier post.
>>
>> It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email address (we
>> restrict allowed addresses at our server).
>
> It took a longer than usual path to get here:

> Highwinds-media?

There was some sort of weirdness going on with ES overnight. It wouldn't
let me log on at all. Seems to be OK now.

ES users in another group I belong to have reported the same issues,
seems like the ES server may have been down/misbehaving for a bit.

--
Add xx to reply

Re: Basso

<X7qzN.573171$Ko1.454836@fx05.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101319&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101319

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:32:07 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:32 UTC

Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/14/2024 5:23 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
>> AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> writes:

>>> Interesting post.
>>>
>>> The above is not from me but rather a synopsis of my earlier post.
>>>
>>> It is purportedly from "me" but shows an invalid email address (we
>>> restrict allowed addresses at our server).
>>
>> It took a longer than usual path to get here:

>> Highwinds-media?
>
> There was some sort of weirdness going on with ES overnight. It wouldn't
> let me log on at all. Seems to be OK now.
>

> ES users in another group I belong to have reported the same issues,
> seems like the ES server may have been down/misbehaving for a bit.

That’s why I gave with Eternal September while the price is great it falls
over way too much, or simply does weird shit etc.

Roger Merriman

Re: Basso

<uqlc0u$3cd6f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101325&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101325

From: am@yellowjersey.org (AMuzi)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:53:04 -0600
 by: AMuzi - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:53 UTC

On 2/15/2024 9:32 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> It took a longer than usual path to get here:

>>> Highwinds-media?
>>
>> There was some sort of weirdness going on with ES overnight. It wouldn't
>> let me log on at all. Seems to be OK now.
>>

>> ES users in another group I belong to have reported the same issues,
>> seems like the ES server may have been down/misbehaving for a bit.
>>

> That’s why I gave with Eternal September while the price is great it falls
> over way too much, or simply does weird shit etc.
>
> Roger Merriman

Except for a couple or three outages per year (usually hours
not days) I find it reliable and useful.
--
Andrew Muzi
am@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Re: Basso

<n42tsiph7k13erml681njn0luc46qdrd3h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101374&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101374

From: slocombjb@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 04:57:48 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:57 UTC

On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:53:04 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>On 2/15/2024 9:32 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> There was some sort of weirdness going on with ES overnight. It wouldn't
>>> let me log on at all. Seems to be OK now.
>>>

>>> ES users in another group I belong to have reported the same issues,
>>> seems like the ES server may have been down/misbehaving for a bit.
>>>

>> That’s why I gave with Eternal September while the price is great it falls
>> over way too much, or simply does weird shit etc.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>>

>Except for a couple or three outages per year (usually hours
>not days) I find it reliable and useful.

I have to agree as I've been using E.S. for years and years with no
-problems.
--
Cheers,

John B.

RE: Re: RE: Basso

<42PBN.408947$PuZ9.294034@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101941&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101941

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:30:40 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:30 UTC

On Thu Feb 15 02:06:02 2024 "funkma...@hotmail.com" wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 12:34:18PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
> > That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> That's because tommy doesn't know there's a difference between a hex bolt with a 4mm drive vs M5
>
> https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/socket-head-screws~/18-8-stainless-steel-socket-head-screws-11/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/

Tell me stupid, when I went up to Ace Hardware and bought a couple of 4 mm bolts, why did they fit?

RE: Re: RE: Basso

<J5PBN.109813$TSTa.37151@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101942&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101942

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:34:33 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:34 UTC

On Thu Feb 15 02:06:02 2024 "funkma...@hotmail.com" wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 12:34:18PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
> > That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>
> That's because tommy doesn't know there's a difference between a hex bolt with a 4mm drive vs M5
>
> https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/socket-head-screws~/18-8-stainless-steel-socket-head-screws-11/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/

Tell me stupid, why when I went up to Ace Hardware and bought a couple of 4 mm bolts did they fit. According to you, I should have bought 5 mm so that I had to go back and get the correct size. Now I know that you don't work on your own bike,

Re: RE: Re: RE: Basso

<ur8fio$3s1p2$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101945&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101945

From: funkmaster@hotmail.com (Zen Cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:50:16 -0500
 by: Zen Cycle - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:50 UTC

On 2/22/2024 4:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thu Feb 15 02:06:02 2024 "funkma...@hotmail.com" wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 12:34:18PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
>>> That's interesting. Which year/model of Basso? All the Bassos we sold had standard 5mm mounts. -- Andrew Muzi a...@yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971
>>
>> That's because tommy doesn't know there's a difference between a hex bolt with a 4mm drive vs M5
>>
>> https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/socket-head-screws~/18-8-stainless-steel-socket-head-screws-11/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/
>>

> Tell me stupid

OK, I can tell you're stupid

> why when I went up to Ace Hardware and bought a couple of 4 mm bolts did they fit.

I don't believe you, or, you bought a 4mm metric socket head screw and
got lucky that it was a M5.

> According to you, I should have bought 5 mm so that I had to go back and get the correct size.

No, according to me, you should have taken a similar bolt that fits in
the mount with you to match up, that way you'd be sure.

> Now I know that you don't work on your own bike,

We know you shouldn't work on your own bike.

--
Add xx to reply

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Basso

<buPBN.58304$9cLc.51194@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101947&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101947

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Basso
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:00:39 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 22:00 UTC

On Thu Feb 22 16:50:16 2024 Zen Cycle wrote:
> On 2/22/2024 4:34 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >>
> >> That's because tommy doesn't know there's a difference between a hex bolt with a 4mm drive vs M5
> >>
> >> https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/socket-head-screws~/18-8-stainless-steel-socket-head-screws-11/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m5/length~10-mm/
> >>

> > Tell me stupid
>
> OK, I can tell you're stupid
>
> > why when I went up to Ace Hardware and bought a couple of 4 mm bolts did they fit.
>
> I don't believe you, or, you bought a 4mm metric socket head screw and
> got lucky that it was a M5.
>
> > According to you, I should have bought 5 mm so that I had to go back and get the correct size.
>
> No, according to me, you should have taken a similar bolt that fits in
> the mount with you to match up, that way you'd be sure.
>
> > Now I know that you don't work on your own bike,
>
> We know you shouldn't work on your own bike.
>
> --
> Add xx to reply

Well, you just had to show how stupid you are. And you succeeded, Mark one up for the idiot.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Basso

<ura4ps$3s1p1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101981&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101981

From: funkmaster@hotmail.com (Zen Cycle)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Basso
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 07:58:36 -0500
 by: Zen Cycle - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 12:58 UTC

On 2/22/2024 5:00 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Thu Feb 22 16:50:16 2024 Zen Cycle wrote:

>>> Tell me stupid
>>
>> OK, I can tell you're stupid
>>
>>> why when I went up to Ace Hardware and bought a couple of 4 mm bolts did they fit.
>>
>> I don't believe you, or, you bought a 4mm metric socket head screw and
>> got lucky that it was a M5.
>>
>>> According to you, I should have bought 5 mm so that I had to go back and get the correct size.
>>
>> No, according to me, you should have taken a similar bolt that fits in
>> the mount with you to match up, that way you'd be sure.
>>
>>> Now I know that you don't work on your own bike,
>>
>> We know you shouldn't work on your own bike.
>>
>> --
>> Add xx to reply
>>

> Well, you just had to show how stupid you are. And you succeeded, Mark one up for the idiot.

Says the guy who bought special campagnolo non-stretch shifter cables.

--
Add xx to reply

Re: Basso

<tv1CN.793948$am1.706710@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=101983&group=rec.bicycles.tech#101983

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 13:57:45 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 13:57 UTC

John B. <slocombjb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 09:53:04 -0600, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

>>> That’s why I gave with Eternal September while the price is great it falls
>>> over way too much, or simply does weird shit etc.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>>

>> Except for a couple or three outages per year (usually hours
>> not days) I find it reliable and useful.
>
> I have to agree as I've been using E.S. for years and years with no
> -problems.

Even recently last few months it seems to not get some of Tom’s posts I
believe was Frank and few others who noted that they saw the reply’s but
not his posts. Ie will not necessarily be that obvious.

Roger Merriman